Lake County vs South Fulton

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us on here that has seen Lake County & South Fulton kinda knew how this game was going to end.

I thought the score would be a little closer than this.

Looks like the Red Devils couldn't rebound after getting their first loss of the year from Union City.

Now 0 and 2 in the last two games, McKenzie will beat South Fulton worse than 40 - 0.

McKenzie will score at will and anytime they want on the Red Devils.

Right now, Lake County and McKenzie are playing pretty good football with the playoffs right around the corner.

Then there is Union City where tonight played a pretty good game and could have score at least one more T D but took a knee on the 10 yard line.

Union City played subs most of the second half.

South Fulton should get in as the 4th place team.

Lake Co. was in complete control of the game from the beginning. Led 21 to 0 after first qtr. Lake Co. rushed for 293 and passed for 193. SF was held to 84 yards rushing and 21 yards passing. SF looked like they were well coached. They have improved but have not turned the corner yet. I think there coach wiill get them there in a few years. They have Gleason and Mckenzie to play and I do not think that they will win those games. I look for UC,Mckenzie,LC, and Gleason to make the playoff's.

Lake Co. was in complete control of the game from the beginning. Led 21 to 0 after first qtr. Lake Co. rushed for 293 and passed for 193. SF was held to 84 yards rushing and 21 yards passing. SF looked like they were well coached. They have improved but have not turned the corner yet. I think there coach wiill get them there in a few years. They have Gleason and Mckenzie to play and I do not think that they will win those games. I look for UC,Mckenzie,LC, and Gleason to make the playoff's.

I think you are the only one that has even mentioned Gleason and the post season....I agree

Any score on this one?

Lake County 40 South Fulton 0

As for the Purple Haze also known as P&G I still say that we have improved on defense based on what I have seen with my own eyes from actually attending our games. You seem to think, here lately anyway, that you know it all. However as has always been the case you don't know it all. Sometimes you should listen, even You can learn something from time to time especially when one person is an eyewitness and you are speculating all over the place.

You said that you would be able to tell something about whether Lake County's defense had improved based on the outcome of tonight's game with South Fulton tonight. I submit however that you still can't tell because you have again not been eyewitness to Lake County's games since they played UC. We could have lost 40 to 0 and still have been improving on defense in some phase of it. Or vice versa won 40 to 0 as we did and maybe not have improved on defense in any phase. You and noone else can look at stats of one, two or three games and get the whole picture of what is actually going on with a team's development. I would not dare to try and tell you how good or bad UC is playing based on the scores and stats that I have read that they are putting up. I only KNOW about things that I have seen, everything else is speculation on anyones part. You may get it right sometimes but if you do it is actually just dumb cluck....I mean luck. GET IT???........... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lake County 40 South Fulton 0

As for the Purple Haze also known as P&G I still say that we have improved on defense based on what I have seen with my own eyes from actually attending our games. You seem to think, here lately anyway, that you know it all. However as has always been the case you don't know it all. Sometimes you should listen, even You can learn something from time to time especially when one person is an eyewitness and you are speculating all over the place.

You said that you would be able to tell something about whether Lake County's defense had improved based on the outcome of tonight's game with South Fulton tonight. I submit however that you still can't tell because you have again not been eyewitness to Lake County's games since they played UC. We could have lost 40 to 0 and still have been improving on defense in some phase of it. Or vice versa won 40 to 0 as we did and maybe not have improved on defense in any phase. You and noone else can look at stats of one, two or three games and get the whole picture of what is actually going on with a team's development. I would not dare to try and tell you how good or bad UC is playing based on the scores and stats that I have read that they are putting up. I only KNOW about things that I have seen, everything else is speculation on anyones part. You may get it right sometimes but if you do it is actually just dumb cluck....I mean luck. GET IT???........... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

speller...Never have I thought I knew it all..You will not ever find that in any of my posts....What you will find is opinions based on hard numbers...You do not see that often on here and it may come across as someone thinking they know it all....I observe,I listen and I form opinions..Not every person on this website is going to agree...There are some regular posters on here that follow Union City sports that won't agree with some of my opinions...But you know what??..So be it...Some of those folks won't look at things realistically....Never once on here during football season have I said Union City is the best thing going,unbeatable...Yada,Yada,Yada...During the summer I stated on numerous occasions that McKenzie was the team to beat this year..I have picked every single game Union City has played this year right...Including picking Westview over UC in the season opener....Now,during basketball season it was a different animal...I was certain UC would win the state championship and that MJ Brown would win Mr Basketball again...I never in my wildest dreams thought they would go 37-0..But,hey,icing on the cake I guess...I know people didn't like that I put those thoughts in front of their face all of last year....But again this is a fan-based web-site full of people supporting their teams...Nothing at all wrong with that...Really,the only time in the last three years or so that I was totally shocked in an outcome of a game was when UC lost to Humboldt in the region semis two years ago down in Atwood...

