Sequoyah vs Polk County

dumdum

i agree..

you know i kinda think players need to be a little selfish.. not much just a little... for instance i wanted to win, as does everyone, and i played my best and tried to help as much as i could... but i was out there for me.. sure i liked the coaches and my teammates... but when it came down to it i was there for me.. i worked hard to get what i earned and when i was out there i was trying to get a block made, or make a big run/catch/hit, or just make the next play into a positive one.. but it was for mostly for my own glory... now i am not saying that i was not a team player cause i was.. i mean heck i told coach davis that i had a hard time catching punts and kickoffs cause i didn't have contacts at that time and i was afraid that me being back there could cost the team.. and if someone other than me did good i was happy for them, and if we won i never said it was because of me, and the same if we lost, cause you lose as a team and you win as a team.... and to the stats being mentioned in the paper and stuff, the players use that as motivation to help them do better (at least i know some who did) if they are second on the list then of course they wanna be first and that is somewhat a selfish mentallity but it doesn't hurt to be like that i think.. and like nail07 said not many standouts on this team, which shows that it is spread around the team, which is good...

now congrats to polk on the win at meigs.. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .. i wasn't there but i was kept up-to-date through the game...

i think this will be close the first half as it usually is, but polk has that edge that sequoyah has lacked the last few years.. no blowout though, i say polk in a decent game.. i would also predict just a few more mistakes in this game than average on both sides.. if my memory serves me right then it has been that way the past few meetings..

good luck wildcats get it done!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe #79 and #62 are standouts on defense.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball control, ball control, eat up the clock. If it is a tight game have patients and stick with it. ZERO turnovers. Make Polk drive a long field. No short field change of possessions. Defense must turn everything on the wing T inside. Derrick will be willing to let his defense win the game(wait on Sequoyah to make mistake). Passing downs look for screens. Be very awake on special teams, on-sides, reverses, all out punt block. Who ever can make the other offense impatient and get out of there strong suit along with fewest turnovers wins the game. Key for chiefs is solid defense,patients on offense and turnovers. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Chiefs building confidence each and every week! I think this will be a great game. Both teams have a lot to play for! Good luck to both teams! Polk may be looking ahead to MC next week. If they are, they could be in trouble! GO CHIEFS!!!!

I doubt Polk will be overlooking this game considering a win puts the Wildcats in the playoffs (for the 8th consecutive year).

I doubt Polk will be overlooking this game considering a win puts the Wildcats in the playoffs (for the 8th consecutive year).

Yea but you also have to look how they have done in the playoffs for the past 8 years. barely making it past round 2! But I still think they will be ready. Its going to be hard not to be thinking bout next week. Polk by 3 td

Polk will be there to play and win. this win puts them in the playoffs for the 8th year in a row. i think polks d will be to much for the chiefs. polks offense needs to get the mistakes gone for this game and the rest of the season beacause at some point the defense ain't going to be able to carry the offense. congrats to the chiefs they are having a good year and could be playoff bound. i just don't see them betting a hard hitting focus polk team

I believe #79 and #62 are standouts on defense.

not so sure they stand out, they are great players, but the defense is full of great players... i just don't think that they stand out enough to say that..

Yea but you also have to look how they have done in the playoffs for the past 8 years. barely making it past round 2! But I still think they will be ready. Its going to be hard not to be thinking bout next week. Polk by 3 td

it will be hard to not look into week 9.. but i would put money that coach davis has eliminated the words mcminn central and week 9 from being repeated in the fieldhouse or around him... at polk the most important game is always the next game.... i agree with you that polk wins...

but the playoff thing.... every team in our region has a hard time getting out of the first round.. region 4 is very tough year after year... and before we were 3A the region we had to play was tough too.. and tyner was in our region which normally gave us and the others a shot at second and thats about it.... but if you look at it there has been very few teams make it out of the first round in our whole region in the past years..

Big game for both teams. Polk is a solid team, who will be very tough at home. The Chiefs Must play well in this one. The Key for the Chiefs is Defense. If we can limit polks offense the Chiefs will have a real shot at winning this game. I would not be surprised to see Sequoyah come out of Benton with a win. GO CHIEFS!!!

Polk will be there to play and win. this win puts them in the playoffs for the 8th year in a row. i think polks d will be to much for the chiefs. polks offense needs to get the mistakes gone for this game and the rest of the season beacause at some point the defense ain't going to be able to carry the offense. congrats to the chiefs they are having a good year and could be playoff bound. i just don't see them betting a hard hitting focus polk team

8 years in a row speaks volumes for Polk's program. I think if Sequoyah can pull out the win it will make a statement that the Chiefs have turned the proverbial "corner". The past three wins have been great to build on, but one against a program like Polk's is when you prove you have finally "arrived", or so to speak. I think it was Dr Dave that said earlier that special teams, among other teams, would play a big part, and I agree. Not putting Polk down (actually thought the play was a smart one at the time), but Sequoyah was in the game until an onside kick gave Polk an advantage. Chiefs need to make sure that doesn't happen again. In other words, expect the unexpected. Good luck to both teams Friday.

Ball control, ball control, eat up the clock. If it is a tight game have patients and stick with it. ZERO turnovers. Make Polk drive a long field. No short field change of possessions. Defense must turn everything on the wing T inside. Derrick will be willing to let his defense win the game(wait on Sequoyah to make mistake). Passing downs look for screens. Be very awake on special teams, on-sides, reverses, all out punt block. Who ever can make the other offense impatient and get out of there strong suit along with fewest turnovers wins the game. Key for chiefs is solid defense,patients on offense and turnovers. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great Post! I could not agree more! I think one of the most improvements for the Chiefs have been on special teams. Bell has been kicking really well! If we can continue to make the other teams start drives from their own 20, our defense has a better chance. Patience will be key for the Chiefs! Leave it all on the field CHIEFS! Chiefs will pull off the upset 23-20. GO CHIEFS!!!!!