South Doyle Cherokees

waterboy6345

Just wanted to say thanks Clark Duncan for hiring and keeping Coach Hutchins, best decision you have ever made. This decision has really reflected your care and concern, for your High School. A special thanks to Coach Hutchins for staying the past 5 years, what would we have done if you had left. What we would do without the foul language, the consistent losing, lack of respect for players, parents, and community, the relationship between you and the refs, it brings tears to my eyes every game. The great play calling, wow nothing like a 4th and inches you call the shot gun what a genius!! Gosh don't get me started about the 2 plays the team runs every game, you have coached them well. You also have one of the best conditioning programs I have ever seen. Some of you linemen can almost play a whole game without sitting down on the field. I really could go on for days about what a wonderful Coach you are. I know you've got the Maryville game coming up that should be a real barn burner, after all you know the secret to beating them. Oh yeah don't worry about not making the playoffs again, who needs them anyway. My only hope is that someday your children will have a coach just like you! Best of luck for the rest of the season and I can't wait until next year!! Thanks again to the South Doyle Admistration for keeping him around /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say thanks Clark Duncan for hiring and keeping Coach Hutchins, best decision you have ever made. This decision has really reflected your care and concern, for your High School. A special thanks to Coach Hutchins for staying the past 5 years, what would we have done if you had left. What we would do without the foul language, the consistent losing, lack of respect for players, parents, and community, the relationship between you and the refs, it brings tears to my eyes every game. The great play calling, wow nothing like a 4th and inches you call the shot gun what a genius!! Gosh don't get me started about the 2 plays the team runs every game, you have coached them well. You also have one of the best conditioning programs I have ever seen. Some of you linemen can almost play a whole game without sitting down on the field. I really could go on for days about what a wonderful Coach you are. I know you've got the Maryville game coming up that should be a real barn burner, after all you know the secret to beating them. Oh yeah don't worry about not making the playoffs again, who needs them anyway. My only hope is that someday your children will have a coach just like you! Best of luck for the rest of the season and I can't wait until next year!! Thanks again to the South Doyle Admistration for keeping him around /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Wow, sounds like things at SD are unraveling a bit. If the coach is using foul language, the AD should put a stop to it. I would not appreciate my kid being coached that way. Maybe LC can pick up a win vs. SD in a couple of weeks.

the loss of OJ Moore really hurt SD...

Not to be a smart A, but if your son has never heard a cuss word, then he is very sheltered. If he is in high school, even middle school, he has heard them.

True my son has heard alot of cussing I just don't think he should have to hear it from his teacher, and his coach. After all he is supposed to be a role model.

I grew up around cussing, I am not affected in a bad way. They are just words that have been labeled taboo, so what if he hears them. If your, coach is not teaching the guys the right way to play, and/or not putting your team in a position to win, then he should go.

So what is the coach teaching these young men by cussing at them? That it's o.k. to be talked to that way as well as talk to others that way. Sorry dude, not sure who you played for but I have to completely disagree that it's o.k. for coache's to cuss at their players.

As stated earlier, there is a difference between cussing outloud and cussing a player. Some of the greatest Coaches of all time were known to use a few at selected times: Bear Bryant, Johnny Majors, Joe Paterno, Steve Spurrier are just a few that I have heard use a few curse words.

There are also some very successful coaches that do not use curse words. Bud Grant, was one. My Coach at Maryville College, Phil Wilks, would not allow his coaches to use foul language.

It really depends on the coach and the players. Also geography has a little to do with it. I know in the North and Eastern USA, the words considered "cuss" words in the South are used more frequently.

SPEAK YOUR MIND BROTHER!