10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

I like Heritage on the road by 5,can't make up my mind if I am going to this game or the Sycamore/Fairview game.

WHH played terrible... Thier big gun couldn't hit the side of a barn. No excuses, but we did find out that he has had a major sinus infection for a month now.(gotta throw off his equilibrian)? Ref's didn't help much on either end. That was probably the worst display I have saw come out of WHH this year. Like it was a different team? Oh well, a little humility never hurt anyone /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHH played terrible... Thier big gun couldn't hit the side of a barn. No excuses, but we did find out that he has had a major sinus infection for a month now.(gotta throw off his equilibrian)? Ref's didn't help much on either end. That was probably the worst display I have saw come out of WHH this year. Like it was a different team? Oh well, a little humility never hurt anyone /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I saw the game and WHH played terrible but East played better than I have seen them play this year,having Wilks back seems to help.I think against East you have to play some type of zone and just match up with Stratton because no one in this district can guard Woodard man to man and he is not going to hurt you as an outside shooter.I think Ray for Heritage really has a bright future and Moore is a solid player.The score of last nights game is misleading,it was much worse than a 12 point game.

I saw the game and WHH played terrible but East played better than I have seen them play this year,having Wilks back seems to help.I think against East you have to play some type of zone and just match up with Stratton because no one in this district can guard Woodard man to man and he is not going to hurt you as an outside shooter.I think Ray for Heritage really has a bright future and Moore is a solid player.The score of last nights game is misleading,it was much worse than a 12 point game.

Yeah, like when ER when on a 17-2 start. Uggggllllyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Free throws didn't put them over the top, the refs did... if you were at the game, it was horrible... Something has to be done about the reffing in this area... They were calling every touch, any contact at all, just were allowing either team get in rhythem... Worst call all night... Dillard as the ball tied up at 54, drives the length of the floor, gets himselft out of position to score, tries to do some type of spinning layup falls down, and supposely gets foul... they send him to the line and give McEwen 2.1 seconds left on the clock down 56-54... horrible call there wasn't much contact if any on that play... refs should have let the shot go up, if it went in, it went in; if it didn't the clock would have ran out and there would have been OT in HC... This is somewhat bias as I am from McEwen but this really did happen... the really bad news is McEwen has to go right back over to HC next week and get them in the first round... upside, McEwen is just as good, if not better than HC... I just hope the reffing is better...

Free throws didn't put them over the top, the refs did... if you were at the game, it was horrible... Something has to be done about the reffing in this area... They were calling every touch, any contact at all, just were allowing either team get in rhythem... Worst call all night... Dillard as the ball tied up at 54, drives the length of the floor, gets himselft out of position to score, tries to do some type of spinning layup falls down, and supposely gets foul... they send him to the line and give McEwen 2.1 seconds left on the clock down 56-54... horrible call there wasn't much contact if any on that play... refs should have let the shot go up, if it went in, it went in; if it didn't the clock would have ran out and there would have been OT in HC... This is somewhat bias as I am from McEwen but this really did happen... the really bad news is McEwen has to go right back over to HC next week and get them in the first round... upside, McEwen is just as good, if not better than HC... I just hope the reffing is better...

Amen mtownballer. I am glad you said what I was thinking. I was shocked by the game. And before any of the HC fans say "you're just mad because you lost" YES I am mad we lost, but I am more MAD that as adults the refs are NOT being role models to kids today. It was a sit on your sit kind of game, but it was also unfair to the kids (both sides) for the refs not to call some of the "slapping and pushing that was going on" . Our kids got malled, but we "bump" them and FOUL! oh my gosh. I just hope the same refs are not there Tuesday nite.

Good luck Warriors!!

Yeah, amazing huh... I'm not sure either, and have been around basketball all of my life... Hard to freeze a guy for free throws when they automatically get one... I would like to see this tape sent in to the TSSAA... Fouls were awfully called, couldn't keep up with free throws, time not put back on the clock at the end of the game (2.1 seconds left and McEwen throws it the length of the floor, touches a players hand(went the clock should have started) dropped almost straight out of bounds, and the refs left 0.5 seconds on the clock), etc...

The fact of the matter is all McEwen can do is go to HC... Take control of the game thoughout... and don't let this game go down to the wire... Take the game out of direct control of the refs... Normally I wouldn't say this but this game next week will (assuming the refs are good) come down to who really wants it more... who wants to keep playing... All I care about are four games all year.... that is the play in district game... the first two games in the region, and the substate game... Once you make it to state you have accomplished something... I'd go 7-27 every year if it means a state championship (probably won't/shouldn't ever happen though)...

