AC Fans, What do you think? (Others opinions invited, also!)

oppressed238

OK, AC fans. What is happening to the team that is supposed to be AC's "most dynamic" in a while? Several of our players have played together since little league. Those of us who have watched them since then know the talent they possess. They have some good additions to their front lines. All fans expecting and anticipating a great year. With the wins in region this year, we will make an appearance in the playoffs. The last two games however, are cause for concern.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get your facts straight, the little boy, and he is not little, is not in Cumberland County. Try White County, if I am not mistaken. If I am, I am sure someone in the know will tell me.

Ill be honest, The boys show no fire or heart , its like they expect it to just come to them. Im not sure if its coaching or not, im sure a new face at AC would be good, after so many years of coaching I would say Coach Kerr is over it, the good old days of kids showing up ready to play are over, have to beg now.But if the boys dont want it then they just dont want it! I think they will finish second and go to the second round of the playoffs, the first round game is just a walk over but it will get tougher the deeper they go!

Ill be honest, The boys show no fire or heart , its like they expect it to just come to them. Im not sure if its coaching or not, im sure a new face at AC would be good, after so many years of coaching I would say Coach Kerr is over it, the good old days of kids showing up ready to play are over, have to beg now.But if the boys dont want it then they just dont want it! I think they will finish second and go to the second round of the playoffs, the first round game is just a walk over but it will get tougher the deeper they go!

Turnovers have not helped AC over the last two weeks. And the offense has seemed to gone to more of a power look instead of spreading them out, like they did last year. But i don't think that has anything to do with it either. They just need to protect the football and get come confidence back.

OK, AC fans. What is happening to the team that is supposed to be AC's "most dynamic" in a while? Several of our players have played together since little league. Those of us who have watched them since then know the talent they possess. They have some good additions to their front lines. All fans expecting and anticipating a great year. With the wins in region this year, we will make an appearance in the playoffs. The last two games however, are cause for concern.

Should win out from here. So they will go 8-2. First round win is practically a given. After that, who knows? I still think this is a very solid group!

I was at the game Friday night. Longmire is an excellant quarterback, but his protection on the front line has got to be better. You get him out of the pocket and he cannot find his receivers. Any kind of rush on him and he self-destructs. He most certainly is a gamer. The defense, is a different story. I believe that I could run thru the holes in the defense. I believe that this is the most important thing that needs to be addressed. My observation only.

The good news is that AC has not been beaten yet this year, their looses are due to them beating themselves. Catholic beat them with 21 points off 3 turnovers. By the way hats off to Catholic who is the best disiplined team in the region if not the state. Powell beat AC due to the kids being over confident and thinking they had the game won before they got off the bus. Now AC has to find a way to get some confidence back and salvage this season. A win Friday, against a team they haven't beat in a long time, and winning out wll give them a 2 seed and home game in the first round of the playoffs. Lose Friday, and the best case scenerio is a 4 seed and going to play at 13A in the first round. The level of talent on this team is incredible and the best in the region. The fire that beat a tough Clinton team in week one and a decent Kingston team on the road is gone. Can the kids get it back? We will soon see. As far as the coaching coments go, they are doing the best they can and I support them. With that said I would like to see an offensive gameplan start and finish a game. It seems like the coaches cant figure out what to do if anything goes wrong. Mix up the play calling, throw it with confidence to open up the run. This team does not have the abilty to dominate a game by running it all game, despite the abilty of their backs. Go Mavs!!!

The good news is that AC has not been beaten yet this year, their looses are due to them beating themselves. Catholic beat them with 21 points off 3 turnovers. By the way hats off to Catholic who is the best disiplined team in the region if not the state. Powell beat AC due to the kids being over confident and thinking they had the game won before they got off the bus. Now AC has to find a way to get some confidence back and salvage this season. A win Friday, against a team they haven't beat in a long time, and winning out wll give them a 2 seed and home game in the first round of the playoffs. Lose Friday, and the best case scenerio is a 4 seed and going to play at 13A in the first round. The level of talent on this team is incredible and the best in the region. The fire that beat a tough Clinton team in week one and a decent Kingston team on the road is gone. Can the kids get it back? We will soon see. As far as the coaching coments go, they are doing the best they can and I support them. With that said I would like to see an offensive gameplan start and finish a game. It seems like the coaches cant figure out what to do if anything goes wrong. Mix up the play calling, throw it with confidence to open up the run. This team does not have the abilty to dominate a game by running it all game, despite the abilty of their backs. Go Mavs!!!

I agree, MavFan. I must say, after reading the Hoskins Player of the Week nominations in the Clinton Courier this week, I have lost a lot of respect for Coach Kerr. Coach Kerr must keep it real, if his players are going to respect him and play hard. That means, if a good player messes up, help him correct his mistakes. Don't reward him with something he does not deserve. He (Coach Kerr) looks foolish. The other players feel resentful. This resentment "plays out" on the field on friday nights. These type of actions don't do anything to build anyone's confidence on the team. This is a very talented football team. They have yet to find their identity. Time is running out.

To be honest with you i think that they have an issue with getting over hyped for games... take their whole attitude into the picture. Some guys bash each other on the field and some were even laughing after the loss last week to a very impressive catholic team. The D didn't make any adjustments the whole game if they did it certainly didn't look like it cause catholic pilled up over 300 yards rushing on AC it seems like a much different team than i saw last year. They are very talented but they have to play smart and as a team if they want to win tonight should be interesting to see how they bounce back but im ready for the playoffs and id love to see them play the irish again and see if they can stop the ground game of catholic. And also not to mention that they, AC, looked tired in the 2nd quarter! conditioning is very important especially if yor going to hang with the big boys in the playoffs... I wanna see some improvement out of the Mavs it should be very interesting.

I was at the game Friday night. Longmire is an excellant quarterback, but his protection on the front line has got to be better. You get him out of the pocket and he cannot find his receivers. Any kind of rush on him and he self-destructs. He most certainly is a gamer. The defense, is a different story. I believe that I could run thru the holes in the defense. I believe that this is the most important thing that needs to be addressed. My observation only.

In the lines defense, there's a window in which the quarterback must get rid of the ball. I don't care how good your line is, the quarterback cannot expect them to hold the defense forever. AC's defense is in a lot better shape than the offense for now. Both can use some improvement. I will say this. Sometimes discipline from the head coach goes a long way. If the quarterback can't hold onto the ball or throws interceptions, then a little competition from the ranks should be in order. Receivers open mid and down field indicate to me the quarterback has no field vision, especially when it happens repeatedly and the quarterback choses to tuck and run instead of finding the open receiver. It's not a good thing when the quarterback has more touches on the ball than the backs and receivers totaled. Don't reward a player with the honor of "Player of the Week" in the Clinton Courier when his turnovers are the exact number of touchdowns the other team beats you by. Again, It's called DISCIPLINE.