Greenbrier Vs. Pearl Cohn

FootballAce

As a Greenbrier fan, you won't get me to root against or pick against the Cats. With that said, I do see the flaws in game plans and handing it to Ziegler most of the time won't get the job done when all everyone has done is key on him. I think (or would hope) that Coach Williams and company will come up with game plan that will make the difference here. At home, our fans have to get loud and become the 12th man. As our radio commentators have brought up, the problem with our new stadium is the stands are a little too far off the field and I see more socializing than cheering these boys on. The boys, I'm sure, sense that and it's makes it harder to get that confidence back.

Still, this game will depend on which teams show up. The Greenbrier that played PJP, Portland and Cheatham County, or ones that have played hard but missed the mark? At this point, it's about Greenbrier Pride....the Cats need to come with focus and drive. The coaches need to drill down to the basics and make adjustments when it's not working. And the FANS need to get off their behinds and make some noise.

Let's GO Green Machine. Let's make some noise these last three weeks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to wish Station Camp the best of luck the rest of this year.My neice was in the Homecoming at Macon friday,so i watched Station Camp RUN on Macon County.I hope your not the mom of number 16. He did nothing but RUN his mouth the entire game,the team was better than Macon,without the need of his mouth.For someone like me who only watched 1 game of your's this year, it left a bad impresion of Bison football.TC1

I am not his mom

I said that last week though and got a ton of negative responses from the likes of GreenbrierCat2 & EZBeingGreen. Greenbrier has good/sound football players. They don't have athletic/next level players. I'm not even sure that Ziegler fits the mold because he has proven to be able to be SHUT DOWN by opponents who key on him.

It's not that Greenbrier doesn't have athletic players, we have several that have shown they can play. It's just that Greenbrier will stick to that same gameplan to the bitter end. 3rd and 12, down 21 points in the 3rd quarter - hand it off to #16 up the middle. Can we please try something different if that is just not working?

It's not that Greenbrier doesn't have athletic players, we have several that have shown they can play. It's just that Greenbrier will stick to that same gameplan to the bitter end. 3rd and 12, down 21 points in the 3rd quarter - hand it off to #16 up the middle. Can we please try something different if that is just not working?

I haven't seen Greenbrier play this year, but after watching Pearl Cohn last Friday night at White House, I have to believe the Cats will win this game. PC has no offense at all !!!! The ONLY time they moved the ball for a substantial amount of time was after it was 44-0 and had several back-up players in getting much needed experience.

This is one Blue Devil fan that will be pulling hard for the players and fans in Greenbrier. Take it to 'em.

P.S. When halftime gets there, kick back and enjoy the PC band.....

You and I are on the same page. I think this is part of the disengagement of some of the fans. I've been watching GHS play football for several years and I am beginning to think I can predict the calls. If I can, wonder what the coaches that watch film year after year see? After only four years of playing us, everybody's getting our number. I'm not saying we need new coaches, we just need new ideas and gameplans. The ones in their pockets are not working. I feel sorry for ZZ knowing he's THE target.

You and I are on the same page. I think this is part of the disengagement of some of the fans. I've been watching GHS play football for several years and I am beginning to think I can predict the calls. If I can, wonder what the coaches that watch film year after year see? After only four years of playing us, everybody's getting our number. I'm not saying we need new coaches, we just need new ideas and gameplans. The ones in their pockets are not working. I feel sorry for ZZ knowing he's THE target.

Now you are Vince Lombardi all of the sudden??????

You are a HEAD CASE!!!! Do you know what happens if Greenbrier starts depending on Mason Head, Cody Elder, Trevor Thaxton, and Clint Ford offensively????? Look at the David Lipscomb game. You wouldn't be able to move the football a single inch /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Coach Williams has to get the ball to Ziegler just like he had to get the ball to Herndon a few years ago. The other options just aren't that good.

You sure didn't have a problem when Ziegler was getting the football every play in the games against PJPII, Cheatham Co., Portland, & even DeKalb Co. (the defense had a letdown in this one). You have played 2 very good defenses and both of them shut you down and now it's all COACHING /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

For once...........PLEASE...........GET A FREAKIN' CLUE /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Cats need to be careful at this point not to throw in the towel. I haven't really been around but a few of these players and I don't think they would but I've seen it happen. It doesn't matter whether you're playing for the title or playing to get your first win, you've got to dig down and find that Bobcat pride. You definitely don't want to let Pearl Cohn leave Greenbrier with a victory, Macon will be the LAST home game, and there's never any bigger game to get you fired up than White House.

Pearl Cohn is a team that is tailor made to stop the Wing-T offense. You can run the belly, trap, and weakside iso to death but they are going to have some well coached athletic linebackers hitting it up in there to shut it down. Greenbrier can't run their sweep against the Firebirds. They are entirely too fast on the perimeter. Head is going to have to complete some passes for Greenbrier to have success and I just don't think it happens against the Firebirds.

Offensively the Firebirds are hurting at key positions and Greenbrier's well coached defense can limit them. Pearl Cohn will hit a couple of big plays deep due to their athletic advantage. Outside of that I think Greenbrier can hold their own.

Pearl Cohn: 14

Greenbrier: 7

I look for the Firebirds to score once offensively and once defensively in this one. Ziegler will again find yardage very difficult to come by against the Firebirds defense. Roberts & Fitzgerald are a couple of outstanding linebackers. If you look you'll see that despite their overall record nobody has really just been able to HURT the Firebirds defense by running at them.