Polk County vs Meigs County

dumdum

This is usually a game with alot of running and hard hitting. Not alot of possessions, turnovers and the places on the field where they take place are crucial. This game will be closer than the experts think. Polk 20 Meigs 14. Meigs is always a tough team to play against at home.

It may not be that close....meigs has 2-3 players out for injuries and last weeks ejection. Shoot should play, that will help. Womac is out for the season with last weeks knee injury.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History says this will be a hard hitting, hard fought game. Polk seems to have an edge this year, due to the growing pains assocatied with a coaching change. I have no doubt Coach Eller will have them back before long. As I have stated before I think this Polk team has something special though, so my prediction is Polk 34 Meigs 00.

Meigs don't have a chance this week polk is faster and will hit harder!! they are in better shape just look at the howard game they kept up with the suppose to be faster team not taking anything away from howard they are a great team. and this limp guy has to be a ex player that thought he had it and din't prove it to the coaches. Coach davis plays who gives the team the best chance to play. anyways poklk wins this one and that will shut up limp. i'll be at the game and can't wait to see that score board at the end with polk on top. like in a previous post meigs has beat us once in the last 7 years!! GO POLK

Wanted to tell all you Polk County fans that the Meigs Co. baseball booster club is having a chili supper starting at 5 oclock before the game. If you want a good meal at a cheap price we would love to have you. The meal is $5 and that includes homemade chili, dessert and a drink and good fellowship.

Wanted to tell all you Polk County fans that the Meigs Co. baseball booster club is having a chili supper starting at 5 oclock before the game. If you want a good meal at a cheap price we would love to have you. The meal is $5 and that includes homemade chili, dessert and a drink and good fellowship.

I say Polk by 2 or 3 TDs.

Meigs don't have a chance this week polk is faster and will hit harder!! they are in better shape just look at the howard game they kept up with the suppose to be faster team not taking anything away from howard they are a great team. and this limp guy has to be a ex player that thought he had it and din't prove it to the coaches. Coach davis plays who gives the team the best chance to play. anyways poklk wins this one and that will shut up limp. i'll be at the game and can't wait to see that score board at the end with polk on top. like in a previous post meigs has beat us once in the last 7 years!! GO POLK

You Polk fans keep saying "how you kept up with Howard".

Yes you guys DID hold them to 40 something rushing yards, but Howard also had 250+ passing yards.

So, I see that as Howard being a faster team?

You Polk fans keep saying "how you kept up with Howard".

Yes you guys DID hold them to 40 something rushing yards, but Howard also had 250+ passing yards.

So, I see that as Howard being a faster team?

My son #27 got more yards rushing by himself than Howard got for the entire team... that says something.

The passing yards mean nothing as far as speed was concerned - the Howard recievers had simply amazing hands and made some hellacious catches. Our guys were right with them, every time.

Anyway - Polk wins Friday.

yeah we kept up with them and like yeehaw said are dbs were right there with them. i saw how the players for polk came off the field after that game and they took it hard because they should have won but shouldv'e don't cut it and they know that. polk is going to be ready to play friday night. yeah we got young guys playing but they are playing at a high level and thats going to help the next 2 seasons. but this team this year is something special and are playing together which hasn't happen alot in the past. this team will be hard to beat for meigs i don't see them beating polk. i'm ready for friday to get here so everyone in meigs see that polk is not the same team they are use to playing against they are faster then years past and still are a very hard hitting team still

i started off just talkin bout how MEIGS was gonna win the game. you guys are just whining because i have the right to get on here and talk about how OVERRATED polk county football is. you guys were first overall in the state with defense until last week. HOWARD put up 28 points. think the whole "we're the best defense in the state thing" had to do with who you were playing at the time. the fact that i keep roping you great polk fans into arguing with me, and i keep you sooooo mad just says how smart you are. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

i started off just talkin bout how MEIGS was gonna win the game. you guys are just whining because i have the right to get on here and talk about how OVERRATED polk county football is. you guys were first overall in the state with defense until last week. HOWARD put up 28 points. think the whole "we're the best defense in the state thing" had to do with who you were playing at the time. the fact that i keep roping you great polk fans into arguing with me, and i keep you sooooo mad just says how smart you are. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Yes granted, Howard put up 28 points but instead of you guys worrying about how many points Howard scored you should worry more about how your going to get past the Zack attack Akins!!!! and the man Mike Hargrove. Let me tell you Meigs fans, yall would be better off saving your six bucks to pay off the dentist bill instead of coming and watching this humiliation show!!! COME ON!!!