Back to football...My only point was that you were saying that LC had improved the last two weeks albeit being against two teams that are now 0-16 combined...two teams that have scored 111 points between them and given up 617 points...I think you can see where I would question that...But as you saw in my earlier post I admitted to you that LC is getting better...Not maybe getting better,not possibly getting better,not may be getting better BUT....No,I said they are getting better,no doubt about it...South Fulton is a more quality opponent,they are far better coached than the two previous teams on your schedule and LC beating them on the road AND shutting them out is an accomplishment..Much more of an accomplishment than beating the the two teams you described yourself as woeful....

Did I pick this game right??...No..But I didn't waffle or flip-flop or ride the fence..I put out a prediction..It was wrong..Won't be the last one....Actually,I almost picked LC for the simple reason,I was asking myself how this SF team would react to a loss..I posted earlier in the week that the question would be if SF would roll up their sleeves and go to work or would they revert to the bad ole days of Red Devil football....I think we got our answer tonite didn't we??..Football is not a complicated game...If you want to micro-analyze LC's progress in the West Carroll/Bruceton games I guess you could submit to me that what you saw was the players lining up better,getting in better stances,getting in a football position,wrapping up better,coaches scheming better...Things like that..What they did tonite was a heckuva lot more impressive than shutting out those two previous opponents...

Congrats to the Falcons as it looks very possible now they will play their way into the playoffs...

Lake Co really didn't show much tonight as far as what many call back yard ball..Probably didn't throw but about 14 times and wasn't really much razzle dazzle ...Mostly short passes that led to big yardage..I don't remember Lake Co punting even 1 time tonight and was on the 4 yard line with about 40 seconds left in the first half..didn't call a time out for about 25 seconds and ended up letting the clock get close to zero and threw a pass into the end zone that was intercepted..Had there been more time..probably could have run it in..And at the end of the game with the clock running and the mercy rule in effect..Lake Co looked to be around the 10 yard line with a little over a minute left and took a delay of penalty and just let the clock run out..Lake Co just had too much speed..Could have very easily been about 54-0...Carlos Young,and Dominic Kimble both had great games as well as Trevor Blythe and the freshman Ricky Boyd..Congrats to Lake Co and good luck to South Fulton the next two games...Lake Co still has a chance to get 2nd place with a win over McKenzie and Greenfield!

I think you are the only one that has even mentioned Gleason and the post season....I agree

I've been saying all along that all South Fulton had to do was win one more game to get in..but there was a great chance even before they lost to Union City that South Fulton may stay home and Lake Co and Gleason both get in..That South Fulton could lose their next four games..Gleason has a fine football team and just like Lake Co the past 3 weeks..seem to be getting better at the right time..Several people had South Fulton 3rd so tonight was a big game for Lake Co..Had they lost ..Lake Co was probably out..But they still need probably at least one more win ..Beat McKenzie and Lake Co has a great chance of taking 2nd place...And with Lake Co's speed and offense..if the defense plays well..Lake Co has a great chance..South Fulton needs to take 1 more game..The last game against Gleason will probably put 1 of them in and the loser out!But then again..if Lake Co loses to both McKenzie and Greenfield..will get very interesting!

I don't think Lake Co or South Fulton either one turned the ball over much tonight..I remember one interception by each team..Don't think either team lost a fumble so the game was dominated by Lake Co..not because of turnovers,etc..Just curious..based on what South Fulton saw tonight..how did Lake Co look compared to the other teams you've played...I said I wasn't going to bad mouth or trash South Fulton if Lake Co won and it was just Lake Co's night..South Fulton..You can still make the playoffs...Just have to win 1 of the two remaining games..And both have excellent teams..Have to shake tonight's loss off and get back on track..Good luck the next two games!