FCS @ Gordonsville

commanderfan

True, true and true. We better be ready. G'ville will be gunnin for us. I don't think....and I certainly hope....no one is looking past this week. The starters only played a little into the second quarter and by the middle of the fourth, our eighth graders were playing. We better get ready.

On a side note, I can't believe no one has had anything to say about our GIRL kicker. Figured that would get a rise out of some.

For one, I'm glad to see it. If she wants to play & can ( obviously she can ), then let her play.

Glad to see the coach will give her a shot. TC had one girl. WR, a couple of years ago, on the

JV team, never let her play, even when the game was well in hand, except, one play at DB,

which she knew nothing about, to discourage her. If you're not going to let 'em play, don't put

them on the team. Ridiculous!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this season we are a little out matched. if our coaching staff can get the tackling worked out we can make a game of it and have a little something to hang our hats on. the tigers will play with pride. i love my old team and will not count them out till the last second ticks of the clock on game night. good luck to all who plays in this game and let sportsmanship reign supreme.

For one, I'm glad to see it. If she wants to play & can ( obviously she can ), then let her play.

Glad to see the coach will give her a shot. TC had one girl. WR, a couple of years ago, on the

JV team, never let her play, even when the game was well in hand, except, one play at DB,

which she knew nothing about, to discourage her. If you're not going to let 'em play, don't put

them on the team. Ridiculous!

I've coached a few girls on pee wee teams, but at that age, it's easier for girls than in high school.

But, if a girl can play a position and be good at it, I say let her play.

IMO, if she has pads on, she shouldn't be looked at as a girl, but a football player.

this season we are a little out matched. if our coaching staff can get the tackling worked out we can make a game of it and have a little something to hang our hats on. the tigers will play with pride. i love my old team and will not count them out till the last second ticks of the clock on game night. good luck to all who plays in this game and let sportsmanship reign supreme.

Agreed.

You're right again Croz, just because she's a girl doesn't mean she isn't a potential threat in any game. She can take a hit just like the guys I'm betting, or least be prepared to.

Personally I never cared for girls playing on boys teams, some boys find it hard to look past the girl and see a player and maybe take it too easy on them. That absolutely should not be the case. Girls on a football field come ready to play and prove their point.

If the Tigers want it bad enough they can head to head with FC most of the night. The want to has to be there.

Good seeing Coach Marshall in Jamestown Saturday ... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tigers 16 FC 14

Go Tigers !! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

if she can put points on the board let her play. points are points no matter how they are got.

i will not knock her she may kill us friday night.

If FCS is fortunate enough to win this game Friday night against an always proud and tough G-ville team it'll be because of the Guys who have worked their tails off in the weight room and the practice field and who have bonded together as a team. The guys are 7 - 0 right now. The young lady has kicked 3 or 4 times in games that were already well decided.

I'm expecting a battle Friday night.

If FCS is fortunate enough to win this game Friday night against an always proud and tough G-ville team it'll be because of the Guys who have worked their tails off in the weight room and the practice field and who have bonded together as a team. The guys are 7 - 0 right now. The young lady has kicked 3 or 4 times in games that were already well decided.

I'm expecting a battle Friday night.

she has kicked like 4 for 5 on pat's and 1 for 2 on field goals and the games she played in were already won she might not step on the field but she sure does have a good leg and is probably the best kicker we have if she can be accurate

On a side note, I can't believe no one has had anything to say about our GIRL kicker. Figured that would get a rise out of some.

What do you mean by "rise"?????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good Luck again this week for Gordonsville. I find it to be a great coaching job by Marshall & Co. to have this Tigers bunch in the position in which they are as far as the race to the playoffs is concerned.

FCS players and coaches are going to love watching Cody Woodmore & Brady Hearn from Gordonsville play football. Both of them are warriors!!!!

she has kicked like 4 for 5 on pat's and 1 for 2 on field goals and the games she played in were already won she might not step on the field but she sure does have a good leg and is probably the best kicker we have if she can be accurate

You said she has only kicked 5 pat's and 2 field goals. Where was the female kicker at the beginning of the year? Did Friendship not have a kicker and of they did what happened to make FCA just now start using her?

You said she has only kicked 5 pat's and 2 field goals. Where was the female kicker at the beginning of the year? Did Friendship not have a kicker and of they did what happened to make FCA just now start using her?

No, we have a couple of young guys that are doing a fine job of kicking this year. I think they were both soccer players and are trying to work on being good football kickers now. They are working hard and they'll get there.

The young lady has appeared in 2 games I think. Not real sure how it all came about. I don't know if they have any intentions of sending her out there against teams like Gordonsville, Trousdale, or South Pitt.

What gets lost in all this is that the guys are playing pretty good football right now with their toughest games coming up.

We did have 2 kickers and still do. The Crockett kid kicks the pat's and the Self kid kicks off. Neither have ever played before this year. I think NcNeal had ask Camile Cross last year to think about kicking this year. I think he brought her on the team to motivate the other 2 kickers we have. The Self kid has added about 8-10 yds on his kick offs......The Crockett kid can kick pat's all day BUT is slow to say the least. Cross can boot them from 35+ and has the soccer style kick. She is an athlete in soccer and softball. That whole Cross family is athlectic. Their dad Corky was an awesome player at LHS in the 71-75 yrs.

This will be a good game and I see Gordonsville playing us tough....the GREEN team should win this but only by 7. I think Maasen will open it up Friday night and show he has the arm. Teeter will be his favorite target.