McEwen has to go out and completely blank this game out for 4 quarters next week, and bring home a win and birth to the region... I don't want to hear McEwen's young... anything short of second round region is failure in my book due to the fact that the region is extremely down this year...

Dillard was fouled............... and as for the refs being awful, THAT was both ends of the floor. And I don't know how you guys can complain about the fouls, YOU went into double bonus before HC did, just couldn't hit your free throws. As to the "young " team comment, the Monroe boy who played 3rd and 4th quarters, hit key free throws, and pulled down the BIG rebound ( with 4 McEwen players sourrounding him ) is a sophomore. You got beat, just like you beat us in your gym. Next week will be a real ballgame, and HC is coming to play. So good luck to both teams. And one other thing, you talked about being role models to the kids. The McEwen kids who came and sat on the HC side of the gym, and were cussing a bunch of our middle school kids, need some role models, so plz try and find someone for the job.

Yeah, amazing huh... I'm not sure either, and have been around basketball all of my life... Hard to freeze a guy for free throws when they automatically get one... I would like to see this tape sent in to the TSSAA... Fouls were awfully called, couldn't keep up with free throws, time not put back on the clock at the end of the game (2.1 seconds left and McEwen throws it the length of the floor, touches a players hand(went the clock should have started) dropped almost straight out of bounds, and the refs left 0.5 seconds on the clock), etc...

The fact of the matter is all McEwen can do is go to HC... Take control of the game thoughout... and don't let this game go down to the wire... Take the game out of direct control of the refs... Normally I wouldn't say this but this game next week will (assuming the refs are good) come down to who really wants it more... who wants to keep playing... All I care about are four games all year.... that is the play in district game... the first two games in the region, and the substate game... Once you make it to state you have accomplished something... I'd go 7-27 every year if it means a state championship (probably won't/shouldn't ever happen though)...

McEwen has to go out and completely blank this game out for 4 quarters next week, and bring home a win and birth to the region... I don't want to hear McEwen's young... anything short of second round region is failure in my book due to the fact that the region is extremely down this year...

I was not there so I can't speak for the game but this will definitely add some spice to an already intense rivalry.I played in some CRAZY basketball and football games for HC,one of the football games got so bad state troopers were called in and TSSAA would not let us play for two years.I am very happy to see Monroe and Hammond step up and contribute as sophomores,did Skelton and Featherstone not play much or were they just ineffective.I will be making the hour and half drive from Nashville to see the game and hope HC pulls it out.

Dillard was fouled............... and as for the refs being awful, THAT was both ends of the floor. And I don't know how you guys can complain about the fouls, YOU went into double bonus before HC did, just couldn't hit your free throws. As to the "young " team comment, the Monroe boy who played 3rd and 4th quarters, hit key free throws, and pulled down the BIG rebound ( with 4 McEwen players sourrounding him ) is a sophomore. You got beat, just like you beat us in your gym. Next week will be a real ballgame, and HC is coming to play. So good luck to both teams. And one other thing, you talked about being role models to the kids. The McEwen kids who came and sat on the HC side of the gym, and were cussing a bunch of our middle school kids, need some role models, so plz try and find someone for the job.

The big kid for HC did play good... The reason I can complain about fouls is that you NEVER let a game end by a questionable foul and free throws... McEwen was in bonus before HC... but the game changing calls killed McEwen... There should not have been no where near as many fouls called as their were on EITHER end... As far as being a role model you can only affect X amount of kids... Y amount of kids will do what they please until they hit the real world... btw... these kids are 15-18 years old... they are old enough to make their own decisions on how to act in public and who they are affect around them... although I don't condone foul language at a hs event with middle schoolers around, you can't watch/catch what everyone says... McEwen didn't hit their FREE throws down the stretch like HC did... I'll give HC that, and that's normally where the game is won and lost... but that was merely one aspect of the reason McEwen lost... Anyways... I hardly ever get on here a complain about a game, but this one was awful... Maybe McEwen should have lost, maybe they should have won... but the FACT... they did lose... and FACT it was partially due to reffing... something alot of people say all of the time, but this time it was indeed true...

Anyways... Goodluck warriors, and bring home win(s) next week...