District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth beat University School of Nashville tonight to reach the finals of the Williamson County Invitational Tournament at Ravenwood. They play Bolton Wednesday at 12:30 P.M. for the championship.

Pretty good defense for 3 of the quarters and the Indians led by as many as 17 at one point before USN went on a run and tied it up with about 5:00 minutes in the game. Harpeth basically won it at the free throw line in the last 2 minutes. Sorry no scoring. It was something like 51-44 but don't quote me on that.

Harpeth loses to Bolton 45-43. Had a shot to tie it or win it in the last 10 seconds, but didn't get a shot off. Good game that was well played for the most part. Harpeth continues to play to the level of their competition. This will be a good game for them down the road. Bolton is a good but not great AAA team. They were very athletic and had some players. Carruthers and Dansby had good games I thought.

Harpeth beat Creekwood tonight 53-40. Trey Carruthers had 26 and threw down 4 dunks. 44 for Creekwood blocked about 6 shots. It was a close game at the half. Harpeth pulled out their press and ran getting almost all of their points in transition in the second half. Big crowd. Good atmosphere. Saw some Waverly kids, some Sycamore fans and a few from Cheatham I think. They could have had a district meeting in Charlotte tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Harpeth hosts Waverly on Tuesday. Maybe when the rest of the district starts up we can get some folks posting. It's been awful lonesome.......

I thought that tonight was Harpeth's first win ever at Creekwood. That is not correct. They last time they won at Creekwood was Shane Dansby's senior year, so it's been 6 seasons ago. I like Creekwood's game still. I don't think there's a better half court offense in the district than the one that they run. They have good outside shooting, a good post and a forward that can jump out of the gym. That being said, if you can run and gun and press effectively, that's their Achille's heel.

Harpeth beat Creekwood tonight 53-40. Trey Carruthers had 26 and threw down 4 dunks. 44 for Creekwood blocked about 6 shots. It was a close game at the half. Harpeth pulled out their press and ran getting almost all of their points in transition in the second half. Big crowd. Good atmosphere. Saw some Waverly kids, some Sycamore fans and a few from Cheatham I think. They could have had a district meeting in Charlotte tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Harpeth hosts Waverly on Tuesday. Maybe when the rest of the district starts up we can get some folks posting. It's been awful lonesome.......

I thought that tonight was Harpeth's first win ever at Creekwood. That is not correct. They last time they won at Creekwood was Shane Dansby's senior year, so it's been 6 seasons ago. I like Creekwood's game still. I don't think there's a better half court offense in the district than the one that they run. They have good outside shooting, a good post and a forward that can jump out of the gym. That being said, if you can run and gun and press effectively, that's their Achille's heel.

tuesday night starts the run to the district title for every team in the district but there can only be one winner in the end. harpeth plays waverly in a game featuring two teams that are just starting to play their best ball of the year. stewart co. plays cheatham co. in a game between two teams that desperately need a victory. fairview and montgomery central meet in a matchup of teams that want to prove they are contenders in the district and not just early season pretenders. should make for a great night of district battles!

tuesday night starts the run to the district title for every team in the district but there can only be one winner in the end. harpeth plays waverly in a game featuring two teams that are just starting to play their best ball of the year. stewart co. plays cheatham co. in a game between two teams that desperately need a victory. fairview and montgomery central meet in a matchup of teams that want to prove they are contenders in the district and not just early season pretenders. should make for a great night of district battles!

amen to that, but where are the sycamore war eagles at, either way tigers vs. the indians should be a good game, my pick is tigers win 61-57 in a very close one, it may be closer, but i believe that ben leonoard is gonna have a great game, and i also believe that Cody Gilbert got a christmas present: breaking out of his shooting slump, any ways go tigers.

Harpeth is really coming together at the right time heading into the heart of their District schedule. They gave West Tennessee Bolton all they could handle losing by 2 pts in the Williamson County Tournament and defeated Creek Wood on the road by 13. As long as they play their game and don't have any letdowns, they are going to be hard to beat. They are in a groove with many guys playing very well showing some excellent chemistry. Take nothing away from Waverly because they are also playing well, but I'll take Harpeth convincingly at home in this one.