Pay for Parking?

Breakem23

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you went to watch a game at Notre Dame. Private Schools

All schools under TSSAA rule should be forced to use the same By-Laws.

All teams and or schools should have to follow the same set of By-Laws

but that is not the way it is. Private schools can charge to park but

public can not all they can do is ask. But yet public and private are is the same region so

we are forced to pay. Fairness you say, but such is life, all we can do is deal with it.

I have been to several football games this year, some have signs with a dollar amount on them, and then write in small words "donation"....I went to one game, and they said I HAD to pay to park....Doesnt the TSSAA have a rule against this?

East Ridge has been charging for years as has McMinn County and Soddy Daisy and a few other public schools I have been to. It is usually the band or ROTC or some other organization on campus and, just like car washes, it has to be a "donation" because they cannot "require" a set amount. Get off the private bashing and get over it.

I have no problem with paying for parking as long as the money goes to one of the schools organizations or booster clubs. I also encourage my friends to buy concessions from one of these organizations because it's for the kids and their many needs.

Just wondering, if you pay for parking are they responsible for theft or vandalizing?

Sorry to change subject, but we've had a few school charge admission to JV games also. These are games which have the Coaching staffs are on the field and usually a continious clock running. Often they don't even offer concessions. I know Community, Huntland, and MTCS have charged us over the past three years and their may of been others. We've never charged for a JV game. Is that the norm for most schools?