Unicoi Co. @ Sullivan Central

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You took my replay in the wrong way. I DON'T have any answers for the ugliness up there. I DO NOT defend it, I am ashamed to even have to be affiliated with it. I am more on your side than you think. Yes, the Cougars are pitiful...have been for some time now. Coach Krantz did NOT hire Coach Nelson though. Coach Nelson was NOT the best choice for the position. I don't think he was ready to take on such a disfunctional program. Key parents wanted a "Nelson". They got it. Until those parents that try to control football move on it will not change. . If you were a middle school football player for Holston or Blountville what is your motiviation to work real hard for Central knowing you are going to get your butts whipped every Friday night?

VOODOO! I've missed ya man. I didn't think it would be long before you gathered up the guts to down the program again!

Well as i read these comments about this i just sit back and laugh....i'll tell you why.

Central football has been good before..i know its a shocker for some on here who read this, but SCOTT /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> is the problem!!!!!!!! Look at his record at central...how many games has he won since he has been there??? Its ONE!!! So dont go blaming the players on here...there's TALENT on this team. Last year we went 1-9 and the year before that 0-10.....you say its not the coaches at central...that's bull and everyone knows it!!!.The reason the parents are in it so much is because the coaching is soo horrible they want to send coach scott packing! I mean the parents thought he was good considering his brother has success at EAST. But we all knew after the past seasons that went down the drain.

All i am saying here is after this central football season they should be looking for a new head coach that's willing to work and build this team. So Coach Nelson better be hanging that "going fishin" on his door cause he wont be back for a long time.

CHS- 9

Unicoi-3

VOODOO! I've missed ya man. I didn't think it would be long before you gathered up the guts to down the program again!

No guts are requied to annialate this program, just good common sense and objectivity. I admire you for putting your neck on the line tomorrow night. I believe you are a good kid (by the way, I know who you are, I'm not picking on players like you, you are a victim of the problems here). I do hope we come out with a win.....I am not optimistic though.

Well as i read these comments about this i just sit back and laugh....i'll tell you why.

Central football has been good before..i know its a shocker for some on here who read this, but SCOTT /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> is the problem!!!!!!!! Look at his record at central...how many games has he won since he has been there??? Its ONE!!! So dont go blaming the players on here...there's TALENT on this team. Last year we went 1-9 and the year before that 0-10.....you say its not the coaches at central...that's bull and everyone knows it!!!.The reason the parents are in it so much is because the coaching is soo horrible they want to send coach scott packing! I mean the parents thought he was good considering his brother has success at EAST. But we all knew after the past seasons that went down the drain.

All i am saying here is after this central football season they should be looking for a new head coach that's willing to work and build this team. So Coach Nelson better be hanging that "going fishin" on his door cause he wont be back for a long time.

CHS- 9

Unicoi-3

They need to do their hiring from more than just a last name....that is just ridiculous. But take alook back to when they wanted Coach Hooks head on a platter. Their record wasn't much better. I am not saying I agreed with how they ousted him. But some of those same parents looking for Nelson's neck were responsible for seeing he got the axe. Well, there you go parents....maybe you provided the bad karma that has kept this program down 2 and a half more years. Let someone else do the hiring, of course your little boys will likely be gone next year and you won't have a dog in that race anymore. But my, haven't you set up an ugly scanrio for the up and coming ones.

No guts are requied to annialate this program, just good common sense and objectivity. I admire you for putting your neck on the line tomorrow night. I believe you are a good kid (by the way, I know who you are, I'm not picking on players like you, you are a victim of the problems here). I do hope we come out with a win.....I am not optimistic though.

Well thank you sir. I'm just tired of excuses, so maybe i need to leave coacht alone. I'd like for everyone to just do their job...but i guess that's the hope of every player on every team across the nation.

it doesn't make sense. in one breath, you say the parents forced the admin. to hire nelson and the next breath you say they never wanted him. which is it?

look at teams like south and others. when the boys come off the field, there is a coach right in their faces telling them what they did wrong and how they can improve for the next series. you need to actually watch the sidelines at a central game. the coaches never even speak to their players during the game. they just sit there like spectators staring at the field and with all those eyes on the field, they still can't manage to make sure there are 11 players out there at all times.

i didn't say he wasn't a good man, but that doesn't make him a good coach. it's not a case of everyone turning on him. a lot thought he wasn't qualified to begin with. he just needed more experience and to develop some better leadership skills before being handed a varsity coaching job. east was looking pretty good there for a while and he got hired on the merits of his brother, not his own.

it doesn't make sense. in one breath, you say the parents forced the admin. to hire nelson and the next breath you say they never wanted him. which is it?

look at teams like south and others. when the boys come off the field, there is a coach right in their faces telling them what they did wrong and how they can improve for the next series. you need to actually watch the sidelines at a central game. the coaches never even speak to their players during the game. they just sit there like spectators staring at the field and with all those eyes on the field, they still can't manage to make sure there are 11 players out there at all times.

The parents contributed in a huge way to Coach Nelson being hired (they had their own agenda), once he got in the position and couldn't wave a magic wand to turn the team around they have turned on him. They did not have the foresight to see that he could not be the saviour of this program. He is in 2 positions he does not need to be in. Head coach and scapegoat. Here is my core belief on this.....Mr. Nelson is a good man, he should have never been placed as a head coach of a program that was already suffering profusely. Give him a middle school team (without parental dictatorship), he may thrive. Central parents need to muffle their complaints and stink up to the fact that we have been a major factor in creating this debacle.