Ooltewah vs Heritige

VOID70

Wow 425lbs powerclean are you sure that wasn't for squats. I can see that. It is amazing how big and strong kids are these days in high school. I went down and watch Farragut do maxes on bench, powercleans, and spuats and it was amazing to see kids that weigh under 200 lbs benching 275 to 300 lbs, powercleaning 250 to 325 lbs, and squating 350 to 505 lbs. This year Farragut is not as big as they usually are but they are as strong and as fast as any Farragut team has been in a long time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as for writing a big check for malone. your right, im not questioning the talent of jackson it all to put it point blank the kid is darn good, and is the better athlete between the two, but malone plays smart. im sure you all will be suprised.

good luck to both teams

go heritage

Good luck to Malone.. I'll be sure to keep an eye on him when the Govs and the Mountaineers play in a few weeks.

tpoole12

Good luck to both teams

i believe with #36 smith, #34 adams, #67 jackson, #38 burroughs on defense any team will have to go to the air, does heritage have a good passing game ? if ooltewahs offense can get it rollin this is a state championship year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does big #65 crowley return this week?

I've seen Ooltewah play three times this year, and if this is a state championship team then there just isn't that much in the state. Offense has been poor; defense pretty stout. QB overthrows a large number of receivers, and I haven't really seen their running game take off like in years past. They are just not as explosive offensively. In fact, if the offense was as potent as I've seen in years past you might be right.

But I do believe this is a very good football team, and maybe you are right. But they are really going to have to step it up offensively to be state championship calibur.

If you are worried about your pass defense then how can they be a championship team. I watched your game that you lost in on wazoo and yea defense looks pretty good but not much offense. I have seen Farragut play several times this year and the Browning kid looks pretty good and he has about 5 receivers he throws to and the Purty kid looks good a running back. Don't these two teams play next week. That will be a GREAT game to watch. Farraguts defense doesn't look bad either.

I've seen Ooltewah play three times this year, and if this is a state championship team then there just isn't that much in the state. Offense has been poor; defense pretty stout. QB overthrows a large number of receivers, and I haven't really seen their running game take off like in years past. They are just not as explosive offensively. In fact, if the offense was as potent as I've seen in years past you might be right.

But I do believe this is a very good football team, and maybe you are right. But they are really going to have to step it up offensively to be state championship calibur.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We re gonna need alot of work to get ready for the Admirals next week offensively.

a very acurate assessment. O line has got to figure out some things.

a very acurate assessment. O line has got to figure out some things.

O line gotta figure out some things????????????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You gotta be kiddin me!!!!!!! The O line IS NOT the problem, if they do need to figure something out PLEASE let us know, the running game is to good for them to have a problem there. Everybody knows were the problem is AND IT S NOT THE LINE ON OFFENSE OR DEFENSE. GET REAL...... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I agree that our Offensive line is not the problem. We have moved the ball well when keeping it on the ground. Polk is a very good running back but he has not broken tackles as well as Marshall, Caldwell and of course... the master...Flannigan. Flannigan use to shake several guys before he even got started. I think we just need to have more lead blocking form the backfield along with more misdirection play calling. Our line has gotten the job done this season when called on. The problem is our defense is on the field way to much because of change in what is working on offense. A successful air assault will allow our running game to have bigger runs. But until we get that going, we will have to settle for longer drives with shorter run gains. Even Bradley knew they could cover our passing game with only 2 or 3 defenders.

Would love to see more players get a chance, but it is not Monroe's style to give playing time to backups no matter the score as proved last Friday night when I think I counted 3 non-starters getting a chance after being up 31-3 for almost a quarter.

Go Owls!!!