Week 7 big games in Memphis

kwc

You Millington fans are great. Yeras of not making the playoffs and early exits, but you forget about all of that after a couple of really good years. You have had a couple of good seasons and now you think you have been a state power for years. Nice job last season, great football season followed by not one football signing a scholarship--pretty much as usual. Way to take care of your kids after theie careers are over. You did have three football players sign basketball scholarships so at least someoen is looking out for the kids.

It's awful hard to take someone serious that goes by the screename "escaladedriver32". With that being said, I can't believe that I am responding to your series of posts. Millington has indeed put their far share of athletes into College. It doesn't happen every year and as Cam6 said, Some of that blame has to fall on the players as well. A number of the seniors off of last years team are now playing in college. Eric Knowlton, Derenik Culbreath, Derron Maclin, to name a few. Travis Simpson will play college football as soon as his grades are in order.

I hope that Cordova keeps winning this year. I would love nothing more than to see Millington spank an undefeated Cordova team before heading into playoffs. Maybe more than a handful of Cordova fans will show up for that game. The last few times Millington has played at Cordova there has been more Cordova players on the sideline than Cordova Fans in the stands.

Go Trojans!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TraderB isn't a Millington fan escaladedriver32. If I remember correctly, TraderB is a Collierville guy. He's like me in this regard ... we keep up with football in Memphis and the surrounding areas. If he thinks Cordova is a fraud ... it's not because he's a Millington fan ... its because that's his opinion of them. I will add this ... any Memphis area team that makes it out of the playoffs ... like me, he is in full support.

Thank you, Kwc.... You are correct on all points.

Mitchell plays CBHS this Friday. It's the Whitehaven vs Houston game that is on Thursday.

Thanks, kwc.

CoachT's schedule shows these two game-nites, reversed. This (apparent) error confused me:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thu Oct. 9 ....... Mitchell at CBHS"

"Fri Oct 10 ......... Houston vs Whitehaven"

Thanks, kwc.

CoachT's schedule shows these two game-nites, reversed. This (apparent) error confused me:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thu Oct. 9 ....... Mitchell at CBHS"

"Fri Oct 10 ......... Houston vs Whitehaven"

TSSAA's website has Whitehaven's game on the wrong night as well under both the 5A schedule category and under the scoreboard feature. They have CBHS's schedule correct however. I think I read on the Whitehaven Alumni website something about the game being moved to Thur. night for some reason that escapes me now. But according to th WHS Alum website ... it is definately this Thurs.

http://whitehavenalumni.ning.com/

I did not want to go here but you have crossed the line. I would expect such a statement from someone with the name Escaladedriver. You are correct that the players from millington have not fared well on their move to college but it is not due to the staff and administration not doing what they are suppose to due. These kids come into the high school set to fail because the system has pushed them through instead of making them due what is required. As far as last years Seniors there are four kids on college rosters this year (3 redshirting) and one playing JUCo in MS. The only three that could not qualify was Simpson, Freyerson, Justice and that was due to ACT scores. Justice is the only football player playing Basketball(JUCO). Let not make statements about players when we don't know what we are talking about.

Lets take a look at you other statement about football Now:

1998-2007 (Last 10 seasons)

1998 Millington playoffs 1st rnd loss

1999 Millington playoffs 2nd rnd loss (Cordova Junior Class No Playoffs)

2000 Millington playoffs 1st rnd loss (Cordova 1st Senior Class Semifinals good job)

2001 Millington playoffs 1st rnd loss (Cordova No Playoffs way to follow up a semifinal run)

2002 Mill No Playoffs (Cordova No Playoffs)

2003 Mill playoffs 2nd rnd loss (Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2004 Mill playoffs 1st rnd loss ( Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2005 Mill playoffs 2nd rnd loss (Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2006 Mill playoffs 1st rnd loss (Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2007 Mill playoffs Semifinals ( Cordova No Playoffs)

2008 We will see????????

In 10 season i see Millington 15 playoff games 6 wins & Cordova 8 games 3 wins

both team making a run to the Semifinals

Looks like Cordova had early exist also

Maybe they did not all go to college but i was there from 2000, and outside of last year there has not been very many college level players go through that program. The ones that missed their chance was due to grades and they were given every opportunity to succeed and they did not get it done. ALL THOSE players that took care of there studies got their chance and continued playing.

