UC vs. SF

Switchhitter

Union City averages a little over 400 YPG rushing....They average 81 YPG passing....

South Fulton allows around 205 YPG rushing and over 80 YPG passing(152 to Greenfield)....They allowed 361 yards rushing to Fulton City,Ky and 220 to Fulton County,Ky...The Red Devils rush for around 275 YPG and pass for around 50 YPG...

Union City is allowing only 68 YPG rushing.....Their weak point has been against the pass...They have allowed 162 YPG game passing and have allowed over 100 yards in five of their six games...The Tornado pass rush has really come on the last two games...They got to the OC Rebel QB 4 times and the Bruceton QB 9 times...

UC has seen RB's as good as Avent(Griggs-Westview and Bowden-McKenzie) for SF but SF hasn't seen anything like what they will see with Speed...He has 832 yards rushing with 13 TD's and is 18-29 for 483 yards with 3 TD's....

Someone touched on something saying UC has been here before....They have been in the playoffs the last three years making it all the way to Murfreesboro in 2005 before losing to Trousdale County in the State Championship....If I remember correctly Speed started and played in that game as a freshman...This is all new to the Red Devils...But don't ever discount a team playing with confidence..They have that and will have a totally jam packed stadium to play in front of...

Still though...The Red Devils would have to be the underdog....UC has beaten South Fulton 48-0('05),41-20('06) and 47-12('07)...Doesn't mean alot for this year because SF has a new coach and a new attitude..But so does Union City...I picked on the other thread on this game UC-34 SF-16....I'll stick with that...

GO TORNADOES!!!!

They allowed 53 yards rushing against Greenfield.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, what was witnessed in Troy?

Hummmm!! I believe Union City more than doubled everything that Obion had to offer from the score, the stats and more.

I guess now you are jumping on the S F wagon

Good Luck!!

Union City 42 South Fulton 12

South Fulton scores late on UC third team.

We do not have a third team...not enough players. We have a 1st and some of a second string.

Wish we did and time will only show that we will.

Thanks

This is not for the regional championship.....I think that there are some people getting ahead of themselves here. There's still a lot of football to play before we start talking about playing for the regional championship.

UC....21

SF.....12

I kinda agree. I do not think Union City will blow S F out. I think down the stretch, we will pull away with the games we have had. I think this game will be a little closer than most are giving S F credit for.

Union City 35

South Fulton 20

Um, cheap shot by OC's #54 (Hopper) that got him thrown out of the game when he punched Speed while he was on the ground after the whistle had blown.

Amen!! You talkin about very "unclass" deal. If the Rebels plan on getting their program back on the right track, this is NOT one of the way to do so. The coach had alot to do with what #54 was doing, if he didn't and was afraid he might get a flag, then the caoch would have stopped that right off the bat.

Another reason for the Rebels getting hammered all year long.

Look, yes, the Rebels might be score more T D's but so are the other teams and the other teams 2nd and 3rd strings are in while the Rebels mains stringer are still playing.

Your statement is very true though!!

I think that UC will need every one of those 81 yards passing. I think that they will be forced to pass. We are a whole lot better on defense than we were when we played Fulton City and Aaron Wilson was/is every bit the ball carrier that Speed is. This will be a lot better ball game than some of you think.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you DB...UC will not run on us the way they think they will...but I hope they try...if they do the game will be close

Hummmm!! I believe Union City more than doubled everything that Obion had to offer from the score, the stats and more.

I guess now you are jumping on the S F wagon

Good Luck!!

We do not have a third team...not enough players. We have a 1st and some of a second string.

Wish we did and time will only show that we will.

Thanks

I don't jump on bandwagons, and I don't wear "homer" glasses when I post, unlike some here.

Amen!! You talkin about very "unclass" deal. If the Rebels plan on getting their program back on the right track, this is NOT one of the way to do so. The coach had alot to do with what #54 was doing, if he didn't and was afraid he might get a flag, then the caoch would have stopped that right off the bat.

Another reason for the Rebels getting hammered all year long.

Look, yes, the Rebels might be score more T D's but so are the other teams and the other teams 2nd and 3rd strings are in while the Rebels mains stringer are still playing.

Your statement is very true though!!

"Unclass"? Whatever your "homer" glasses tell you. Yep, kid got a personal foul for hitting the kid. Now if you want to relate that to a coach telling him to, you are a joke. The hits the kid took early in the game were legal. You run an option offense, including the veer, your QB is considered a running back and gets hit just like the S-backs. And I've read your reasons for OC "getting hammered", you have no idea about Rebel football. Take some courses from P&G on rules, he knows them. Better yet, go tell Hopper's dad his kid has no class! ha

Not one to jump on any bandwagon, but hope to see South Fulton continue there success by beating the UC team, not the has beens or never was poster crew.