WILSON CENTRAL at LEBANON

AllAmerican10

Big win for the Wildcats. They stay alive for play-offs and finally get the first win at Lebanon's stadium. Congrats to Coach Aric and his assts and players. I said it at the beginning of the season......Lebanon's srs may have been undefeated as freshmen but they didn't keep the numbers out that were needed from that class to carry on the winning tradition. Another tough loss for the Blue Devils. Having depth is huge esp when you have injuries. Brown needs to quit coaching that freshmen team. Hire a staff to do it that are't varsity coaches. Freshmen football is all about having FUN and should NOT be coached like varsity. The lack of of varsity NUMBERS and transfers out to WC and FCS prove it. They didn't even have enough freshment to play our freshmen last yr. I remember Brown tried to cancel the game once we got there. Bartsch made him play it and LHS had to play sophs. We still beat them too. Shouldn't that TELL him something?

How did the Maynard brothers play last night? I went to see Marty U again at BGA instead of this one. Still UNDEFEATED, baby! Never ever thought I would see the day that I would be supporting and cheering on a PRIVATE school! I think the world of Marty Euverard! But then again, never thought I would ever cheer for Riverdale either! I might need therapy?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win for the Wildcats. They stay alive for play-offs and finally get the first win at Lebanon's stadium. Congrats to Coach Aric and his assts and players. I said it at the beginning of the season......Lebanon's srs may have been undefeated as freshmen but they didn't keep the numbers out that were needed from that class to carry on the winning tradition.

Well, there strength was supposed to be the offensive line with 4 starting seniors. That blew up before the season began. They lost 2 seniors to season ending injuries and 1 was playing on a torn ACL through the first two games before finally having season ending surgery. Plus more injuries. Heck, they have had to covert ( I believe) a fullback to play on the line.

Last night I counted 4 on crutches and 2 more dressed in jeans and jersey so that is 6 injured and I think they all are seniors. I pretty sure that 4 of them are at least.

After saying all that they have been in every game except for the Riverdale one.

I know that if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merrier Christmas, BUT if all those injuries had not occurred where would they be sitting?

This was just a tough year for them Devils.

I am sorry for your injuries but I guarantee you that the large number of kids that you had on the undefeated freshmen team aren't still around. Had you had more depth on your lines, you may not have so many walking wounded players. I know.......we experienced multiple injuries at Oakland the last few yrs due to lack of depth. It happens and it hurts....No pun intended.

Good luck to the Devils and hope your players who are out recover 100%.

I am sorry for your injuries but I guarantee you that the large number of kids that you had on the undefeated freshmen team aren't still around. Had you had more depth on your lines, you may not have so many walking wounded players. I know.......we experienced multiple injuries at Oakland the last few yrs due to lack of depth. It happens and it hurts....No pun intended.

Good luck to the Devils and hope your players who are out recover 100%.

I'm sure you are right. I wouldn't know alot about that because I'm not a student and my kids are only 4 and 2 years old (meaning they are not in school) so I don't keep up with alot except from what I hear on the radio. I'm just a fan that loves to go to the games and support the Devils.

Was just listening to the coaches breakfast show on the Lebanon radio station and heard coach Brown say that it is 6 offensive starters out and 3 two way starters are out. They have also had to put defensive linemen on the offensive line.

He said it is now starting to show up (injuries) playing really good defenses like Riverdale and WC.

No war of words here in Wilson County against you 2priceless, you seem to know alot...... But not all the facts. Lebanon still has 23 seniors (probably more seniors than any other school in region 4-5A). There are only 3 starters off of that freshman team that are not still on the team. One went to Friendship Christian due to academic and discipline problems (outside of football). He is now at Wilson Central because he could not cut it at FCS either. The second player not at LHS anymore went to Wilson Central due to his parents moving into the Central zone. We have to go where we are zoned in Wilson County, unlike the open door policy you have in Rutherford county to attend anywhere you want regaurdless of which zone you live in. And the third starter got kicked out of Lebanon due to discipline problems and went to Wilson Central and is no longer at Wilson Central. 6 of those starters from that freshman team are standing on the sideline unable to play due to injuries. You should know from experience, if you don't have a good O'line you aren't going to be successful in any level of football.

