What about district 13-A

InspectorVol

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I said the district tourney will be interesting. You guys could very well beat anyone in the district.

West Carroll has the best record by far but they are beatable.

just like all of our past few games. . .we lead the whole game except in the 4th..... we just have the 2 to 3 minute period where we turn the ball over and take bad shots. .. . .idk whats goin on but we better fix it fast

first of all i would just like to say thank you for the comical relief on the pages before these last few...i have always heard that the education level was lacking in the big sandy/camden area..thank you for proving that theory correct. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

now my point in commenting on this website is not to bash anyone, but to set some things straight about greer that i could not help but add my opinion to.

my son plays for cc and we played wc in december in a classic at our gym. you absolutely have to be out of your mind if you think this young man does not have college potential. he can and DOES do everything...handle the ball, shoot from outside, play inside, the list goes on... i think it is foolish to say that the reason you havent beaten wc or the reason he scores as much as he does is bc the refs baby him and everyone calls fouls. well lets concentrate really hard and try to THINK about why this may occur...BECAUSE HE IS EVERYWHERE!...he knows what the meaning of the word hustle is (a rare thing to come by these days)...probably what has impressed me the most about him, his versatility and how he is a big part of every play, never stands around. how can an official not call a foul when eight plays out of ten he is driving to the basket and getting slapped by three different people? and im pretty sure i also read that someone said something about his dad crying about the fouls too, in essence whining about him not getting babied. i have seen greer play a handfull of times and i know that not only on one occasion have i seen his dad jerk him up and get in his face--not my definition of babying, but thats just me.

another thing, saying that he wouldnt play for some of the teams in 14a (lake co., uc, humboldt) is also..in my opinion.. stupid. one of my sons good friends from ripley played with him this summer in aau and im pretty sure that he was always a starter and got a lot of playing time. so he could obviously handle 14a if he can handle playing with and against some of the best kids in the country.

i also find it a bit odd that players who have played against him get on here and say rude things. maybe your performance against him didnt say enough so you have to get on here and make up for the lack there of? especially you camdenballer..you are making yourself look pathetic, if you were such a great defender/player you wouldnt have to get on a website just to tell everyone about it... greer hasnt gotten on here yet has he? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> saying you shut him down to 19? HA and then please tell everyone how many greer scored the second time around...ive done my research and cant wait to see the stats from the third meeting!

i have really enjoyed watching players like greer come up through high school and develop into great young athletes. and i wish him the best of luck and am very anxious to see where he ends up going after his senior year bc any logical mind would know that he will and may already have his fair share of options.

Riiight. You are from crockett county. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> 1 post and you insult their education? For the record I think he is a good player. He will probably play in college if he wants to. I wish him well. I also think he gets a lot of calls too. Not that he shouldn't get any, but all players who drive the ball should get calls. I have seen it and it isn't that way. Hey that kind of thing happens everywhere to every team at some time. You have to overcome if you can.

first of all i would just like to say thank you for the comical relief on the pages before these last few...i have always heard that the education level was lacking in the big sandy/camden area..thank you for proving that theory correct. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

now my point in commenting on this website is not to bash anyone, but to set some things straight about greer that i could not help but add my opinion to.

my son plays for cc and we played wc in december in a classic at our gym. you absolutely have to be out of your mind if you think this young man does not have college potential. he can and DOES do everything...handle the ball, shoot from outside, play inside, the list goes on... i think it is foolish to say that the reason you havent beaten wc or the reason he scores as much as he does is bc the refs baby him and everyone calls fouls. well lets concentrate really hard and try to THINK about why this may occur...BECAUSE HE IS EVERYWHERE!...he knows what the meaning of the word hustle is (a rare thing to come by these days)...probably what has impressed me the most about him, his versatility and how he is a big part of every play, never stands around. how can an official not call a foul when eight plays out of ten he is driving to the basket and getting slapped by three different people? and im pretty sure i also read that someone said something about his dad crying about the fouls too, in essence whining about him not getting babied. i have seen greer play a handfull of times and i know that not only on one occasion have i seen his dad jerk him up and get in his face--not my definition of babying, but thats just me.

another thing, saying that he wouldnt play for some of the teams in 14a (lake co., uc, humboldt) is also..in my opinion.. stupid. one of my sons good friends from ripley played with him this summer in aau and im pretty sure that he was always a starter and got a lot of playing time. so he could obviously handle 14a if he can handle playing with and against some of the best kids in the country.

i also find it a bit odd that players who have played against him get on here and say rude things. maybe your performance against him didnt say enough so you have to get on here and make up for the lack there of? especially you camdenballer..you are making yourself look pathetic, if you were such a great defender/player you wouldnt have to get on a website just to tell everyone about it... greer hasnt gotten on here yet has he? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> saying you shut him down to 19? HA and then please tell everyone how many greer scored the second time around...ive done my research and cant wait to see the stats from the third meeting!

i have really enjoyed watching players like greer come up through high school and develop into great young athletes. and i wish him the best of luck and am very anxious to see where he ends up going after his senior year bc any logical mind would know that he will and may already have his fair share of options.

