2.Howard

3.Hixson

4.Marion

5.Sequatchie

6.Grundy

7.East ridge

8.Notre Dame

9.Bledsoe

This is how I see it panning out this season.

CCS- Have a group of stars coming back that should put them over the top of the rest of the competition. I think William Moore will come back proving to everyone that he hasn't lost a step of his game and I can see him averaging around 22-25 ppg game. Cook is one of the poing guard that the city has to offer and with Moore and Hill out on the court this will give him plenty of oppurtunity to get to the hoop anytime he wants since he is a big guard who can take his man to the post. Hill is very very underrated for this team, he may be the best player on the team with his defensive presence along side his deep ball shot which he can knock down at will.

Howard- You can never count Howard out of any fight, but I don't see them taking over the district this year especially when no one knows of who they will be putting out on the court this season. Losing Ricks, Taylor and all those guys will take a toll on this team this year.

Hixson- They upset Howard last year at Howard's place and they only lost one or two players of that team so I can see them pushing for a one or two spot by the end of the season just by them coming off of momentum. I'm not sure if that number 32 guy is eligible to play this season, but I'm sure we will all see soon.

Marion- With Big Cody in the middle anything is possible with this team. I think that if they worked harder together as a unit than they will be better than what people will count them as. Henegar has the potential to put up 20 points a game along side 15 rebounds if his team will feed him the ball a little more. With Guyear coming back it gives the team an overall scorer who can do a little bit of everything for the team.

The rest of the teams are a toss up just because they have lost so many players or they just don't have the player to compete at the top level in the district.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basketball9, you really seem to know what your talking about.

I like your list, IDk if I would have Marion that high. I know that Guyear and Henegar can play with anyone but after that their not to deep. Sometimes they jus don't come to the floor with the intensity that I think they sould. When teams like Marion, Seq., Grundy etc. play the Howards and CCS of the world who have more top to bottom talent they have to play with a lot of intensity and a lot of emotion, and when their at home the have to feed off the crowd. If not I jus dont think they can beat them. and Marion doesn't do that. plain and simple IMO.

I hope I'm wrong cause I would love to see some valley teams make some noise.

1.CCS

2.Howard

3.Hixson

4.Marion

5.Sequatchie

6.Grundy

7.East ridge

8.Notre Dame

9.Bledsoe

This is how I see it panning out this season.

CCS- Have a group of stars coming back that should put them over the top of the rest of the competition. I think William Moore will come back proving to everyone that he hasn't lost a step of his game and I can see him averaging around 22-25 ppg game. Cook is one of the poing guard that the city has to offer and with Moore and Hill out on the court this will give him plenty of oppurtunity to get to the hoop anytime he wants since he is a big guard who can take his man to the post. Hill is very very underrated for this team, he may be the best player on the team with his defensive presence along side his deep ball shot which he can knock down at will.

Howard- You can never count Howard out of any fight, but I don't see them taking over the district this year especially when no one knows of who they will be putting out on the court this season. Losing Ricks, Taylor and all those guys will take a toll on this team this year.

Hixson- They upset Howard last year at Howard's place and they only lost one or two players of that team so I can see them pushing for a one or two spot by the end of the season just by them coming off of momentum. I'm not sure if that number 32 guy is eligible to play this season, but I'm sure we will all see soon.

Marion- With Big Cody in the middle anything is possible with this team. I think that if they worked harder together as a unit than they will be better than what people will count them as. Henegar has the potential to put up 20 points a game along side 15 rebounds if his team will feed him the ball a little more. With Guyear coming back it gives the team an overall scorer who can do a little bit of everything for the team.

The rest of the teams are a toss up just because they have lost so many players or they just don't have the player to compete at the top level in the district.

So no Sequatchie in there...thats odd they play all the Chatt teams hard every year...and always is the team out of the Valley....

Sequatchie did alright at times at the Tyner playday. Lost by 3 to McCallie, beat Silverdale by 8 while playing everyone and lost to Tyner by 2, missed a tying shot at the buzzer. Silverdale had two players in the 6'5" range, I was told one is new to the school from Ringgold. Tyner beat Silverdale by around 20. Chattanooga Central also was there. Most if not all of the teams had football players missing.

Sequatchie did alright at times at the Tyner playday. Lost by 3 to McCallie, beat Silverdale by 8 while playing everyone and lost to Tyner by 2, missed a tying shot at the buzzer. Silverdale had two players in the 6'5" range, I was told one is new to the school from Ringgold. Tyner beat Silverdale by around 20. Chattanooga Central also was there. Most if not all of the teams had football players missing.

i hear seq. struggled shooting but defense looked really good. they were down about ten is what i heard against tyner with about 2 min left and picked up pressure had two opportunities to tie the game....a dropped pass by a post player under the goal then the missed jumper at the buzzer. but good all around showing for the indians. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i hear seq. struggled shooting but defense looked really good. they were down about ten is what i heard against tyner with about 2 min left and picked up pressure had two opportunities to tie the game....a dropped pass by a post player under the goal then the missed jumper at the buzzer. but good all around showing for the indians. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thats really good to hear.

How many players does Seq. still have in football or was everyone there? even if everyone was there for seq. Its not the same considering they had a football game the night before, same can be said for Tyner.

thats really good to hear.

How many players does Seq. still have in football or was everyone there? even if everyone was there for seq. Its not the same considering they had a football game the night before, same can be said for Tyner.

they were missing starting center...about 6'5 6'6 he plays football but he was there to support the team...i think tyner coach said they were missing three but they wouldnt play much anyway. Tyner has a pretty big team this year. 6'9 kid is strong on d and has two players in the 6'6 range that are tough. they should be good this year also.

it was a good game from what i hear. good luck to all teams this is going to be a good year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That showed good commitment to get up the morning after a rough football game and come see his basketball teammates compete in a scrimmage, about 45 miles away.

That's very true

I am really excited to see Seq. play this year. They are always fun to watch, but not only that I also think they could suprise a lot of ppl this year.

Best of luck to you guys down there in Dunlap /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />