FCS @ Gordonsville

commanderfan

For those of you that don't know, Gville's Jr. High won their conference championship Saturday.

They went 9-0 on the season.

Some of the FC fans should be able to appreciate since they tied in a scrimmage.

I know FC always fields a good Jr. High Team, so I'm hoping that means alot of good football is going to be played between these schools in the future.

Oh, and for what it's worth, Watertown had a pretty good jr. high team this year as well.

I think they ended with one loss and it was to Gville by 8.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know FC always fields a good Jr. High Team, so I'm hoping that means alot of good football is going to be played between these schools in the future.

Same here on the good games in the future. The past several meetings between these two have made for some hard hitting, classic HS football. Sometimes it gets a little heated. That's to be expected.

Personally, I hope this region isn't torn apart by next years changes. HS football will always be good to go watch, but there's some great games been played in this region, especially since TC has returned.

Same here on the good games in the future. The past several meetings between these two have made for some hard hitting, classic HS football. Sometimes it gets a little heated. That's to be expected.

Personally, I hope this region isn't torn apart by next years changes. HS football will always be good to go watch, but there's some great games been played in this region, especially since TC has returned.

i agree

For those of you that don't know, Gville's Jr. High won their conference championship Saturday.

They went 9-0 on the season.

Some of the FC fans should be able to appreciate since they tied in a scrimmage.

Oh, and for what it's worth, Watertown had a pretty good jr. high team this year as well.

I think they ended with one loss and it was to Gville by 8.

Congrats Croz on your jr. tigers great season. It appears that program is well on its way to returning to glory. I know you guys also played TC's jr. high this season. How did they compare to H2Otown's team? The amazing thing I see with most of this region's jr. high programs is the increasing number of players. I think FC had approximately 35 players on this years jr. high and from watching your team I thought they had similar numbers if not more. I know Watertown's numbers are up as well. Pretty significant for 1A jr. high programs.

Sounds like future games should be great entertainment for all of us watching.

We'll see you Friday night. I hope our team realizes this week's game is just as important as next!

Congrats Croz on your jr. tigers great season. It appears that program is well on its way to returning to glory. I know you guys also played TC's jr. high this season. How did they compare to H2Otown's team? The amazing thing I see with most of this region's jr. high programs is the increasing number of players. I think FC had approximately 35 players on this years jr. high and from watching your team I thought they had similar numbers if not more. I know Watertown's numbers are up as well. Pretty significant for 1A jr. high programs.

Sounds like future games should be great entertainment for all of us watching.

We'll see you Friday night. I hope our team realizes this week's game is just as important as next!

i agree with you on that . Friendship needs this game to carry momentum into the tc game. i believe your game with them will be a barn burner. GHS needs this one to build on. this would be a huge win for our program to improve on. honestly speaking we are at least on season away from being a contender once again. even though we are getting better each and every week, we are still on the learning curve. i think if we play our kind of ball we can make a respectable showing. but in the end Friendships more experienced ,seasoned team will show through in the end. i wish my tigers and you also a great game and a wonderful rest of the season. good luck to all!!!

GHS needs this one to build on. this would be a huge win for our program to improve on.

I agree with that one. A G-ville win over FCS would make up for the early losses and make a statement that y'all are right back on course. Plus a win over FCS is always good, right?

FCS has to ready to play and can't look passed this Friday night. I think the players understand that. I think that Watertown was the wake up call.

throw out the records! This could be a battle!

According the the amazing articles in this week's Carthage Courier there were thirty two eighth grade players and twenty seventh graders. You can access this online at the Carthage Courier online site.

Go Tigers !!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Gametime is getting closer.

I think Gordonsville's win last week makes this game a little more interesting.

They didn't beat Monterey as handily as FC, but the way they played in the second half, especially on the defensive side of the ball, could hopefully carry over to this week.

Gville has put themselves in good position to make the playoffs.

A loss to FC won't really hurt or help in the grand scheme of things, but a win would really help.

friendship is definitely not underestimating the tigers thats for sure mcneal has them out practicing twice a day. and the whole thing about the girl kicker is that mcneal asked her to kick last year but she didnt and this year is her senior year and she wants it to be memorable and plus she is a very good kicker we have 2 sophomores that kick and they are pretty good but camille can straight up boot the ball i really dont expect her to come out and kick in a big game. it will be a good game and we all know the tigers will put up a fight but the commanders are playin for blood this year after losing to them last year /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> im lookin forward to the drive to carthage ill see ya friday night?  /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

im lookin forward to the drive to carthage ill see ya friday night?  /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Folks from Gordonsville...

If I'm not mistaken, many years ago Carthage was strictly North of the river, South Carthage was between the river and I-40, and Gordonsville was South of the interstate. Is this still the case, or does Gordonsville go North of 40 now?