g-p beats north green 70-0

sycobilly911

Just to let everyone know Gp's first string only played for 8 mins. and then the 2nd and 3rd took over for the rest of the game.. scoreing about 3 or 4 touchdowns theirselves.. do u think alcoa or any other team wuld just stop playing no.. i know it was an outrageous score but alcoa might as well done the same thing to us 2 or 3 yrs. ago.. all u can do is try harder next game.. North Greene players played hard as well as everyone else.. good luck on the rest of ur season North Greene!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they put in reserves then the coach did all he should have done to keep the score down. Backups should be allowed to run normal plays so they get real experience and not limited to fullback dives just to make the other team not look bad. GP took a real beating against Alcoa and now they are giving them out. I am glad they have turned their team around. If they keep their starters in then complain away, if they sub and you still get whipped then it should be a learning experience.

Practice your D.

G-P has been on the other end of one of these. Good on them.

The first six series was about 13 plays. So, that's all the first team played. The second team didn't play much either. The third team played it out through 3 qtrs. GP did not run up the score. Nobody likes to be on the other side of these scores but sometimes they happen. And yes, we've been on the other side of them. GP plays hard every week and respects every opponent.

GP was beaten worse 3 years ago by Alcoa 91-7. I watched that playback and it could have been 150-0 if Alcoa wanted to.

Yea, it didn't go so well did it. It was a good learning experience. Several years later, we faced them again and again we didn't win the game but scored more points than anyone else that year on them except for your own Rebels. They've got a good program in Alcoa, and I'd say, per student, the best in the State of Tennessee, bar none. The best speed in 2A and that's where their real advantage is.

Yea, it didn't go so well did it. It was a good learning experience. Several years later, we faced them again and again we didn't win the game but scored more points than anyone else that year on them except for your own Rebels. They've got a good program in Alcoa, and I'd say, per student, the best in the State of Tennessee, bar none. The best speed in 2A and that's where their real advantage is.

I watched last years playback of the GP/Alcoa game. GP had a nice passing game. Any team with a nice passing game can give Alcoa fits. Alcoa just has too many athletes for a lot of schools.