Creek Wood vs. Dickson County

ISTHATRIGHT

in baseball when tssaa cut the baseball games to 30-games thats the problem,when you play 14-distict games and four tounrnaments thats 26-games so that leaves you with four games dc can.they play 2-games with columbia,1-game with smyrna and 1-game with MBA. so there is no room to play.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are boundaries for CW and DC. What everyone doesn't understand is there is open enrollment for any 8th grader in the county to attend either high school. This has been in place since CW opened. This is not 100% accurate but there are 10 student-athletes that attended Dickson middle competeing in athletics at CW of those 4 are zoned to go to CW. I know of students that simply prefer to go to DC or some who prefer to go to CW because they have attended both. These schools are both good places to be, let's just see a football game on the varsity level between the 2.From what I understand both administrations allow the head coaches to make out their respective schedules. It would be nice if the 2 schools played each other in all sports, not just volleyball and 9th football. If anyone was at the Shelby Rye field dedication baseball game and can remember the atmosphere or the 42.5 foot bomb that allowed the lady cougars basketball team 2 win in a packed house at the Wood several years ago. This was intense and high level competion. In the long run who cares who wins, IT IS FUN!!! It is not that hard people.

originally the open enrollment for students leaving middle school was to try and balance the numbers a little between the 2 schools. It is not that hard for a student to attend out of zone in any county much less Dickson County. Happens every day under our wonderful governing body called T$$AA. For a small fee and following proper prcedures a student can attend any school in the state. Ask Maryville how easy it is to draw out of county students. Lots of students attend other schools based on academic choices.

Not as easy as you might think if the boundary is closed, which most are. Blount County being an exception. There has to be a bona fide change of address or a hardship to allow students to cross zones. For the purpose of this thread, my opinion is that it's easier to have those in county rivalry games across classification if there's a closed zone as opposed to an open one. Just something to think about.

Not as easy as you might think if the boundary is closed, which most are. Blount County being an exception. There has to be a bona fide change of address or a hardship to allow students to cross zones. For the purpose of this thread, my opinion is that it's easier to have those in county rivalry games across classification if there's a closed zone as opposed to an open one. Just something to think about.

What in the world does open or closed boundaries have to do with two schools playing an athletic event.

ksgovols you are trying to make it complicated and surely it cant be that complicated. i really dont understand why you would make it sound like a big deal that has nothing to do with the two schools playin each other or not. they could play each other every year. but someone (i dont know who???) says no every year................

in baseball when tssaa cut the baseball games to 30-games thats the problem,when you play 14-distict games and four tounrnaments thats 26-games so that leaves you with four games dc can.they play 2-games with columbia,1-game with smyrna and 1-game with MBA. so there is no room to play.

oh so are you trying to say CWs level of play in baseball doesnt meet yalls standards??? lol thats funny good excuse /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />