10AAA

Eaglepride00

HC won by 11 tonight. We got a scare when shonte went down holdin his knee. But coach just said he hit it hard and its fine. We had a big lead but the boys kinda started goofin around. But coach said they will be in the gym sunday afternoon gettin ready for the 1st round. I don't know if I can handle waitin a week tho.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC won by 11 tonight. We got a scare when shonte went down holdin his knee. But coach just said he hit it hard and its fine. We had a big lead but the boys kinda started goofin around. But coach said they will be in the gym sunday afternoon gettin ready for the 1st round. I don't know if I can handle waitin a week tho.

Any technicals in Friday night's game? Anyone get arrested? Or was it all quiet on the western front?

I am old enough to know when I hit a nerve. Did I mention anything about a fight? I was just asking about a pattern of behavior at games.

Why does it have to be a pattern of behavior in our teams? For some reason we have had ppl degradin our basketball team and football team for a few years now. When somebody has success ppl love to hate. Just a question tho. Who is your team? Cuz if we have played them I'm sure we beat them.

Who's everyone got for the post season awards--Coach of the Year and Player of the Year, and First and Second All District Teams?

Coach of the year could be given to either of the top 3 teams. But I think clarksville losin what they had and gettin the number 3 seed with what they got deserves somethin.

I don't have a player of the year. There was a lot of good players but nobody really stood out above anybody else.

And I'm not gonna give a 1st team and 2nd team but here are my top 10 players in no particular order.

Stanton-springfield

Sims-HC

Etheridge-HC

#32-northwest

Alderson (spl?)-northeast

James-northeast

Williams-rossview

Childs-rossview

Baggett-clarksville

Harper-clarksville

When do the awards come out?

I think the coaches meet sometime this week to vote on everything and discuss next year's schedule and the district tournaments.

Can the COY only come from one of the top three coaches? I would probably give the nod to Ted Young finishing in the top three with the team he had. That game Friday night--coming down from 14 or 15 down against Rossview tells you everything you need to know there.

As for POY, I would probably go with Stanton in Springfield. I know they didn't have a great season, but without him they may not have won a district game. Northeast and Henry Co have too much talent to have one player win it.

Not sure when the awards are announced.