FCS @ Gordonsville

commanderfan

You know what's real weird is that there's no SMASH talk going on in this big week of cross town rivals. I think both teams know it go go either way tonight BUT that we both are behind the Trousdale Yellowjackets. I really think they are way above both our teams at this point. They still have to come to PossunTown next week but I think we would have to play our A game and hope they didn't and are overlooking us to say the least.....BUT I guess that's why they play'em on Friday Nights Under the Lights!!!!!!

GO BIG GREEN

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we have a couple of young guys that are doing a fine job of kicking this year. I think they were both soccer players and are trying to work on being good football kickers now. They are working hard and they'll get there.

The young lady has appeared in 2 games I think. Not real sure how it all came about. I don't know if they have any intentions of sending her out there against teams like Gordonsville, Trousdale, or South Pitt.

What gets lost in all this is that the guys are playing pretty good football right now with their toughest games coming up.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I agree the guys are playing good right now. But at this point in the year its going to come down to some close games and extra points or being able to kick field goals wins you some games. I think coach mcneal just trying to keep his options open . I dont care if shes a girl or not .If she is my best chance at winning thats what i want. Hey i will take a one point win over GV, TC, SP any day if that is how it plays out. Granted not one person makes the team . So dont worry about it just keep playing good football and hope we are there at the end. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

We did have 2 kickers and still do. The Crockett kid kicks the pat's and the Self kid kicks off. Neither have ever played before this year. I think NcNeal had ask Camile Cross last year to think about kicking this year. I think he brought her on the team to motivate the other 2 kickers we have. The Self kid has added about 8-10 yds on his kick offs......The Crockett kid can kick pat's all day BUT is slow to say the least. Cross can boot them from 35+ and has the soccer style kick. She is an athlete in soccer and softball. That whole Cross family is athlectic. Their dad Corky was an awesome player at LHS in the 71-75 yrs.

This will be a good game and I see Gordonsville playing us tough....the GREEN team should win this but only by 7. I think Maasen will open it up Friday night and show he has the arm. Teeter will be his favorite target.

Camile Cross wouldn't happen to have a sister named Cortney Cross would she? If so I think I attended Lipscomb U. my freshmen year with her sister.

Yep, she's the youngest of the four Cross sisters. Courtney went to Lipscomb, Candice played softball and ran X-country at Union, No. 3 was a cheerleader and Camille is No. 4 -- outstanding in softball and soccer. Their dad was an option QB at Lebanon and played college basketball at Belmont.

Yep, she's the youngest of the four Cross sisters. Courtney went to Lipscomb, Candice played softball and ran X-country at Union, No. 3 was a cheerleader and Camille is No. 4 -- outstanding in softball and soccer. Their dad was an option QB at Lebanon and played college basketball at Belmont.

well, the only one I have ever met, though briefly, is Courtney and dare I say she is FREAKING HOTT!!!

FC better get raedy for the trap thats all i got to say

good luck to G'ville

Hey fury...

Are you talking about the trap the G-Men have set for FCS by going 3-4 with the 3 wins coming against teams that are a combined 3-18, thus lulling the Commanders into a false sense of security heading into the week 8 contest,...

or a particular play, (E.G.) "The Wingback Trap"?

Or were you serious when you wrote "thats all i got to say"?

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I look for Gville to be able to contend in this game better than a lot of people think.

These youngsters have grown up a lot this year.

All Gville has to do is win one more game barring no upsets elsewhere in the region. Which is more than a lot of people expected this year.

Trust me. The Commanders are not taking this game lightly. Everybody knows it won't be a gimme.

I look for Gville to be able to contend in this game better than a lot of people think.

These youngsters have grown up a lot this year.

All Gville has to do is win one more game barring no upsets elsewhere in the region. Which is more than a lot of people expected this year.

Could very well be right. The game will be played on grass, not on paper. Seasons' not

over yet either. Go Tigers!!