DISTRICT 1 AAA 2008-2009

TommyMan37604

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Crockett will be much higher. They play hard plus the BIG transfer won't hurt either. Will only make their zone defense better and now teams will have to guard them both inside and out. Who knows how good they could be. Should be fun to watch.

Tell me more about this transfer. Is she from Unicoi?

Agreed that a big post could be enough to get Crockett off the bottom and perhaps as high as 5th in the district. Not a lot separating the bottom five.

Anyone know of some scrimmages coming up? I would love to go and take in some games before the jamboree in a couple of weeks?

Science Hill played in a playday this past weekend at Walker Valley, saw them play two games, I think they won the first one and lost

to McMinn Central the 2nd one. SH does have some good shooters!

Hate to jump in on ya'll's topic but, We are coming to the Tournament in December, Collierville. Who else is in it and opinion of how good they each are would be nice. Not asking for a scouting report because I can read and see what you think of your teams. They seem impressive. Best of luck to all of you during your seasons. When we play I will be the big guy on the bench..At Tennessee High...Is that the Vicking INV or something. It has been 3 years since we were over there...

Tennessee High scrimmaged Elizabethton and Morristown West tonight.

Did not play well against Betsy and only won by two.

Played better against West and lost by two.

A very good West team will be solid when everyone is healthy.

I went with my sister to watch my niece who plays for Volunteer.

Volunteer, with 2 of their strong players out sick, actually played MW closer than Elizabethton did.

Volunteer made lots of turnovers, mostly bad passes, which I'm sure new coach will work on.

Of course this was preseason scrimmage and hard to tell about any team with lots of subs playing.

Look for a young Volunteer team to pull a couple of upsets this year.

Does anyone have a schedule for the Jamboree yet? Also, where is it being held at this year?

Big 9 Girls Jamboree Set Tuesday at South

TriCitiesSports.com

November 10, 2008

KINGSPORT -- The Big 9 Girls basketball teams will hold Media Night and their basketball jamboree all in one Tuesday at Sullivan South.

Media interviews will Sullivan South and Sullivan East will begin at 5 p.m., with the two-quarter jamboree game between the two set for 5:30 p.m.

David Crockett and Daniel Boone will meet the media at 5:30 and play at 6 p.m., while Science Hill and Volunteer will do media interviews at 6 p.m., and play at 6:45 p.m. They will be followed by Tennessee High and Sullivan Central, who will first do interviews and then play at 7:30 p.m. Dobyns-Bennett will meet with the media at 7:30 and play its exhibition matchup with South at 8:15 p.m.

Admission will be $5 per person for the jamboree.