Page at Giles County

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it is a shame that the stadium has gotten to this point,and I do not agree with the way the city has

obtained the funds.First there is no grants,then they pass a sales tax to pay for the new stadium,then what do you know?they find the grant!sounds fishy to me.Anyway,Giles should have a great place to play next year if the city doesnt misplace the money that is.

ALL AMERICANS??? I hope you are correct.I didnt know we had any.

Giles is not looking ahead.I admit this has happend IMO in the past, but not so this year.I have not heard Lipscomb

from anyone till now.

Have a safe trip down and if you dont have enough for the bus find that BigCountry guy,he will loan you some

bigfoots. :roflol

yeah its fishy,for what they were going to use to renovate the stadium we could have torn the whole thing down and built a brand new one with grassy turf.but if they didn't pass the sales tax thety would have increased our property tax they were going to get it some how.but i have seen the plans and its pretty nice.new press box with bath rooms,they are getting rid of the track and fence.i heard a new score board.Lipscomb?

HaHa!!!...wealthy as the big wigs at page....what a laugher that one is. Our "Stadium" needs replacing or repaired possibly. Your "pit" needed bulldozing years ago. The state put a gun to your head to get a new one built.

We are really shaking in our boots. I hope we have enough show up to get on the bus to play. You do have more talent, more athletes, more players, more mouthing, more poor sportsmanship, more baloney....yes...you do have more of everything.

I'll take our coach anyday over yours. What's his name....Run it up Rufus?

i don't know how long page has had their stadium but i know sam davis park has been there along time.i remember when they used to have the fair down there.granted it is past due for renovating or a new stadium.but we ought to be THANKFUL for what we go because there is alot of teams that have to share a field or don't have a home field,or just have one section of stands for home and visitors to set on.

i don't know how long page has had their stadium but i know sam davis park has been there along time.i remember when they used to have the fair down there.granted it is past due for renovating or a new stadium.but we ought to be THANKFUL for what we go because there is alot of teams that have to share a field or don't have a home field,or just have one section of stands for home and visitors to set on.

I dont have a problem with what we are doing for the stadium.I just dont like how it came about.

I for one,dont like the fact that our elected office holders think we are dumb and I WILL vote against every

incumbant this time.

Giles wins this one.

It will not be an in between game,it will come down to the wire.......OR ...it will get ugly for Page.

Depends on what Page can do early.If they get a good start look out! If not,starters will be pulled early. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

FYI: the football team has a lot of respect for Pages team and are looking for a good game not a walk in the park-they know your team is not a Montgomery Central.

It looks as though you've got some mouthing yourself, you started the insults by calling our stadium the "pit from h---", water has a way of doing damage that is undetectable until it is too late-most of the damage was internal and could not be seen by just looking at the stadium. By the way it had nothing to do with the state it was the insurance company who said they would no longer cover the stadium in the condition it was in- no insurance, no games. There are other stadiums that need replacing now, Tullahoma is another one that has to be redone so I guess theirs is a pit too right?

I am just glad we don't have to travel to page this year and be treated the way we were treated last year. My family had never been to page before and didn't know were anything was and no one we asked would tell us how to get into the stadium-we walked around until we found it ourselves.

I wish everywhere we played was like Cheatam County-class act-everyone was friendly to us.

Here's the facts: When you find our school, you find our stadium...because they are together out in the middle of nowhere. I think if you were at the school, you could see those tall towers with lights, that would be the football stadium.

You complain about how you got treated and YOU run up the score on us. I must be in the twilight zone.

The football teams have always gotten along over the years. I have a problem with your coach who obviously only cares about winning and don't talk to me about class when you are throwing the ball to try to score again with the game already in hand. There were many years and I mean many years...that Page could have killed Giles but we respected The coach and the team. Some of the bad feelings have come from the Tyler Smith basketball days.

I was not insulting your stadium...I called it what it is........can you say your stadium is anything but a mess?

I dont have a problem with what we are doing for the stadium.I just dont like how it came about.

I for one,dont like the fact that our elected office holders think we are dumb and I WILL vote against every

incumbant this time.

Giles wins this one.

It will not be an in between game,it will come down to the wire.......OR ...it will get ugly for Page.

Depends on what Page can do early.If they get a good start look out! If not,starters will be pulled early. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The only way this game gets out of hand is if Page turns it over a bunch. I guess somehow...during this rainy week, Giles has come up with a new defense....if so that's news....because you haven't shut anyone down yet!!You guys are not known for pulling starters early. However that statement could be geared toward the fact you ARE looking ahead to DL and want to rest your starters.

This is NOT last year!!!!!! You guys are NOT as strong and we are nowhere as bad as last year.

Page can pull this upset. It is perfect timing and like I said, a Page win throws the region into a turmoil.

The only way this game gets out of hand is if Page turns it over a bunch. I guess somehow...during this rainy week, Giles has come up with a new defense....if so that's news....because you haven't shut anyone down yet!!You guys are not known for pulling starters early. However that statement could be geared toward the fact you ARE looking ahead to DL and want to rest your starters.

This is NOT last year!!!!!! You guys are NOT as strong and we are nowhere as bad as last year.

Page can pull this upset. It is perfect timing and like I said, a Page win throws the region into a turmoil.

This is this year!!!!! You guys are better and we are better than last year.

You havent shut anyone down yet!! That statement was just what it was.We are looking ahead to the 4th

quarter of this game.If Page doesnt do something early and Giles gets up early it WILL get ugly.

If the game goes back and forth then it will go to the wire.Sure Page can pull an upset.The region would

get shook up.If Page loses its a fight for the last spot for you.

I dont know of a new def.but it sounds like you have no respect for the one we have. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Here's the facts: When you find our school, you find our stadium...because they are together out in the middle of nowhere. I think if you were at the school, you could see those tall towers with lights, that would be the football stadium.

You complain about how you got treated and YOU run up the score on us. I must be in the twilight zone.

The football teams have always gotten along over the years. I have a problem with your coach who obviously only cares about winning and don't talk to me about class when you are throwing the ball to try to score again with the game already in hand. There were many years and I mean many years...that Page could have killed Giles but we respected The coach and the team. Some of the bad feelings have come from the Tyler Smith basketball days.

I was not insulting your stadium...I called it what it is........can you say your stadium is anything but a mess?

If you read what I said it was that we could not find the entrance to the stadium-how to get in to it-not where it was. As far as running up the score the fans have no control over that and can not be held accountable take it up with the coach-cause I ain't him. I think you just like trying to start things and I will not play along-the fans were rude to us last year and I just hope our fans are not that way to yall this year.

If you read what I said it was that we could not find the entrance to the stadium-how to get in to it-not where it was. As far as running up the score the fans have no control over that and can not be held accountable take it up with the coach-cause I ain't him. I think you just like trying to start things and I will not play along-the fans were rude to us last year and I just hope our fans are not that way to yall this year.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Now those were the days. Great times, even if Page wasn't exactly on top. Outside of Brentwood Academy and Brandan Wright that was the best basketball in Williamson County when Giles came to town in the last 5 or 6 years.