MJCS@Trousdale

slimshady

It's not that the people on here hate LCA or private schools in general.

LCA has a couple of posters on here that don't see LCA as they are. Like you said, they're at the upper end of the weaker teams in TN.

One, in particular, (Graider)has mentioned how "bad" a few teams in Region 4-1A are, and people responded.

He's almost as bad as that Scottsboro fellow. OK, he's not that bad, but he's the one that got all this started.

All I did was bring up the current records and point out that there are two or three good teams in that region, not 5 or 6 like another poster suggested. I have seen all of the teams in that region play. Thank God I am in 5A now. It is the fan base of some of those teams that is dillusional. When you get mad at me, just pop in varsity blues or Friday Night lights since you can't actually relive the glory days when your team actually had a chance to win that region, drink some sweet tea and relax.

For the record, I know LCA would not win that region, I know they would take some lumps, would they get blown out every week....NO. The games against most LIKE G'Ville would be competitive. Not bad for a school that has 1/4 to 1/3 the enrollment of those schools. I tell you what...from now on I will come on here and start my post with WHOOOO HOOOOO G'VILLE IS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER or really any other school that hasn't won anything since Clinton inhaled. That way I can be just as dillusional. TC and FCS dominate that region, the rest are average at best with the bottom two or three being terrible!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I did was bring up the current records and point out that there are two or three good teams in that region, not 5 or 6 like another poster suggested. I have seen all of the teams in that region play. Thank God I am in 5A now. It is the fan base of some of those teams that is dillusional. When you get mad at me, just pop in varsity blues or Friday Night lights since you can't actually relive the glory days when your team actually had a chance to win that region, drink some sweet tea and relax.

For the record, I know LCA would not win that region, I know they would take some lumps, would they get blown out every week....NO. The games against most LIKE G'Ville would be competitive. Not bad for a school that has 1/4 to 1/3 the enrollment of those schools. I tell you what...from now on I will come on here and start my post with WHOOOO HOOOOO G'VILLE IS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER or really any other school that hasn't won anything since Clinton inhaled. That way I can be just as dillusional. TC and FCS dominate that region, the rest are average at best with the bottom two or three being terrible!

FYI, Gville won the region last year. And as far as player's age. LCA has an older team than Gville. You have twice as many seniors that are playing.

Plus, no one in here is disillusional, most years Region 4 is the best in the state with the exception of MJCA and RBS.

FYI, Gville won the region last year. And as far as player's age. LCA has an older team than Gville. You have twice as many seniors that are playing.

Plus, no one in here is disillusional, most years Region 4 is the best in the state with the exception of MJCA and RBS.

Also for the record...I am not a coach, player, or employee of LCA. I have friends there and that is all. I also disagree with region 4 being the best in football. They may have the best team but not the toughest region. TC beating everyone by 40 is hardly competitive. That's why FCS got beat in the championship game, they played half decent to poor teams all year and then played a tough team and lost.

That's why FCS got beat in the championship game, they played half decent to poor teams all year and then played a tough team and lost.

graider...

This is our silver ball. We went 14-1, and lost by 6 points to get it. We are working hard at trying to get us a gold one.

Look at it. Copy and paste it.

It's the closest you're going to get to one.

Also for the record...I am not a coach, player, or employee of LCA. I have friends there and that is all. I also disagree with region 4 being the best in football. They may have the best team but not the toughest region. TC beating everyone by 40 is hardly competitive. That's why FCS got beat in the championship game, they played half decent to poor teams all year and then played a tough team and lost.

So in your opinion which region in 1A is the toughest and why?

graider...

This is our silver ball. We went 14-1, and lost by 6 points to get it. We are working hard at trying to get us a gold one.

Look at it. Copy and paste it.

It's the closest you're going to get to one.

Just curious: Did FC give any thought to going over to Div 2? Some of the pvts. who stayed in Div 1 (CPA & NCS for example) was kind of surprising to me.

G'Ville may win, but they would not run roughshod over LCA. Have you ever seen LCA play? Lots fo folks come on here and criticize LCA but really don't know a thing about the program. LCA would welcome tougher competition, they never dreamed that they would dominate those teams. They only wanted to be able to compete. Also, unless my info was incorrect, was MJCA leading G'ville at halftime 14-13? Oh and another note dealing with this particular thread, yes the Mt. Juliet area is booming but MJCA is run horribly. The administration is weak, especially at the secondary level and is not dedicated to athletics, nor is the church. That school should have built much more than what they currently have. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. In short, MJCA has a horrible athletic reputation, most athletes go to FCS, DCA or Davidson. I feel sorry for the parents who want desperatley to have a solid program but it gives way every year to pridea nad arrogance.

DO you really know anything about MJCA or are you like Murphy Fair who just thinks he knows everything? Those are some pretty strong statements and I would bet most of them are false. Yes, they are clearly out matched in D I and their move to DII, as stated by their AD in the paper and I heard the FB coach say the same the same thing on the radio, was not about athletics. They believe that the opportunity to help students and their families afford a christian college prep education can best be achieved by having some financial aid to offer those who qualify.

I might bet that some of the teams FCS beat during their run to the Blue Cross Bowl were not for them in the game. I would also say that those very teams (Hampton, Temple, Gordonsville x 2, Trousdale Co., Collinwood, Davidson Academy) would take exception to your statement about the Commanders playing half decent to poor teams during their season. Dude, that is a pretty tough schedule. Your statement shows that you don't know what you are talking about or just flat out envious. I usually make it a rule not to reply to stupid comments, but yours was just completely out of bounds.

I didn't say Region 4 was the best in football, just the best in 1A. Many years in the playoffs, Region 4 goes 3-1 against Region 3. You must have not kept up with 1A football long. TC is good every year as is FC, and Gville has been good a long time and their in a rebuilding year. TC lost one senior from last year's team and they are very good this year. There are years when a team is that dominant in every region. As far as FC in 2006, if you'd look at their schedule that year, you would see that they didn't play a bunch of powder puffs like you are implying. Furthermore, if you knew some of the other circumstances with that game, you would know that FC was the better team, just not that day. They lost by only one score and committed six turnovers. It was still a loss, but I thoroughly believe that if they played JCS 10 times that year, they would've won 9 of them.

Also, I can tell that you don't know much about 1A football and the teams involved. So you can get on here and talk down about it all you want, but if you're so glad you're in 5A now, why do you even bother with the 1A threads. Talk down about the 5A regions, they might appreciate you and your football history and knowledge than the 1A fans do.