District 13AA

GCPioneer

Does the TSSAA not have to clear players?????????????????? Funny this is just now happening. If you want to go with deductive reasoning again...sounds as if someone does not like the success DC has had....dang shame to put a bunch of kids who have WORKED to be where they are in the middle of this.....just find it real STRANGE happens right before tourny's...real strange.

They do.....

This has probably been going on awhile....If it is true at all....

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC 81 Brighton 65 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Choctaws /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

THANKS I wait till the next day when i dint go to see if they won or n wondered why some hadnt already posted it..guess all this non-sense folks got cuaght up with !! HA !!

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I figured if I posted what I heard that someone would tell what they know..Matt said that was the same thing as what he's had heard..I'm from Lake Co but I live in Newbern so I hear a lot about what goes on..None of this may be even trur..Just posted what I had heard to bring it out on the table..I know there's probably going to be a lot of people hoping Dyer Co is doing something...I hear all the rumours but to my knowledge,,Dyer Co hasn't done anything illegal..I was told that Hudson was going to probably go to Dyer Co well before the school started...So..whether it's Gibson Co or Dyer Co..has the right as a freashman to go to either school...As far as Justin Blake ,Rex Oierce..Everyone knows they sat out a year...Nothing illegal there..As for Cedric..Maybe he has been coming from Halls..Maybe he just wanted to stay with a grandmother or an aunt a few days..Don't know the situation...The only thing I believe could happen there is the T.S.S.A.A. may just want to see if Cedric lives with his mom or Dad and can show a utility bill or phone bills that shows he lives in Newbern..If not and he lives with a friend's family or aunt..could be bad news..The only other thing could be if several parents came forward and said maybe Coach McCord may have talked to their kids and maybe tried to steer them to Dyer Co during open gym or maybe playing with the Dyer Co AAU team..I haven't heard of anything being done but I'm sure if a kid played AAU ball..that some of the kids may say..Dyer Co..Not saying he did or is..but if he did..then decided to go back to live at Halls...Does that necessarily mean that Coach McCord or the school actually knows..!He may get in his car and they don't know where he's going..As for mail...maybe he has a P.O. box in Newbern and the school thinks he lives in Newbern..Again..there may not be anything to any of this..I'm hoping there isn't..I would love to see Dyer Co make it to the State..Shame a lot of people aren't for their own county school and other schools in the area.. Just posting what I heard and hoping it would bring someone out that knows more ..if there is more..Be nice to all pull together..I was told during the Dyersburg game the other night that the announcer told the score of the Dyer Co-Obion Cen. game and the gym erupted with applause..That's a shame..!

Justin Blake sat out a year when he transferred but Rex Pierce did not. He moved to Newbern from Dyersburg. Cedric moved to Newbern from Halls.

The relevant language of the TSSAA rule is as follows:

Bona Fide Change of Residence. A move from one community to another that justifies a change of schools. Where a family continues to maintain a previous residence for the residential purposes of that family or any of its members, the move is not one that justifies a change of schools for purposes of the TSSAA Bylaws.

The coach and the principal must complete a form that reads in part as follows:

There has been a bona fide change of residence that meets the following:

New residence is in the territory of the new school (please refer to definition of territory) and outside the territory of the former school. Yes or No

Old residence is outside the territory of the new school. Yes or No

Former residence has been disposed of as a residence of the entire family unit that was residing in the old residence. Yes or No

The information above provides basic information regarding the transfer. We understand that the information does not cover all parts of the eligibility rules set forth in Article II of the TSSAA Bylaws.

We certify that we have reviewed and understood the TSSAA Rules, we have discussed those rules with the above student and with his/her parents that we deemed necessary and that we believe the student??™s transfer is not the result of recruiting or any other reason in contravention of the TSSAA Transfer Rule or other applicable rule.

Signature of Coach: Signature of Principal:

I hope everything was on the up and up with their change of residence because the rules and the form are very specific.

Lets look at the facts. Backing up to Courtney Jones.

His dad got the job at Northview MS as the principal... I know because he used my old office at the board until he got moved into the high school. Courtney moved as a result. So since he was in DC, TSSAA cleared him, Butch used him! The "bus incident" was a kid needing a ride to the game. Everyone knows Butch treated the kids like family. And anyone who thinks THAT incident was recruiting can get bent. Honestly. I'm sick of the Butch Hopkins thrashers.. because yes, he was a character.. he also did a lot of the right things too.

Now, boys and girls, lets move past that.. to NOW. the 2008-09 season.. okay?

Dyer Co. is now 27-1 (11-1). There are a lot of people, due to the old days, that can't stand that fact. They're going to put in complaints, especially if they can make some sort of far-fetched case. As far as the "recruiting" claim.. when you're a powerhouse in Region 7AA, with a talent pool that allows you to confidently play freshmen/sophomores.. of course students want to go there. Within the county, they're the newer facilities, the better program, they're the kids that play in Murfreesboro, not the ones that go to watch during spring break.

Academically.. well.. I won't go there. just compare the numbers on honors day. If you're not an athlete.. go to Dyersburg. lol

I think this witch hunt is all hogwash guys... everyone wants to hate the team that's winning. Look at ANY other sport (Jeff Gordon.. the Yankees.. the Red Wings.. the Lakers.. USC..) and you'll see that people are always gunning for those at the top, and hoping that they fall.

