1.) Creek Wood (3-0)

2.) Sycamore (3-1)

3.) Fairview (2-1)

4.) Montgomery Central (2-1)

5.) Harpeth (1-1)

6.) Waverly (1-2)

7.) Cheatham Co. (0-3)

7.) Stewart Co. (0-3)

harpeth has played the likes of station camp and livingston academy out of the district. they fell in a tight road game at sycamore but rebounded to even their mark at home over cheatham co. with their early start the jury is still out on how they fare when compared to past harpeth teams.

I think the jury is about to come to a conclusion. This year's Harpeth team is very young, inexperienced, but will only get better. Compared to past Harpeth teams there really are none. Wilson has been able to use experience and is used to having a height advantage in the past, and this years team lacks both. In a couple of years they will be very dominant. But this year and maybe next they will not be the usual Harpeth team people are used to seeing. I do think they will still be competitive in this district, but it will be tough winning it.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right about Harpeth not being the usual Harpeth team, but I do think the starting unit of this year's edition has the athleticism (minus the height) to finish at the top. Caruthers is carrying the early load and Jones and Horkins really haven't gotten their offensive games going yet on a consistent basis, but both can have big nights. Crowe has been inconsistent, and Dansby needs a little more time and will find his groove. McMullin will be a scoring factor as they move into the heart of their schedule.

Thus far Harpeth is playing to the level of the competition to some degree instead of rising up every night. This team has good quickness on the floor.......just not the height or the heart of teams past. It's still early for this group. The district games in January will determine where they land. I do believe the talent is there to finish at the top....whether they do or not remains to be seen. Coach is pretty good at getting them dialed in at mid season. Right now, CW is the team to beat.

I don't know how much you learn about a team in November and December. Harpeth typically schedules a strong out of district schedule and plays in some Thanksgiving and Christmas tournaments to work on their game and get ready for district. Their record is never anything to write home about before January, but it lays ground work for the district season and padding the overall record is not going to help you get into the post season.

This team reminds me of the year after Shane Dansby left when R.D. was a senior. Their record wasn't all that great, but they laid some groundwork for the next 2 or 3 years and some of those young guys grew up a lot that season.

the tigers will rebound vs. Camden. Then they could possibly pull it out vs. the DC Cougars (unfortunately i kinda don't think they will pull it out but its possibly) then they should have a good game vs. perry Co. Then comes the disappointed Stewart Co. Rebels, and that will help us get back into the race. Then comes the Harpeth Indians and that should be a very interesting game. Worst case senarios: next 5 games : 3-2 After the harpeth game i they could possibly be 7-3 by that time, but only time will tell we will seee how good waverly really is in about 3 weeks when they play both harpeth and sycamore back-to-back. we will see. Go sandwiche

Then comes the disappointed Stewart Co. Rebels, and that will help us get back into the race.

Don't count out SC Rebels yet. They are still getting things in with the new coach and played by far their best game against Sycamore. They are only 0-3 in the district with 11 more games. Just because Waverly won by 20+ doesn't mean it wasn't a close game. SC was only down 3 at half and 6 with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd. SC has a big game at Fairview tomorrow night. Good luck SC.

Don't count out SC Rebels yet. They are still getting things in with the new coach and played by far their best game against Sycamore. They are only 0-3 in the district with 11 more games. Just because Waverly won by 20+ doesn't mean it wasn't a close game. SC was only down 3 at half and 6 with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd. SC has a big game at Fairview tomorrow night. Good luck SC.

i agree i'm not counting out stewart co. i'm just saying so far they are disappointing to the district so far, but so is wavo for now. but we will see soon enough

two games in the district tonight: MC at CW and SC at Fairview

thoughts on the games?

I personally think CW will beat MC by 20+ after seeing MC play already. I have not seen CW play, but from all the reports on here they are the much better team.

I will go with Fairview over SC tonight. With SC still trying to get used to the new coaches and Fairview playing pretty good now makes me lean towards Fairview in this one.

two games in the district tonight: MC at CW and SC at Fairview

thoughts on the games?

I personally think CW will beat MC by 20+ after seeing MC play already. I have not seen CW play, but from all the reports on here they are the much better team.

I will go with Fairview over SC tonight. With SC still trying to get used to the new coaches and Fairview playing pretty good now makes me lean towards Fairview in this one.

No MC at CW game tonight. MC's final exams got pushed back due to snow and they are not allowed to play the night before a final. Game will be played Sat Jan 10.

since the CW-MC game was pushed back until January, I got to go see SC at Fairview. Not much of a game from the SC side of things. they were never in it as Fairview crusied to a 20+ point vicotry. Fairview looked impressive and pretty much did anyhting they wanted to against SC 2-3 and 1-3-1 zone. it was all but over by the time SC decided to play man to man. I was disappointed as i thought this would be a better game then it was.

Harpeth was represented today on the tube. Wofford got beat on a prayer of a 3 pointer by Georgia in OT. Kevin Giltner played about 15 minutes I'd say and knocked down at least a couple of free throws. I didn't see all of it. Shane Dansby had 12 points and 9 rebounds as Belmont lost to Tennessee today by 2.

Good job Harpeth grads!