As for the varsity staff coaching the freshman: The administration will not let Coach Brown hire anymore coaches. He is given a certain number of coaches that he has to work with, and this year they have less coaches than they have had in the past due to the administration and the lack of interest that they (the administrators) have for athletics. Coach Brown and his staff do work hard, but I think that you can see from above he's not running kids off, how else would he have 23 of those undefeated freshman still on the team. They've been hit by the injury bug in a big way and it is hard for them to continue to compete the way they have the past few years, especially in the region that they are playing in.

We have to go where we are zoned in Wilson County, unlike the open door policy you have in Rutherford county to attend anywhere you want regaurdless of which zone you live in.

This in not accurate. Students may attend Oakland if they enroll in the IB program. Otherwise you pretty much have to go where you are zoned, with limited exceptions (such as a student going to a school where a parent is a teacher). There were some kids attending Blackman a few years ago from out of zone, but not anymore. I know of one Riverdale zoned 8th grader last year (from a family of athletes) who had an older brother attending Blackman and the school board would not let him attend with his brother; he ended up enrolling in the IB program at Oakland.

There were many many players who lived in one zone and played in another. However, that was by using false addresses, renting an apt in the other zone but not residing in it, and some sneaky zone exempts to take classes such as German or landscaping that weren't offered at the other high schools. As for the Oakland IB program....it has just gotten started and you have to have a certain GPA to qualify as well as maintain the standards for it. Not too many of the superior athletes in this county can qualify.

It is not an open zone here, Dbacks.......and it is a LOT better since a certain Riverdale coach left the Boro ranks.

I stand corrected on the number of seniors that Lebanon has this yr. But, there were not enough players on your freshman team last yr to play us last yr. I know b/c I was at that game to witness what happened. Why are so many players quitting or not choosing to play anymore? I think Brown should delegate that frosh team to his assistants if there is a shortage or hiring freeze there. Those players should not have to deal with the varsity head coach for 4 yrs unless thay are that stellar as to be placed on varsity as a freshman. It has to be hard to concentrate on varsity games when you are having to deal with freshman issues and different schemes each week for both. Getting spread too thin is just hard on everyone. Maybe they could get a volunteer coach or ex player to take on that task? It is extremely hard for a head coach to lower standards for the 9th grade level and he shouldn't be expected to. I know OHS had 2 volunteer coaches on the freshman staff last yr who are MTSU students and ex OHS players along with 2 employed coaches from the school. Possibly an issue to take up with the board if MJ and WC have the number of coaches needed to separate staffs for freshmen and Lebanon doesn't? Get the parents to raise cain!

There were many many players who lived in one zone and played in another. However, that was by using false addresses, renting an apt in the other zone but not residing in it, and some sneaky zone exempts to take classes such as German or landscaping that weren't offered at the other high schools. As for the Oakland IB program....it has just gotten started and you have to have a certain GPA to qualify as well as maintain the standards for it. Not too many of the superior athletes in this county can qualify.

It is not an open zone here, Dbacks.......and it is a LOT better since a certain Riverdale coach left the Boro ranks.

I stand corrected on the number of seniors that Lebanon has this yr. But, there were not enough players on your freshman team last yr to play us last yr. I know b/c I was at that game to witness what happened. Why are so many players quitting or not choosing to play anymore? I think Brown should delegate that frosh team to his assistants if there is a shortage or hiring freeze there. Those players should not have to deal with the varsity head coach for 4 yrs unless thay are that stellar as to be placed on varsity as a freshman. It has to be hard to concentrate on varsity games when you are having to deal with freshman issues and different schemes each week for both. Getting spread too thin is just hard on everyone. Maybe they could get a volunteer coach or ex player to take on that task? It is extremely hard for a head coach to lower standards for the 9th grade level and he shouldn't be expected to. I know OHS had 2 volunteer coaches on the freshman staff last yr who are MTSU students and ex OHS players along with 2 employed coaches from the school. Possibly an issue to take up with the board if MJ and WC have the number of coaches needed to separate staffs for freshmen and Lebanon doesn't? Get the parents to raise cain!

With times being so hard some will say the 'football dorms/frat houses' will have to be closed and the 'recruiter positions' will have to be abolished! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

With times being so hard some will say the 'football dorms/frat houses' will have to be closed and the 'recruiter positions' will have to be abolished! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hahhaahha...true true...used to be when you drove by you saw that sign out in front that said No VACANCIES and had to go on the waiting list!