Lancaster Christian (7-0) @ King's Academy (3-3)

LCAKnights2008

LCA travels to King's Academy this Friday for what looks like the toughest battle left on the Knights' schedule. Last year, King's beat LCA 40-24 in a game that was not very close. The Lions jumped out to a 33-0 nothing lead before LCA could get a comeback going. Obviously, LCA has dramtically improved this season and are much more formidable than last season. An interesting note on this game---both teams now run the double wing offense, which should lead to a very physical game.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one or specifically King's Academy? LCA is mostly healthy and on a real roll. The travel, last year's loss and playing at the end of fall break are all concerns for the Knights, though. If LCA executes like they have been so far this season, I think the Knights pull away and win this one 24-10.

I'd like to see this 7-0 team get some more love!

I'm very glad that you are rabid about your team .... BBBBUUUUTTTT .... you aren't yet playing a TSSAA schedule and the schedule you are playing is unbelievably week. I'm sure you guys will be welcomed with open arms come next football season when you join the big boys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm very glad that you are rabid about your team .... BBBBUUUUTTTT .... you aren't yet playing a TSSAA schedule and the schedule you are playing is unbelievably week. I'm sure you guys will be welcomed with open arms come next football season when you join the big boys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey PB & J, I have noticed you hop onto a lot of post regarding LCA. I am guessing you are affiliated with MJCA, but I could be wrong. When LCA scheduled these games two years ago they had 60 kids in their high school. Their coaching staff and players will be up to the task in the tssaa. It will take some time to get things going, (a few big lumps will be absorbed) but I promise you that they will not rest until they are a dominant team in their region. Which is much more than I can say for MJCA and the rest of the tssaa schools they thumped this year. Every school they played this year has been around longer than LCA, except Riverside. Cut them some slack, they are a second year program!!

Who are you a fan of? I have heard through the grapevine that you are VERY closely associated with MJCA. Any truth to that? If so, wouldn't you love for your team to be where LCA is?

Who are you a fan of? I have heard through the grapevine that you are VERY closely associated with MJCA. Any truth to that? If so, wouldn't you love for your team to be where LCA is?

Well, if you count attending church at MJ 1st Baptist as being "VERY closely associated with MJCA" - well then I'm guilty as charged. I have no kids that attend MJCA or will I ever. I do pull for their teams as I know many of the teachers and students from church though. Poor folks, the church/school admins can't seem to get it together. If they just built a real upper school campus and expanded, they would be in a great position to grow tremendously.

However, I am a rabid fan of the MJ Bears. We are young this year, taken a few lumps - but are still undefeated in region play. And I absolutely would NOT love for my team to be where LCA is. In fact, I would hate it very much. Especially, if folks were getting on boards and popping off about a stellar season when their team is far, far from being anything close to stellar.

I will say that I do believe that the LCA coaches are doing it right though. You have to build interest in the program and womping a bunch of lesser teams will definitely bring in some interest. Literally, you two guys are my only real world connections to LCA. My only other recollections are driving to the soccer fields in Smyrna by passing the school building and watching on the news about the school founders kid (or grandkid) putting a whoopin' on some poor kid and not getting punished at all for it.

Well, if you count attending church at MJ 1st Baptist as being "VERY closely associated with MJCA" - well then I'm guilty as charged. I have no kids that attend MJCA or will I ever. I do pull for their teams as I know many of the teachers and students from church though. Poor folks, the church/school admins can't seem to get it together. If they just built a real upper school campus and expanded, they would be in a great position to grow tremendously.

However, I am a rabid fan of the MJ Bears. We are young this year, taken a few lumps - but are still undefeated in region play. And I absolutely would NOT love for my team to be where LCA is. In fact, I would hate it very much. Especially, if folks were getting on boards and popping off about a stellar season when their team is far, far from being anything close to stellar.

I will say that I do believe that the LCA coaches are doing it right though. You have to build interest in the program and womping a bunch of lesser teams will definitely bring in some interest. Literally, you two guys are my only real world connections to LCA. My only other recollections are driving to the soccer fields in Smyrna by passing the school building and watching on the news about the school founders kid (or grandkid) putting a whoopin' on some poor kid and not getting punished at all for it.

Lesser teams?????????????????? We are a"lesser team"!

Lesser teams?????????????????? We are a"lesser team"!

Please see this post from another thread.

LCA is a small private school in Smyrna. We are a second year program playing an independent schedule. We have around 100 kids in our high school. We have 27 players on our team. We do not have a middle school program yet or a JV. We are having a good season, but the competition isn't that great. But, who are we to be playing championship type programs? We are excited about competing in the TSSAA next year. We have a long way to go, but we are in a great location and we are expecting a lot of growth.

We understand that the next couple of seasons could be very rough as we build our program, but you have to start somewhere right? Here are the scores from this season so far. We have very little support from our school. We worked out in a portable storage building for two years. We also had our first practices in the parking lot. Our school doesn' even give money to the program. We are not a rich school, we do not have facilities, we do not have athletes. We do have a bunch of kids that listen and do what they're told. We have worked for everything we have right now.

Mount Juliet Christian 48-19 W

Faith Covenant Christian 9-8 W

Pickett County 38-0 W

David Brainerd Christian 26-7 W

Riverside Christian 35-0 W

Red Boiling Springs 38-6 W

Scottsboro Christian 48-7 W

This post is full of crap and you know it, Paul.

This post is full of crap and you know it, Paul.

Ha! That is rich! You think I'm the coach! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Read back over all of my past posts here on this board. Not just the ones you selectively read on the LCA threads. I'm far from being a coach by any means. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />