Greenbrier Vs. Pearl Cohn

FootballAce

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO: CATFISH Thanks for deleting my last post coacht. As i was saying. There are plenty of other options on the team, and how do u expect a team to win when the other team knows where the balls going before kirk williams does. ziegler is somewhat athletic and obviously fast, but there record shows he cant completely carry the team on his back. Spreading the ball around would definatly help. and from my point of view, from talkin to some of the players hardly anyone wants to play because they all know the other ten people on the field with zz are fighting for him a scholarship. Its all politics and as a GB fan i hope the williams era is almost over. For another example on zz not being able to carry a team, Vandy camp. They threw him the ball 18 out of 20 times and they ended up 2-9. The season isnt over and GB can still be a playoff team, if god willing they beat white house, but coach needs to find a good game plan and decide that winning games is better than zz touching the ball thirty+ times. Past has shown a good defense can completely shut him down. There are other athletes that can pick up the slack. ANY REPLYS? GB fans(other than the williams ziegler clan) know exactly what im talkin about.... Lets Hear it /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Not only that....Greenbrier was 14 - PC 0 by 9:30 left in the first QUARTER.

Great game Cats! You ran away with it.

Good luck to PC the next two weeks. Wish you had brought the band.

Way to go Cats!!!!! Great job last night and the best part ( other than the butt whippeng you handed out) was you didnt have to listen to the band /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Way to go Cats!!!!! Great job last night and the best part ( other than the butt whippeng you handed out) was you didnt have to listen to the band /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually, everybody in the stands around us was kinda disappointed they didn't bring the band with them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

TO: CATFISH Thanks for deleting my last post coacht. As i was saying. There are plenty of other options on the team, and how do u expect a team to win when the other team knows where the balls going before kirk williams does. ziegler is somewhat athletic and obviously fast, but there record shows he cant completely carry the team on his back. Spreading the ball around would definatly help. and from my point of view, from talkin to some of the players hardly anyone wants to play because they all know the other ten people on the field with zz are fighting for him a scholarship. Its all politics and as a GB fan i hope the williams era is almost over. For another example on zz not being able to carry a team, Vandy camp. They threw him the ball 18 out of 20 times and they ended up 2-9. The season isnt over and GB can still be a playoff team, if god willing they beat white house, but coach needs to find a good game plan and decide that winning games is better than zz touching the ball thirty+ times. Past has shown a good defense can completely shut him down. There are other athletes that can pick up the slack. ANY REPLYS? GB fans(other than the williams ziegler clan) know exactly what im talkin about.... Lets Hear it /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It is very political, but I think (unfortunately) that is pretty much the case with any team. All teams have their one standout and that is the one that gets the headlines. Just the way it is. I could say more but I'll leave it alone. I do know there has been college people at the games, and they are not there for #16.

I do agree we could mix it up a little more. Obviously with the lead we had last night there wasn't going to be alot of passing, but I would like to see Greenbrier use the split ends for more than running in the plays and blocking down the field. 8 games into the season and none of those group have a TD.

Actually, everybody in the stands around us was kinda disappointed they didn't bring the band with them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We had enough of them in White House for both of us. It is clear that they are to be used as a distraction than entertainment. Maybe the coach should look to the band for next years team. At least they dont give up in the 4th quarter.

If there are 10 players on the field that don't want to play because another player is getting a lot of carries, then it would probably be best for all involved if they just went ahead and gave it up and let the ones that want to play have a shot. There's no way a team can be successful if there are negative attitudes going throughout the team. A player isn't going to be fired up to beat the other team if he's pouting about how many carries another player gets. It just won't happen. The Wing-T has been a very successful offense for Greenbrier through the past years. But you can't just suddenly say, "tonight were gonna spread the ball out amongst all of our ball carriers just to mix it up and keep everyone happy". Too many things come into play such as the defense you're facing, the players abilities on that defense, your players abilities, etc. You've got to go with whatever option gives you the best percentage chance to move the ball. We don't see what goes on in practice. Don't you think that if Coach Williams had a another player in practice that was absolutely unstoppable that he would be running him as much zz? Look at any team and their best running back gets the majority of the carries. From Junior Pro all the way through NFL. The Greenbrier staff wants to win as bad as any. Coach Williams isn't going to send in a play unless he thinks it's his best option to gain the most yards. It was only 3 years or so ago that this same staff was winning regions , going deep in the playoffs each year, and even going to the state finals. They know how to coach and they've proven that they can be successful. Teams have down years when there's not as many play-makers on the teams and this is one of those years for Greenbrier. Regardless of all of this, the one thing a team doesn't need is someone coming on here and talking about a specific player or coach. There's already attitude problems within the team and players seeing people on here talking about a player or coach is not going to do anything to bring the team together. I've been around a little bit of unsuccessful football and a lot of successful football through the years and I've seen it from both sides.