Our players don't have private tutors and in some cases parents to help them outside of school, much less automobiles (ESCALADES!)

Please keep your pampered comments to yourself until you have facts to support your slander.

If you are a Cordova Fan keep winning and we will see you WEEK 10 ON YOUR FIELD.

I know that one of Millingtons parents called the Cordova staff and asked for their help since the millington coaches weren't doing much for her son and that she said noticed that every year Cordova had 10 or 12 kids sign football scholarships. I know this because she got the head coaches number from me. I also know that another football player got zero help for football, but managed to sign at NEMCC for basketball after the Cordova coaches called on his behalf. Sounds like you are feeling guilty, you must be a coach . Again, the point is that NEITHER Cordova or millington is consider a state power, but for some reason millington fans like to believe that the recent success is par for the course and it is not, not by a long shot.

I'm still wondering why everyone has some much dislike for Cordova. Private tutors? You obviously haven't been around the Dirty 'Dova lately, there aren't many cars in the parking lot and there certainly is not an abundance of money in the school. If anything Millington and Cordova or more similar than most other county and city schools.

I know that one of Millingtons parents called the Cordova staff and asked for their help since the millington coaches weren't doing much for her son and that she said noticed that every year Cordova had 10 or 12 kids sign football scholarships. I know this because she got the head coaches number from me. I also know that another football player got zero help for football, but managed to sign at NEMCC for basketball after the Cordova coaches called on his behalf. Sounds like you are feeling guilty, you must be a coach . Again, the point is that NEITHER Cordova or millington is consider a state power, but for some reason millington fans like to believe that the recent success is par for the course and it is not, not by a long shot.

I'm still wondering why everyone has some much dislike for Cordova. Private tutors? You obviously haven't been around the Dirty 'Dova lately, there aren't many cars in the parking lot and there certainly is not an abundance of money in the school. If anything Millington and Cordova or more similar than most other county and city schools.

Cordova did make the playoff in 2007 because they beat Bartlett head to head and because of the Bolton situation.

Cordova did make the playoff in 2007 because they beat Bartlett head to head and because of the Bolton situation.

I do not recall seeing anyone on any post saying Millington is a powerhouse. They have had a solid program over the last ten years but not enough to make a deep run until last year and then came up short. I don't think anyone has a dislike for cordova either and as a 7-5A fan we need more teams to be good because 8-5A is typically stronger so i want Cordova to have a good year. I see Millington fans talking up this years team as other schools do which is what this site is much about.

I know a little about the Cordova program and 10-12 kids signing every year sure has gone unnoticed by the media. I am sure that if one school had that many players signing every year it would be int the news and Just didn't see it. Furthermore, if that statement is true what does that say about your program and your coaching that you have that many college players and cannot produce any better results over the past few years.

As far as the player you referred to about going to you and the Cordova Staff for help to get into college. We both know who you are refferring to and he left us after his sophmore year and went to Cordova and then returned to millington for his Senior year. There was not the best relationship with the head coach in that situation. I am sure you have seen that transcript..... Oh, and what about that ACT score....... Those two things had a little something to do with him not getting into school and ending up in a JuCo.

As far as successful, neither have a state championship so if you want to compare programs go back to the 10 seasons previously mentioned and do the simple math and see who was more successful. Who has the most wins? Who has the most playoff appearances? Who has the most playoff wins? Who has the most wins head-to-head? I think you will find millington has been the better program since you guy have been a school.

I am not a coach just well informed

It's week 7 this week and these are the big games in Memphis in my opinion:

Whitehaven (8-5A) vs Houston (8-5A): Thursday, Oct 9 @ Whitehaven

It's game day BABY! The weather is good ... it's Homecoming! ... can you tell that i'm excited!

GO WHITEHAVEN!

Beat those Houston Mustangs!