Smith County comes to the Rockpile October 17 2008

Mr. Postman1

Now that this game is less than a week away, will the trash talk out of the Carthage Mafia pick up to normal levels? Or are the Owls just thinking they have no shot and dont want to eat the crow sandwhich on Wheat Bread. This will be the biggest game in the mid-state this week in my opinion. I look for a big crowd. Aw shoot, here comes the bleacher jokes now. Oh well, we have a nice hill to sit on and watch. I'd say it might even be full this week.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that this game is less than a week away, will the trash talk out of the Carthage Mafia pick up to normal levels? Or are the Owls just thinking they have no shot and dont want to eat the crow sandwhich on Wheat Bread. This will be the biggest game in the mid-state this week in my opinion. I look for a big crowd. Aw shoot, here comes the bleacher jokes now. Oh well, we have a nice hill to sit on and watch. I'd say it might even be full this week.

Is there anymore seating??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Is there anymore seating??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think this describes more of the kind of seating SC will be using on Friday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We are saving a special one for you Glover /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Guest Termite

Termite, come on and do some talking. I know you want to. Or are you just so depressed about the way this season has gone you'd just soon to stay quiet.

Nothing left to talk about. We've covered everything. Wait a minute...............there is one thing that nobody has answered for me yet. I'va asked a couple of times and hadn't got any response.

Lincoln Co. has THE PIT....if you've been there you would understand...it's in a pit.

All TIGERS play at "THE JUNGLE"...everybody gets it....tigers-jungles..

SC plays in THE HOLE...if you've been there...it's in a hole ..leaving the field...no matter which way you go...it's up hill.

What in the world has a rock pile got to do with Westmoreland's football field??? Is a pile of rocks nearby? Was a pile of rocks cleared from the field?

Was there a pile of rocks there when they built the bleachers?? MY BAD ,I FORGOT, WHAT BLEACHERS?

The rockpile?????...The field never looked that bad to me......Cowpasture maybe....but not rockpile. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Nothing left to talk about. We've covered everything. Wait a minute...............there is one thing that nobody has answered for me yet. I'va asked a couple of times and hadn't got any response.

Lincoln Co. has THE PIT....if you've been there you would understand...it's in a pit.

All TIGERS play at "THE JUNGLE"...everybody gets it....tigers-jungles..

SC plays in THE HOLE...if you've been there...it's in a hole ..leaving the field...no matter which way you go...it's up hill.

What in the world has a rock pile got to do with Westmoreland's football field??? Is a pile of rocks nearby? Was a pile of rocks cleared from the field?

Was there a pile of rocks there when they built the bleachers?? MY BAD ,I FORGOT, WHAT BLEACHERS?

The rockpile?????...The field never looked that bad to me......Cowpasture maybe....but not rockpile. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The term "Rock Pile" came from the 70's when the field was pretty much dirt and small rocks. There was no practice field, so all practices, scrimmages, and games took place on the game field, not to mention pee-wee using the field as well. As you can imagine, the mound in the middle of the field became bare. Pretty much a pile of small rocks and dirt. After each practice and game you would have to dig gravel out of your elbows and knees. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Legend has it that in the late 70's early 80's that the field had so many rocks one Friday night, that the visiting team Portland went out and picked rocks up before the game. Only to have some of the Westmoreland faithful and players go behind them throwing rocks back onto the field in order to have the homefield advantage back. The eagle players supposedly had grown used to the rocks which stuck into their skin on a daily basis but other teams didnt feel so comfortable with the sensation. Thus you have the ROCKPILE. Explain it well enough Termite?