Dyer County High Choctaws....congrats

GottaHaveHeart

I am a little late...but congrats on a great season....made it to state...loss a tough game.....I graduated from there in 1976....played basketball...loss in sub-state...refs :).....anyway.....Can anyone tell me how many returning starters are back from last year team.....heard boys were getting a player from Florida that was 6'9".....Hard to keep up in living in East Tenn.....Keep the Orange and White alive ....:D Still got my basketball jacket, same colors....GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!

The players from last year that will return this year will be Montrelle Crittendon Brian Fisk. The boy that from Florida that you were asking about was 6'11 Dustin Bird. I believe that we will have as great of a season as we had this year. We will also have new incoming and returning players from around the county that will help us acheive the goal of going to state and winning that Gold Ball!!!

WesCharge: you seem to know about DC.....Im in East Tenn so Im not that up-to-date on upcoming talent. So you telling me with Crittendon & Fisk, who both can flat out bring it....don't know that much about Bird, but at 6'11, he gotta be able to do something......with any decent upcoming talent and the few returning which got some playing time last year,you dont think DC should make it back to State....who you think can stop them, definitely nobody in their district is close........? :confused:

Posted by GottaHaveHeart:

WesCharge: you seem to know about DC.....Im in East Tenn so Im not that up-to-date on upcoming talent. So you telling me with Crittendon & Fisk, who both can flat out bring it....don't know that much about Bird, but at 6'11, he gotta be able to do something......with any decent upcoming talent and the few returning which got some playing time last year,you dont think DC should make it back to State....who you think can stop them, definitely nobody in their district is close........? :confused:

DC is the team to beat in their district and probably their region. However Haywood and Fayette-ware loom large in the region. Montrelle and Brian are 2 of the best players in TN. Bird will cause problems defensively and will grab many rebounds and get stick back points. That is enough as brian and montrelle have the gren light. The other forward is solid and will score more than people think and is a decent rebounder. With bird and fisk though rebounds will be hard to come by as those 2 clean the boards well. The point guard is the key. DC will go as far as he can take them. Still young, musch improvedand will get plenty of TLC from Butch. In the substate is where the problem may be for DC to get back to the boro. Ridgeway, Raleigh-Egypt, BTW, etc are waiting and don't be suprised if the game is at the Mid south coliseum again.

Posted by GottaHaveHeart:

Anyone know where the former coach Of DCHS, maybe before Butch took over is at? Is he still coaching? Last I heard, he was coaching in Memphis, at Memphis Melrose (I think). I believe they won it all in early 80's. His name is Terry Tippett. He started DCHS program in right direction in late 70's.....

Tippett is at White Station, and he's won two of the past three AAA state crowns.

Posted by hoopspade:

SLS, i agree that dyer co. has the edge in the district, but i believe westview and obion county will give them a run for their money. Also never count out union city they always have great atheletes. Should be an interesting year in that district.