DISTRICT 1 AAA 2008-2009

TommyMan37604

Crockett is a team that could beat anyone in the league on any given night. They finally have an inside game that compliments a very good player in Murr. Could be a spoiler down the stretch. The league is pretty solid this year. Every team has to bring their A game each time they take the court.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a District 1 AA "homer", but will add some observations as I have seen several of the District 1 AAA teams play. Central looked great against Elizabethton and mediocre against Unicoi Co. Science Hill looked ok in losing to Stone Memorial. I also saw Tennessee High blast Johnson County. Volunteer struggled against Happy Valley and Elizabethton. Crockett lost to Happy Valley. Boone looked way down against Unicoi Co. and Elizabethton. I have not seen South, East, or Dobyns Bennett. Generally speaking, none of the teams I have seen look dominant. I think District 2 AAA is stronger, but here is how I would rank them now.

1. Dobyns-Bennett (Seem to be the consensus pick)

2. Tennessee High (Montgomery can take over a game)

3. Science Hill (Good and company have potential)

4. Sullivan Central (Moody and Blizzard looked good against Elizabethton)

5. Sullivan South (Just guessing here)

6. David Crockett (Murr and Edwards have some firepower)

7. Sullivan East (I have not seen them)

8. Volunteer (Struggling early on)

9. Daniel Boone (No size or offensive punch)

Elizabethton destroyed Crockett tonight 75-47. Elizabethton was clicking on all cylinders offensively and defensively. Crockett had no answer for Pietrowski and Jefferson inside, but the Cyclone guards were also lighting it up. Kiser, Bowling, Fritz, and Powell were shooting lights out from beyond the arc. Point guard Powell had 14 assists and the Cyclone guards held Murr in check all night. I am a District 1 AA "homer", but I believe Elizabethton, South Greene, and maybe Unicoi Co. could be right at the top of the AAA league this year.

Elizabethton destroyed Crockett tonight 75-47. Elizabethton was clicking on all cylinders offensively and defensively. Crockett had no answer for Pietrowski and Jefferson inside, but the Cyclone guards were also lighting it up. Kiser, Bowling, Fritz, and Powell were shooting lights out from beyond the arc. Point guard Powell had 14 assists and the Cyclone guards held Murr in check all night. I am a District 1 AA "homer", but I believe Elizabethton, South Greene, and maybe Unicoi Co. could be right at the top of the AAA league this year.

Right you are. Betsy looked great tonight. Those three 1 AA teams have probably been better the past 5 or 6 years than the top three in 1 AAA. If not, then it is pretty close.

Right you are. Betsy looked great tonight. Those three 1 AA teams have probably been better the past 5 or 6 years than the top three in 1 AAA. If not, then it is pretty close.

Not better than the top three, but but better than just about everyone but the top 3.

Think Crockett struggled in the Happy Valley tournament, compared to their capabilities. Anybody know why Edwards had been out up until then? As she goes, so goes the Lady Pioneers, because she gives them the ability to score without or free up Murr...........

Tell me more about this transfer. Is she from Unicoi?

Agreed that a big post could be enough to get Crockett off the bottom and perhaps as high as 5th in the district. Not a lot separating the bottom five.

WHAT ABOUT INDIAN TRAIL V/S UNICOI COUNTY 8TH GRADE

THE TRANSFER IS FROM UNICOI SHE COULD HAVE HELPED BUT, SHE IS ACCIDENT PRONE . THOSE ANIMALS UH UH I MEAN DEMOCRATS THAT ALL THE WHITE COACHES AND TEACHERS AND REF,S AS WELL ARE SCARED OF . SAD DAY WHEN THE REF,S ARE SCARED TO BLOW A WHISTLE TO KEEP GIRLS FROM FIGHTING . HAD IT BEEN WHITE GIRLS BEATING AND KICKING ON BLACK GIRLS YOU WOULD HAVE THE PAPER FULL OF RACIST OH LORD COULD YOU IMAGINE . PROBABLY HAD JESSIE HIMSELF LEADING A MARCH . GOOD LUCK TO THOSE LITTLE GIRLS I LOVE THEM ALL.

Here we go back to the middle school ranks. Who won? The game, not the fight. (How 'bout CH? After this summer who would have predicted early wins over Vance and Robinson? Coach must be good.)

OT game with TN High and South proves either that TN High is not that good or South is not that bad. Or maybe the TN High coach plays too many girls. I'm afraid as others have posted that 1AAA is a little down and not that much better than 1AA if at all.

Will the real Central team please stand up. And since you are lurking WKK, what's up with SH? No one to replace Jasmine?

THE TRANSFER IS FROM UNICOI SHE COULD HAVE HELPED BUT, SHE IS ACCIDENT PRONE . THOSE ANIMALS UH UH I MEAN DEMOCRATS THAT ALL THE WHITE COACHES AND TEACHERS AND REF,S AS WELL ARE SCARED OF . SAD DAY WHEN THE REF,S ARE SCARED TO BLOW A WHISTLE TO KEEP GIRLS FROM FIGHTING . HAD IT BEEN WHITE GIRLS BEATING AND KICKING ON BLACK GIRLS YOU WOULD HAVE THE PAPER FULL OF RACIST OH LORD COULD YOU IMAGINE . PROBABLY HAD JESSIE HIMSELF LEADING A MARCH . GOOD LUCK TO THOSE LITTLE GIRLS I LOVE THEM ALL.

What on earth is this? I thought Unicoi County had moved beyond the Civil War era, but apparently not everyone has.