Boyd Buc @ South Pitt

reaction

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow,what an improvement over last year's squad for BB.I see a deep run in the playoffs for this team.D-line play was awesome.I think SP overall is not giving BB the credit due.The QB was rushed all night long for SP.RB's running room just wasn't easy to come by.Good-luck the rest of the season.Plain and simple SP won a tough game.

Bossbro, I have to agree with you, Boyd is a much improved team from last year. If they continue to play with the intesity they did last night, they will make a deep run in the playoffs. David had a great run in the first quarter, but Boyd did everything they could to keep him and the other two backs bottled up the rest of the night.

I wanted to ask how David is? I was a little concerned because I noticed it looked like he may have injured his shoulder last night. I will have to say that is one of the hardest hitting games I can remember in a long time.

My hats off to both teams. Seems like a lot of people ( not necessarily Boyd fans ) get excited about a team coming close to beating SP. I guess SP coming close to getting beat is a highlight for a someone who has little to cheer about.

I never predict a blowout, I see it every Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday it's called Football. Congratulations Pirates!

Bossbro, I have to agree with you, Boyd is a much improved team from last year. If they continue to play with the intesity they did last night, they will make a deep run in the playoffs. David had a great run in the first quarter, but Boyd did everything they could to keep him and the other two backs bottled up the rest of the night.

I wanted to ask how David is? I was a little concerned because I noticed it looked like he may have injured his shoulder last night. I will have to say that is one of the hardest hitting games I can remember in a long time.

Thanks for asking 1994.He's doing fine.Just a bone bruise to his shoulder.BB was tough and have alot to be proud of.

Been good owls. Hopefully we will meet up sometime, maybe play off time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How are things in SC.

Having a pretty good year so far. The region race is really tight right now. May be another SC BB playoff game this year. I've only made it up to one game this year. Looks like I missed a heck of a game in your neck of the woods. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game.

How would you compare last years running game to this year, I think last years runner were just all around tougher.

I think the biggest difference from this year and last year is the offensive line. Not to knock any of the kids this year, but I really feel like last year's line was better at this point in the season...but SP also had to replace 4 starters from 2007. Against the two good teams we have played, Jones, Mitchell and Bibbs have earned every yard.

I think the biggest difference from this year and last year is the offensive line. Not to knock any of the kids this year, but I really feel like last year's line was better at this point in the season...but SP also had to replace 4 starters from 2007. Against the two good teams we have played, Jones, Mitchell and Bibbs have earned every yard.

I think you're right 1994, however, our defense is much better than this time last year.

Offense sells tickets

Defense wins championships.

I think you're right 1994, however, our defense is much better than this time last year.

Offense sells tickets

Defense wins championships.

Yeah, I believe there is what... a senior on the line that never started till this year. A tight end converted to tackle. A sophmore who IMO may be the best lineman, and a new snapper. So really only one true OL starter right??

What impressed me about David Jones was late in the 4th quarter he was running with more intensity than in the 1st. That proved to me that he could go every down if he wanted to, and still play defense as he does now.

I believe Terrell will be fine. Once he watches himself on film and sees what he needs to do. The seams were open all night. Malcom beat #23 up and down the field, except for on the quick out. But giving BB DL's they were in his face all night.

I want to personally commend the Pirates coaching staff on their play calling. It was tough, but they really seem to be studying the opponent well before the game. The calls are right, just need to execute better.

Boyd's player caught the ball before it went the required TEN yards. The receiving team can touch the ball before it goes TEN yards but not the kicking team. Anyone know why the Boyd coach did not have a flag thrown on him after the onside attempt? He was still on the field when we were set to start the play. Our coach had a flag thrown on him after the holding penalty wiped out our second TD. If you are going to throw flags be fair about it.

Old Pirates says it was obvious even to the football fans that were there from other areas that the refs were terrible and were bias. Time to move on............... OP says those box stats don't mean squat except to the loosing team.

OP says, "The Pirates need to be only be concerned with the box the gold ball sets atop".

It Seems Mulehogg Has Struck A Nerve. Us Rebels Can't Vouch For Ya'lls Running Game Last Season, Heck We Never Saw Em Until After They Scored.

Every team has their own personality and when you win a championship , next couple of teams will be measured by them. This is speed team , not a lot of grind it out it is hit a crack and gone. Last year the team was a lot more smash mouth. David Jones is a great back , Just the off seems so much different not bad, just different.