UC vs. SF

Switchhitter

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes yall are good but i say we are better in a fair game called and i probally know more about football than u ever will

At least I know that punching an opposing player will get you booted (if you get caught!) Could have been a riot if the refs would have neglected that one. Oh yea, this coming from the guy that thought OC and UC were in the same division! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You sir, are a Silly-Goose!

Union City averages a little over 400 YPG rushing....They average 81 YPG passing....

South Fulton allows around 205 YPG rushing and over 80 YPG passing(152 to Greenfield)....They allowed 361 yards rushing to Fulton City,Ky and 220 to Fulton County,Ky...The Red Devils rush for around 275 YPG and pass for around 50 YPG...

Union City is allowing only 68 YPG rushing.....Their weak point has been against the pass...They have allowed 162 YPG game passing and have allowed over 100 yards in five of their six games...The Tornado pass rush has really come on the last two games...They got to the OC Rebel QB 4 times and the Bruceton QB 9 times...

UC has seen RB's as good as Avent(Griggs-Westview and Bowden-McKenzie) for SF but SF hasn't seen anything like what they will see with Speed...He has 832 yards rushing with 13 TD's and is 18-29 for 483 yards with 3 TD's....

Someone touched on something saying UC has been here before....They have been in the playoffs the last three years making it all the way to Murfreesboro in 2005 before losing to Trousdale County in the State Championship....If I remember correctly Speed started and played in that game as a freshman...This is all new to the Red Devils...But don't ever discount a team playing with confidence..They have that and will have a totally jam packed stadium to play in front of...

Still though...The Red Devils would have to be the underdog....UC has beaten South Fulton 48-0('05),41-20('06) and 47-12('07)...Doesn't mean alot for this year because SF has a new coach and a new attitude..But so does Union City...I picked on the other thread on this game UC-34 SF-16....I'll stick with that...

GO TORNADOES!!!!

Not really as bad against the pass as it looks..at least against other teams..Remember..Lake Co is responsible for close to 500 yards of that..So..take the Lake Co game out of the picture and it doesn't look as bad..And I doubt any Single A teams are going to throw as much either!

I have seen both teams play. South Fulton is much improved and will probably be third when the dust clears but will never stop Union City or McKenzie. Not to down SF they are still a long way from where they were last year. They are looking like the South Fulton of a few years ago.

McKenzie and Union City are basically really good 2A programs that fell into a gold mine at 1A in the last classification, of course they go back in reclassification as far a playoffs next year. It will make it more interesting for future.

Region probably finishes:

1. Union City

2. McKenzie

3. South Fulton

4. Lake County

5. Gleason

6. West Carroll

7. Bruceton

Monsterman..Not saying Lake Co will beat South Fulton..but Lake has 3 common opponents...Union City..West Carrol and Bruceton..Beat Bruceton and West Carrol by much larger scores and scored at will against U.C...And remember..A lot of games are about match-ups..South Fulton is supposedely good against the run..something that U.C. does very well...From what I read..struggle against the pass..That's what Lake Co does well..But the running game isn't too bad either..And can score on any one play..Speed kills..Just hope it's a dry field!

Good post, I agree. Only you left Greenfield out of the mix. Looks like Greenfield is playing for the #4 spot. The Lake County/Greenfield game should clear that one up unless Lake County wins then Gleason is back in the mix. Then there's a 3way tie again for the 4 spot barring no other upsets.

First of all..Lake Co-South Fulton will tell a lot..If Lake Co loses..probably staying home..If South Fulton loses...maybe the same..because then they would have to beat either McKenzie or Gleason and that will be a tough chore..Not saying they won't or can't..And if Lake Co runs the table..And Lake Co can score points..could still finish as high as 2nd..So..a lot of football still to be played!

Congratulations to Union City. We knew beating you all was a long shot. Colton Speed is an excellent athlete. To whoever is bragging about this UC team being better than the 05-06, I sure don't see it. Maybe this year's team is better coached...but that 05 team was tremendous.

I was very proud of our guys tonight. The game was a little closer than the score reflects. Time to circle the wagons and get ready for Lake County.

I Never Seen The South Fulton Stand So Full. there Was People In Wheelchairs, Walking Canes, heck Probably Some Stretchers As Well. They Emptied The Town Out. IMO South Fulton Used The Pass To Get to The Redzone And Then Opted For The Run To Score. That Was Thier Undoing. And Busted Coverages Led To Union Cities Win. But The Game Was Much Closer Than The Score.