10AAA

Eaglepride00

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you would have to bring up such a barbaric statement....HC is not a basketball school! Sounds like an excuse for their loss tonight. What exactly is basketball school and what bearing does the definition have on the team's play? I did see HC ready for play tonight..ie. uniforms, laced up sneakers, and transportation to and from the game. Are you suggesting the Athletic forum at HC doesn't put enough emphasis/money into the sport of basketball? Your last statement about FOOTBALL suggest you have given up on basketball this year! Who cares about football until the season starts? I could easily say NE is not a football school based on their inability to win at the sport but that would be a copout! It is what it is!

Good job on misconstruing my points. Did I say HC not being a basketball school is an excuse? No. A certain sports-oriented school will usually have the most sucess in that sport, have the best players in that sport, have more attention for that sport. . . etc, etc. Basketball School = Duke. Football School = Alabama. The reason for me saying this was not in the form of trying to explain a loss, but moreso explaining why us in HC believe that this team is doing special things. Basketball games used to be no big deal at all to this town, but they're starting to work their way up into big events, similar to how football games got popular. Did you see the away following that HC has had this year in basketball 3 years ago? No, you didn't. Also, given up on basketball? No, far from it. We've still got a longgg way to go until basketball season's over. My previous post was a fair assesment towards why we think that this team is special, and you tried to turn it into me making an excuse. Honestly, that's not so savvy. "It is what it is!"

Good job on misconstruing my points. Did I say HC not being a basketball school is an excuse? No. A certain sports-oriented school will usually have the most sucess in that sport, have the best players in that sport, have more attention for that sport. . . etc, etc. Basketball School = Duke. Football School = Alabama. The reason for me saying this was not in the form of trying to explain a loss, but moreso explaining why us in HC believe that this team is doing special things. Basketball games used to be no big deal at all to this town, but they're starting to work their way up into big events, similar to how football games got popular. Did you see the away following that HC has had this year in basketball 3 years ago? No, you didn't. Also, given up on basketball? No, far from it. We've still got a longgg way to go until basketball season's over. My previous post was a fair assesment towards why we think that this team is special, and you tried to turn it into me making an excuse. Honestly, that's not so savvy. "It is what it is!"

I really don't believe I misconstrued a thing. I am not understanding what the issue may be surrounding support for the game....it has no bearing on the players ability to play basketball. So what you are trying to say is that just because HC doesn't get much support for their basketball program, they don't have the best players therefore haven't had much success in basketball in the past? What options are available to the Athletic managers at HC to entice good basketball players to want to relocate and come play at HC being that it is a public school? Whether you know it or not, your Athletic management team at HC is only going to put the amount of effort into the basketball program that they will in return get by way of revenue....i.e. participation by supporters...like yourself I am assuming...and the overall success of the program year end and year out...BLUF - bottom line up front! Now I was at the HC/NE game and I would have thought your team would have gotten more support from your fan base from HC being that this was probably the most important game of their season. Did you go? I understand your frustration in terms of support but why not take this issue to the HC community? Good question to pose at your next community session, Why don't more of the HC population come out and support their sons and daughters that participate within the basketball program. Once again, please refer to my second statement in this paragraph. You can't make people go to the games! Your brief synopsis referencing who is known for what is really not basketball savvy in terms of it really has no bearing on the high school basketball circuit....two totally different arenas. We all know Duke is all about basketball and Alabama can be referenced as being both basketball and football being that they have had success at both! Interestingly enough you would mention college athletics because those institutions of higher learning have a vested interest in sports unlike high school sports. Now let me break that down for you. The collegiate athletics arena is a money making venture that pays for their talent by way of lucrative academic and/or athletic scholarships and the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things. Now let's flip that scenario to high school sports. Our kids aren't paid a red cent for their hard work nor are they privileged to go to any school they would like to attend and compete for various reasons. It is....as always....what it is! Go Eagles!