Now, if the TSSAA comes out and says there's a violation.. I'll be the first to say that it caught me blindsided... but at the same time, make sure your own yard is clean, before you come yelling at ours.

Justin Blake sat out a year when he transferred but Rex Pierce did not. He moved to Newbern from Dyersburg. Cedric moved to Newbern from Halls.

The relevant language of the TSSAA rule is as follows:

Bona Fide Change of Residence. A move from one community to another that justifies a change of schools. Where a family continues to maintain a previous residence for the residential purposes of that family or any of its members, the move is not one that justifies a change of schools for purposes of the TSSAA Bylaws.

The coach and the principal must complete a form that reads in part as follows:

There has been a bona fide change of residence that meets the following:

New residence is in the territory of the new school (please refer to definition of territory) and outside the territory of the former school. Yes or No

Old residence is outside the territory of the new school. Yes or No

Former residence has been disposed of as a residence of the entire family unit that was residing in the old residence. Yes or No

The information above provides basic information regarding the transfer. We understand that the information does not cover all parts of the eligibility rules set forth in Article II of the TSSAA Bylaws.

We certify that we have reviewed and understood the TSSAA Rules, we have discussed those rules with the above student and with his/her parents that we deemed necessary and that we believe the student??™s transfer is not the result of recruiting or any other reason in contravention of the TSSAA Transfer Rule or other applicable rule.

Signature of Coach: Signature of Principal:

I hope everything was on the up and up with their change of residence because the rules and the form are very specific.

I thought Rex started the same time as Blake and Parr...I didn't remember him playing until they did..The article or rules you posted are basically the same as I wrote..The school and the T.S.S.A.A. must have been satisified that a legimate move was made..Can't have two house holds..In other words..rent a house in Newbern and maybe keep the residence in Halls..maybe even turn the breaker off but keep the utilities in their name..But if his parents were divorced..would be allowed to move in with the other parent..The school may have signed off on it as well as the parent but that doesn't mean that a student wanting to go to a winning program..thinks he can maybe rent a house but not really move..in other words..keep our house in Halls that we may own and rent a house in Newbern..The T.S.S.A.A. will want to see utilities from Newbern..whose name they are in ...and maybe check in Lauderdale Co to see if their are utilities in the parents name also..The school and the T.S.S.A.A. may not check into this because maybe they have those documents but then people or other schools complain and they decide to check things out.It may be nothing to any of this..Hopefully it isn't..You say Ced moved to Halls..He may have..but were all the T's crossed..The T.S.S.A.A. ..if they are investigating..must have some reason to believe at least look into the situation ..As for the school..they could sign off on it but be duped..I'm pretty sure if I wanted my son to go to Lake Co..could keep my house and rent a house in Lake Co..Get a rental slip from the owner..hook up the utilities..Could move there or maybe just rent a cheap house..turn off the breaker.and actually stay in Newbern..But I would bet if I showed Lake Co the rental slip and that I had utilities hooked up..they would sign off on it..Nothing else for them to believe..Just happened in Memphis I believe last year..A team had to forfeit all their games because a player was suppose to have moved..the school thought that he had..but he really hadn't..Don't remember the school and all the details..but I believe it was a football team last year and was getting ready for the playoffs and had to forfeit..All the parents were mad because the student and his parents duped everyone..Didn't think the whole team should suffer because they had worked so hard ..All the T.S.S. A.A. could do was make them forfeit because he played in all the games..I'm hoping nothing has happened and there's nothing to any of this..But..just because the school signed off..doesn't mean the school and coach at the new school would know everything..Just maybe that they have a rental receipt and maybe a phone or utility bill..But still could be more to the story..Hopefully not !

Coach Brown of course

That's about the kind of post I would expect from a little pencil-necked geek. Were you playing a high school sport about then? Why don' you just be honest and say "No sir, I'm not good enough to play with the talented boys: I'm just a SUMMER LEAGUER!

Enjoy--savor every minute of ever game; reality may be lurking just over the horizon.

Reality sir... they're winning again this year... and DHS is still taking it on the chin.

Just thought I'd check in on that post a year later.... happy friday 13.

That's about the kind of post I would expect from a little pencil-necked geek. Were you playing a high school sport about then? Why don' you just be honest and say "No sir, I'm not good enough to play with the talented boys: I'm just a SUMMER LEAGUER!

Time to get the popcorn ready for that one....

Not good enough??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You are hilarious!!! I laugh at this!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Btw I’m not trying to start another topic. But why won’t t c even play us in basketball anymore ???
    • Wiz, could you kindly inquire of MP whether my pork shoulder has completed its duration in the smoker? My appetite has been piqued, and I eagerly await its readiness. Regrettably, it appears that despite my attempts at communication, there has been no response forthcoming from him.
    • Given your evident depth of knowledge on coaching matters, I'm intrigued to hear your perspective on who you believe would be the most suitable candidate for the position.
    • If he’s the best option that isn’t good. I heard he couldn’t even get the qb to play baseball this year.  kids aren’t coming out for him either he’s in the same boat. But it’s trousdale county and it’s just baseball. You can win one game a year same goes for basketball no one will even kno or talk about it. Just like up here on the hill basketball is the more serious thing in my books if you start losing there’s usually some change.. 
    • I live in Macon and watched both but I’ll take up for satterfield on this one look at the dudes he has these 2 years compared to the others don’t forget we barely even scored on them there for awhile when he started coaching there just look at 2018 on   If you give him athletes to play with he’s a dangerous d c.