If you didn't catch anything I said, I was saying holding him to 19 would be like shutting him down. I am not trying to take anything from him, Believe me, I know he is a great players. He will go on and play college no doubt. My only thing negative towards him was that he wouldn't play at a big school such as Knoxville, etc. Don't try to put words in my mouth saying he stinks.. I know he doesn't. He'd beat me 10/10 times if I played him 1 on 1.

He had 36 I believe in the second meeting. In my defense, I didn't guard him but for maybe half the game. I know that doesn't mean anything but still. I am ready to see the 3rd meeting too.. We have things to prove.

He gets calls because he is aggressive. That's the nature of the game. He will be a mid to mid-major recruit. I am sure he loves basketball. He is a good player, just needs to add some mass for the next level. Last season when WC palyed LC at their place in a HOF he got no calls because he wasn't very aggresive. Avery pushed him all over the court and he didn't take the physical play well. As the season progressed he seemed to stand his ground a bit more.

I don't think letting someone score 19 is considered holding them much less shuting them down. What else did he do? How many rebounds or assists did he have? Can't really tell how good a guy is by scoring, just his scoring ability. If I guard a guy and he scores 10 but drives to the rim, kicks and gets 10 assists then I didn't guard him.

Greer could play for any team in 14A and his star would shine. I saw Greer this summer with the Mid State Ballerz and he played great. Greer played in some of the biggest AAU events in the South against some big time talent and many times lead his team in scoring and he was a starter (like you said). The Mid State Ballerz West team finished at 23 and 7...If i'm not mistaken Greer also played up a level in at least one tournemet with the Ballerz South team..the Ballerz South finished 31 and 6 and played a brutal schedule....every player on the Ballerz South team will play D1 but most will be mid major and two or three maybe highmid major.

Greer played on the same team with Tarius Johnson (Liberty) and Demarious Smith (Keenwood)...all three of these kids will play D1...it might be mid major.......If Greer was on any other team he would get 100 times more recognition. I can guarantee plenty of college coaches are aware of him. Greer is decptive and alot better athlete than people think and he puts out maximum effort.

People need to understand Greer isn't surrounded with the talent Humboldt, Lake County, and even a young UC team has. Play Greer one and one and he will smoke most kids.

Well Carroll Academy went as expected we beat them by a pretty heft number and that is with out B and C teams in there for most of the 2nd half... I was interested with all of this talk about Larue what we would see..Honestly the kid does have talent but did not score much in the first half at all..scored the majority of his points against our B and C teams that is when he really shined.. He did not have the chops against our starting 5 but then again it would help if he had a bit more talent to work with... He is a good player...

About the above posts..... Greer is a good player, an impressive athlete I do not dispute that but anyone that plays 4 quarters of basketball all games and every game and averages 1 foul per game is suspect in my mind..If you are playing an aggressive game at both ends of the court it would warrant more than 1 foul per game... I would also like to mention that he has some kids around him that can also score and they do well also. It is a shame that all the attention must be on 1 player.. When we played them their one guard I think his name was Cunningham? was very iimpressive... Scruggs and McClain both had good games also.. He does have some help and they all get lost if the "Greer" frenzy which in my opinion is a shame...He is a good player hands down and that is that..But our 2 guards are quite good also.. I would love to see he and Cox match up I think it would be great to see..

Well Carroll Academy went as expected we beat them by a pretty heft number and that is with out B and C teams in there for most of the 2nd half... I was interested with all of this talk about Larue what we would see..Honestly the kid does have talent but did not score much in the first half at all..scored the majority of his points against our B and C teams that is when he really shined.. He did not have the chops against our starting 5 but then again it would help if he had a bit more talent to work with... He is a good player...

About the above posts..... Greer is a good player, an impressive athlete I do not dispute that but anyone that plays 4 quarters of basketball all games and every game and averages 1 foul per game is suspect in my mind..If you are playing an aggressive game at both ends of the court it would warrant more than 1 foul per game... I would also like to mention that he has some kids around him that can also score and they do well also. It is a shame that all the attention must be on 1 player.. When we played them their one guard I think his name was Cunningham? was very iimpressive... Scruggs and McClain both had good games also.. He does have some help and they all get lost if the "Greer" frenzy which in my opinion is a shame...He is a good player hands down and that is that..But our 2 guards are quite good also.. I would love to see he and Cox match up I think it would be great to see..

Greer would have his way with Cox. lol Cox is a pretty decent player, don't get me wrong but I think Greer is by far better.

And If Greer played for any school bigger than single A he'd get a lot more recognition. He has good players surrounding him but not great players.

I was saying holding Greer to 19 is shutting him down not out of saying I am a good defender or anything. I said it to prove how good of a player he really is. 19 is a bad game of scoring for him butyet he still scored what most players hardly ever do.