The interest was in the fact that I immediately question any contender that has multiple 20+ losses on their schedule. Doesn't make them a bad team, by any means. Obviously they might have had a bad couple of nights. But it does make me wonder if maybe I'm missing some underlying weakness(es) that might have been uncovered in those games. In addition, I found the 2 20+ point losses to 2A Livingston Academy interesting because you seem to downplay Henry County's schedule. The Patriots in fact played a quite similar team, 2A Dyer County (who's made it to the semi's two years running), and held a lead for most of the game (ultimately falling by 3, on a call most Henry County fans probably won't forget for a few years). As for this mysterious land up north you call "Kentucky" and their strange inhabitants, you can try to google them (Muhlenberg North) or here's the link http://www.unapproved website.com/kentucky/basketbal...ath=,local,team (coacht may block it, we'll see). They're a good team, with a rabid fan base {you think playing in Paris is bad:)}, and they beat them in the championship game of their very own tournament (and without Sims). Look, it's obvious after watching these two teams play twice this year they are equal. If you're a fan for Northeast, cheer them on. I hope they get to play in the regionals because they're one of the best 10AAA has to offer. But don't try to build up Northeast by putting down Henry County, because in the end it just makes everyone look bad.

Let me first start out by stating that the NE record speaks loudly...so please listen up....therefore, no need for the extra hype by a bystander and total supporter like me....Secondly, those two 20 point losses were considered good losses in that the team that beat us is highly ranked in TN and just happens to be a 2A team. Livingston Academy is on a mission this year in which they weren't going to let NE interfere....and besides we played like we had just seen a basketball the day of...for the first time.....both games! Thirdly, those losses didn't harm us. Who even cares being that NE won't meet them again. When you went to check NE schedule, did you by any chance put your spectacles on and notice the respectable wins NE has within the TN AAA basketball community! I guess not being that you failed to mention it! My referencing HC is not a hit against the hard work the players are displaying throughout the season. The HC basketball program/players are only going to be as good as they are challenged throughout the season. I applaud them for making a name for themselves in the great state of KY and I know that team from KY will remember HC when they compete within their respective district in KY! Now, if you are really concerned about their well-being, you would have caught the undertone of any of my comments reference HC. Play against top quality teams in the state of TN will fair better than trumping the league play to go against KY teams. Do you think it might be a GREAT idea to establish yourself within the ranks (TN) you compete and establish yourself as a contender? There are plenty of tournaments in TN to compete and make a name! KY is not mysterious being that I can be there in less than 5 minutes! For the record, I am a fan of TN basketball period....I just favor NE this year! Go Eagles!

Let me first start out by stating that the NE record speaks loudly...so please listen up....therefore, no need for the extra hype by a bystander and total supporter like me....Secondly, those two 20 point losses were considered good losses in that the team that beat us is highly ranked in TN and just happens to be a 2A team.

Two 20 point losses were considered "good losses"? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You have now lost all credibility when discussing Northeast basketball.

Do you think it might be a GREAT idea to establish yourself within the ranks (TN) you compete and establish yourself as a contender? There are plenty of tournaments in TN to compete and make a name! KY is not mysterious being that I can be there in less than 5 minutes! For the record, I am a fan of TN basketball period....I just favor NE this year! Go Eagles!

You know the great thing about basketball? You get to prove it on the court. Why would they care what anyone thought of them "within the ranks"? What is Northeast's rank in the BCS this week? If you live so close to Kentucky, I'd suggest watching some basketball up there too, some of them are pretty good. Actually, I think they may be known for it.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> By the way I was at the HC/NE game and I'd venture to say HC has more fans than NE did there. That is from an unbiased observer. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I really don't believe I misconstrued a thing. I am not understanding what the issue may be surrounding support for the game....it has no bearing on the players ability to play basketball. So what you are trying to say is that just because HC doesn't get much support for their basketball program, they don't have the best players therefore haven't had much success in basketball in the past? What options are available to the Athletic managers at HC to entice good basketball players to want to relocate and come play at HC being that it is a public school? Whether you know it or not, your Athletic management team at HC is only going to put the amount of effort into the basketball program that they will in return get by way of revenue....i.e. participation by supporters...like yourself I am assuming...and the overall success of the program year end and year out...BLUF - bottom line up front! Now I was at the HC/NE game and I would have thought your team would have gotten more support from your fan base from HC being that this was probably the most important game of their season. Did you go? I understand your frustration in terms of support but why not take this issue to the HC community? Good question to pose at your next community session, Why don't more of the HC population come out and support their sons and daughters that participate within the basketball program. Once again, please refer to my second statement in this paragraph. You can't make people go to the games! Your brief synopsis referencing who is known for what is really not basketball savvy in terms of it really has no bearing on the high school basketball circuit....two totally different arenas. We all know Duke is all about basketball and Alabama can be referenced as being both basketball and football being that they have had success at both! Interestingly enough you would mention college athletics because those institutions of higher learning have a vested interest in sports unlike high school sports. Now let me break that down for you. The collegiate athletics arena is a money making venture that pays for their talent by way of lucrative academic and/or athletic scholarships and the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things. Now let's flip that scenario to high school sports. Our kids aren't paid a red cent for their hard work nor are they privileged to go to any school they would like to attend and compete for various reasons. It is....as always....what it is! Go Eagles!

