Week 7 big games in Memphis

kwc

Ridgeway played well. Credit should be given to their kids and coaching staff. But, much like in the game with Craigmont, It was clear that Millington was the better team. With such a young team (Millington has over 20 plus sophmores on the roster), Millington has struggled to stay focused on each and every play. It looked as though they were very lethargic to start the game, especially on defense. Ridgeway's first play from scrimmage was a 80 yard TD pass that should have been picked off.

In the grand scheme of things It was nice to see Millington tested before the fast approaching playoffs. Hopefully this will help the team stay focused on each and every play regardless of the opponent.

Go Trojans!

Millington looks vulnerable this year, much moreso than they ever did last year....They'd better get it together, soon, if they have designs on return trip to the Semi's (and beyond).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millington looks vulnerable this year, much moreso than they ever did last year....They'd better get it together, soon, if they have designs on return trip to the Semi's (and beyond).

I totally agree. But, by the same token, Whitehaven doesn't seem to be near the team that they were last year as well. I think that both Millington and Whitehaven are going through growing pains. But, It is awful nice to experience these pains while winning. Of the three remaining regular season games for Millington they will be potenitally pushed in two of them. Regardless of record, Bolton will give Millington a battle. They did last year. Cordova will be sky high for the season finale at their place. Millington cannot come into that one un-focused. If they do, then they will leave with a loss. The senior leaders have to demand this focus from the underclassmen during the week in practice. You play on Friday night the way to your Practice during the week.

Here's a question.... Is there a more Dynamic player in the State than Tausean Holmes???

Go Trojans!

No 28 is Artaveous Gibson. He is 6-1 210 and only a soph. At end of last season he was our best back. Every school in the south SEC, CUSA, ACC are all over him. Finished 3rd in the state in the 400. Most of all is an excellent student.

A Sophomore! Wow--you've GOT to be kidding me!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galilee, he's a very special RB. It's great to hear that's he's equally outstanding in the classroom.

It's easy to see why all those major schools are drooling over him!

Artaveouos reminds me of South Panola's outstanding Junior RB, Nicholas Parker. These two guys are eerily similar to one another, all the way from their physical stature, running style and breakaway speed. Parker has been averaging nearly 200 yards per game. I suspect that Gipson has a very healthy average, himself.

Mitchell's coaching staff has to be absolutely giddy, over having Gipson around for another 2 years! As a fan, I sure look forward to watching him run the ball.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note:

Galilee, Mitchell's band performed magnificently last night @ CBHS! I know you'll be very proud to hear that they represented Mitchell High School with tremendous dignity and class. They absolutely shattered the all the stereotypes that many people assign to "urban" bands. In fact, they received a standing ovation from the CBHS fans, upon the conclusion of their elegant half-time performance.... Their uniforms were very (to use my wife's description) "beautiful," also.

Galilee, you might be gone from Mitchell but, rest assured, they are clearly working very hard to maintain your high standards of excellence.

I totally agree. But, by the same token, Whitehaven doesn't seem to be near the team that they were last year as well. I think that both Millington and Whitehaven are going through growing pains. But, It is awful nice to experience these pains while winning. Of the three remaining regular season games for Millington they will be potenitally pushed in two of them. Regardless of record, Bolton will give Millington a battle. They did last year. Cordova will be sky high for the season finale at their place. Millington cannot come into that one un-focused. If they do, then they will leave with a loss. The senior leaders have to demand this focus from the underclassmen during the week in practice. You play on Friday night the way to your Practice during the week.

Here's a question.... Is there a more Dynamic player in the State than Tausean Holmes???

Go Trojans!

You're partially correct about Whitehaven. Their defense is just as stout as last year. Their offense, however, is where they lost about 2 steps, IMO. They're nowhere near as explosive, and their passing game is below average.

As for Millington's upcoming games...It's gonna' be a time for Millington to prove their mettle. Future opponents are starting to sense blood. They're starting to believe...

As for Tausean Holmes....Well, I haven't seen all the Stat'e top skilled players, but his mindboggling stats make it hard to argue against him being the most dynamic.

also the millington qb should be changed to the no longer suspended Hunter White.

Bragg is okay but he dosent audible.

You have to be kidding, right?. Santerio Bragg is a senior that has waited his turn. He is now 7-0 as a starter and does a good job of protecting the football. Should Bragg get hurt, I am not sure that White would be even #2 on the depth chart. I think that the Trojans would turn to sophmore Mario Harwell who adds a different dynamic to the QB position. You have to account for him running the ball.

Go Trojans!

TraderB you are correct, I am very proud. Being a Mitchell graduate and loving the community so much, it was very hard for me to leave. I still shed a few tears every now and then. My time at Mitchell was truly a blessing. In 11 years we went from the laughing stock of the city to one of the top 3 overall programs. It was a lot of hard work and the biggest challenge was changing the attitude of the athletes. Out of all our accomplishments and titles, I get great satisfaction out of the 60 athletes to receive scholarships. I mhope we advance to the 3rd round of the playoffs so I can catch a game during Thanksgiving.

You have to be kidding, right?. Santerio Bragg is a senior that has waited his turn. He is now 7-0 as a starter and does a good job of protecting the football. Should Bragg get hurt, I am not sure that White would be even #2 on the depth chart. I think that the Trojans would turn to sophmore Mario Harwell who adds a different dynamic to the QB position. You have to account for him running the ball.

Go Trojans!

Have you ever seen White play?

My guess is no.

He is much more of a threat in the passing game than either Santerio or Mario.

Mario is good and will be great when he gets his chance, but White would still start before him.

The only reason he hasnt played is because he got into an ordeal with the freshmen coach and it wasnt even his fault.

Dou, I must tell you--Given Millington's sub-par performance vs a weak Ridgeway team, Cordova suddenly doesn't look to be such a big an underdog to Millington anymore!

As a matter of fact, Cordova is probably now chomping at the bit (& more confident than ever) to get its crack at dethroning Millington, for the Region 7 crown.

week 10

Go Trojans!

bragg is the man right now as u said he is 7 and 0, but do not discredit white, he is a super talent i have seen him since he was a seventh grader, and i dont believe there is a better passer in west tn. lets not start discreting eithier of these kids.