Jeff Co VS Toppers

HULK123

How will the boys in blue do?

The toppers are a very good football team I saw them play against M-West. I know that coach Anderson will get the boys ready to play, but they need to step up and make the play. If Jeff Co turns it over Science Hill wins 28-0 if they don't 21-14 Science Hill wins regardless. Sorry gut but you will get them to be winners just stay the path.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m not sure anyone knows how the boys in the blue will do. The 3 games are must wins, so I would hope we'll see a fired up, back against the wall team willing to do whatever it takes to win.

We`ll see

"willing to do whatever it takes to win"......We've seen that in the DB game and it didn't turn out to well for you did it.

I've heard that the Jeff Co. are the "bullies" of the big east, meaning they play extremely dirty. SOmething i know the toppers will not put up with. The toppers suffered a big loss in losing junior starting wide reciever and corner Wes Forbush. But they have enough depth to hold on. Look for Junior Seth Franklin, Senior Michael Fernando, and Sophmore Gannon Glaspie to step up and fill Wes' shoes at reciever, where as Corey Mcpherson will take over the starting corner spot. The toppers are upset after a loss to a bearden team that they were fully capable of beating. Look for them to come out with a fire and not let up.

What does Jeff County have?

I've heard that the Jeff Co. are the "bullies" of the big east, meaning they play extremely dirty. SOmething i know the toppers will not put up with. The toppers suffered a big loss in losing junior starting wide reciever and corner Wes Forbush. But they have enough depth to hold on. Look for Junior Seth Franklin, Senior Michael Fernando, and Sophmore Gannon Glaspie to step up and fill Wes' shoes at reciever, where as Corey Mcpherson will take over the starting corner spot. The toppers are upset after a loss to a bearden team that they were fully capable of beating. Look for them to come out with a fire and not let up.

Thugerson Co. is loaded with a bunch of dirty players.Get ready for a smack down with a bunch of thugs.Thought I would never catch myself pulling for Gilligan and the Hill but pour it on HillToppers. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Other than the cry babies from DB who have you heard from that JC plays dirty?

Thugerson Co. is loaded with a bunch of dirty players.Get ready for a smack down with a bunch of thugs.Thought I would never catch myself pulling for Gilligan and the Hill but pour it on HillToppers. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey may, I'll pull for DB if they're not playing us. They're the best team in the conference, the best team in East TN, and a good measuring stick for us. I hope that they are 9-0 every year when we play them, like Charlie Weis hopes USC is undefeated every time they play Notre Dame. I've seen what happened at DB a couple weeks ago, and while there were issues from both sides, JC had some questionable tactics and I'll leave that topic at that.

SH is 4-2, close to where most of us thought they'd be this season. The difference in their wins and losses is simple: we can't stop the run. We can slow it down occasionally, but won't stop it completely. Taylor Fletcher had 196 yds on the ground when we lost to South, and I didn't see Devrin Young's official stats, but he ripped off some long gains against the Toppers last week when they lost to Bearden. This game hinges on whether or not we can stop the run. JC has some big boys up front, and decent speed in the backfield, they just don't have the depth of some other teams. I will say one thing though: we'll score with JC, no doubt about it. Even losing two key skill players, we've got alot of speed to work with and IMO a speed advantage. SH is going to come to play because they've got something to play for this year and they're still in the mix for a playoff bid.

Jeff County, from my playing experience, is a physical team that battles and dogfights to get their win. They could have the physical advantage. Any Toppers looking at this: HIT SOMEBODY IN THE MOUTH FRIDAY!!

How Isaac keeps his head on in this game could determine a win or a loss. He's a good kid and a great athlete, but sometimes he'll lose his temper. Playing both ways and special teams, there are going to be a few plays after the whistle for him, as in every game, but the key for him is not to retaliate. Isaac is a level headed kid who will occasionally get mixed up in some extracurricular activity on the field if someone pushes him to it. We can't afford to be giving away easy 1st downs on personal fouls on defense and backing up on offense due to personal fouls. We are at our best when Coach Smith can put the ball into Isaac's hands and say '' make a play''. We can't do that on 1st and 25, 2nd and 20, 3rd and 30, that sort of thing. Our defense is the same way, an aggressive, energetic unit that will hit with you and mix it up if something occurs. Everyone has to play level headed and keep a calmness about them, or this thing could swing in JC's favor.

If the Toppers keep the penalties to a minimum, slow the run, and don't get mixed up in anything after the whistle, they should take this one on the legs of Isaac Kinley and Armando Canepa on offense, and a collective effort on defense. If they don't, it's anyone's ballgame.

Science Hill Hilltoppers: 35 Jefferson County Patriots: 20

Keep juniors Greyson Janeway #6 and Wes Forbush #7 in your prayers. Both are projected to be out for the year with knee injuries. Injuries are random, but it is still sad to see a kid get hurt, no matter what colors they're wearing and what their impact is on the team, from the starting QB all the way down to your JV "just wants to be on the team" kid.

Picks: 4-2 (1-1)

Other than the cry babies from DB who have you heard from that JC plays dirty?

Come on guys, the game is over and anybody can say what they want but I'd rather not have to start a new thread after this one escalates and gets shut down. JC will say something, DB will counter, it will go back and forth until CoachT steps in and shuts this thing down. Bottom line, this is Jeff Co VS Toppers thread, and that's what we need to focus on.

Come on guys, the game is over and anybody can say what they want but I'd rather not have to start a new thread after this one escalates and gets shut down. JC will say something, DB will counter, it will go back and forth until CoachT steps in and shuts this thing down. Bottom line, this is Jeff Co VS Toppers thread, and that's what we need to focus on.

Sorry man.I am still p-----off. Just passing on the info.

Uh.. You need to get your story straight Dude. Its DB that says someting first and then JC counters. Hate to hear you have some guys banged up but nice to see you're not crying on every thread about it. As far as DB being the best team in East TN , Maryville for Farragut would make very short work of them.

As far as this game, its anyone's guess. JC has come out absolutely flat on every game since Greeneville. It depends on which JC shows up.