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I disagree with your point abut only playing TN teams as being important. Lot's of good teams play all over the place over Christmas. Some go to Florid, Ky, Mo., etc. It's great to see a lot of different styles of basketball to help prepare your team for whatever they might see in playoffs. Doesn't matter about local rankings. Please understand I think NE might the most talented team team in district, but HC is not far behind. I also think both coaches do a wonderful job and could both represent district 10 very well. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You know the great thing about basketball? You get to prove it on the court. Why would they care what anyone thought of them "within the ranks"? What is Northeast's rank in the BCS this week? If you live so close to Kentucky, I'd suggest watching some basketball up there too, some of them are pretty good. Actually, I think they may be known for it.

You're simply not getting the point. The whole origin of my post was to try to explain WHY this was special. Henry County football has been king of the school for the last 4 years. Although we may come to basketball games, HC is a football-minded place. I believe that's evident if you've ever been to a game. Many people go just to football games so, to quote you, it is what it is. There's no hard factual evidence as to why basketball is not as popular, if that's what you're wanting. There is, however, a good deal of common sense involved. Our basketball team has simply not been as good in past years as our football team. This team, however, is playing like a team and is really impressing SOME people. I, myself, attend as many basketball games as well as football games possible. My schedule, though, doesn't allow me to be able to attend every single game, as was the case Friday night. I thouroughly believe that the HC fan base travels as well as any other team in 10AAA, if not better. As for student participation, please refer to "football school". Our leading scorer didn't play last year, and he just so happens to be a high D1 prospect on the gridiron. We have another player who is already a signed high D1 prospect that's known around town to be able to play basketball as well as he does football, but he doesn't play. That's his decision, and I don't blame him one bit - his future is bright.

It's not as if Henry County is a drybed for basketball. Every county middle school team is competitive in the River Conference league, and Inman has made it to plenty of middle school sectionals against Jackson and Memphis teams. Our freshmen team ALWAYS have a great record - but some choose to focus on football. Again, that's their choice, and it's understandable. This success that HC is starting to have, however, will have an effect on the future years. More kids will become to get involved, as with what happened with the football team, and the sky is the limit.

As for the football/basketball school debate - Henry County is simply not a pure basketball town like some others. Football is king on our little side of the river. In Clarksville, basketball is king, with baseball playing a close second fiddle. Many of the basketball players play basketball year-round, compared to many of the HC players splitting basketball with another sport, sometimes even 2. This is not an excuse, but it "is what it is".

I believe that sucess and something being special is all case/situation-sensitive. While what Henry County is doing this season may be more of just a "good season" to some Clarksville schools, it is something great for us Henry Countians. Compare it to Northeast going 7-3 and going to the quarterfinals in football, and you have a decent comparison. While a great season for your Eagles, it would be a "good" season to HC. Just keep in mind the different mindsets. "It is what it..... is."

Two 20 point losses were considered "good losses"? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You have now lost all credibility when discussing Northeast basketball.

Now your uninformed decision to mention credibility is a shock and expected from such a tunnel-visioned individual. The losses were good for our team in that now we have great evidence of our shortcomings by way of game tape. Oh my bad, something you know nothing of! It does us no good to view game tapes of people we pounded. We want to get better at what we do and we have a keen understanding of getting better means playing better teams and evaluating our play as a result of the wins or losses!

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I disagree with your point abut only playing TN teams as being important. Lot's of good teams play all over the place over Christmas. Some go to Florid, Ky, Mo., etc. It's great to see a lot of different styles of basketball to help prepare your team for whatever they might see in playoffs. Doesn't matter about local rankings. Please understand I think NE might the most talented team team in district, but HC is not far behind. I also think both coaches do a wonderful job and could both represent district 10 very well. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's alright to disagree...that's what great dialogue amongst fans is all about. Now you just really showed your true worth as far as the content of your statement is concerned. If you think that for one minute playing TN teams isn't important, then you really must be a badminton player and should stick to that game!