First Try at 2A Brackets

JohnJohn

I have developed two scenarios for the west quadrant.........enjoy!

Region 9

1 Oakhaven

2 Carver

3 Tredwell

Region 8

1 Milan

2 USJ

3 Westview

4 JCS

Region 7

either a #2 or #3 seed

With a region 7 #2 seed shipped in

first round

Tredwell at Milan

Westview at Region 7 #2

Carver at USJ

JCS at Oakhaven

second round

Tredwell/Milan vs. Westview Region 7 #2

Carver/USJ vs. JCS/Oakhaven

With a Region 7 #3 seed shipped in

First Round

Tredwell at Milan

Westview at Carver

Region 7 #3 at USJ

JCS at Oakhaven

Second Round

Tredwell/Milan vs. Westview/Carver

Region 7 #3/USJ vs. JCS/Oakhaven

I like it - good research

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how it works.

Each region champ must be seeded ahead of all other teams. They are ranked by W-L record.

Then all the # 2's from each region once again ranked by W-L record.

Followed by the # 3's ranked by W-L record, then the wildcards.

So Quadrant 3 would look like this. Waverly will finish ahead of Stewart Co. in their region.

1. Lewis Co. 10-0

2. CPA 7-3

3. Hickman Co. 8-2

4. Goodpasture 6-4

5. Waverly 6-4

6. Stewart Co. 8-2

7. Fairview 7-3

8. Richland 5-5

However, I do not agree with some of your teams getting in, but that is how it would look.

you are assuming cpa wins their region

Let me clarify the post. I wouldn't be suprised to see Camden go west because Huntingdon did last year, and they probably won't be in the playoffs this year. If Huntingdon wins out and Camden beats SC and Waverly, they'll be in.

That situation would dump Waverly into a 3 way tie for 2nd with SC and Huntingdon. With tiebreakers, I'm pretty sure SC would take second for overall record and Huntingdon would take 3rd for head to head against Waverly. Then Wavo's hopin' for a Wildcard.

So it could happen, but not likely.

hmmm...very interesting

this week's game between mustangs and tigers has a lot riding on it!

If there isnt a 10-0..9-1..8-2 club out of the goodpasture cpa region, Milan is going to the ship. They are loaded.

Milan should have as good of a chance as anyone...but look at those team's schedules. They are brutal. Record is not a good indicator of how good they are. I do think all of them are down a bit from last year...but they will still be tough to beat.

I have developed two scenarios for the west quadrant.........enjoy!

Region 9

1 Oakhaven

2 Carver

3 Tredwell

Region 8

1 Milan

2 USJ

3 Westview

4 JCS

Region 7

either a #2 or #3 seed

With a region 7 #2 seed shipped in

first round

Tredwell at Milan

Westview at Region 7 #2

Carver at USJ

JCS at Oakhaven

second round

Tredwell/Milan vs. Westview Region 7 #2

Carver/USJ vs. JCS/Oakhaven

With a Region 7 #3 seed shipped in

First Round

Tredwell at Milan

Westview at Carver

Region 7 #3 at USJ

JCS at Oakhaven

Second Round

Tredwell/Milan vs. Westview/Carver

Region 7 #3/USJ vs. JCS/Oakhaven

So 1 and 2 in a Region can not ever meet until 3rd round?

We did alright with the one in 2007. Feel free to make corrections as you go. I am just going with comparative scores to pick these final records. Obviously things will change and anyone feel free to make changes on their own. Remember this is just a shot in the dark no need to get upset if your team is not initially listed. There are some that are much more in tune with this and will make the proper corrections. Here we go.

Quad 2

1. Westmoreland 10-0

2. Boyd 9-1

3. York 9-1

4. Marion 7-3

5. Smith Co. 7-3

6. Tyner 7-3

7. Sequatchie Co. 6-4

8. DCA 3-7

Ok manipulate and shuffle away. We should get this over the next few days.

Not that it makes a big difference.... but there is no way Boyd can end 9-1 and Tyner end 7-3.... They still have to play each other at the end of the season....

Milan should have as good of a chance as anyone...but look at those team's schedules. They are brutal. Record is not a good indicator of how good they are. I do think all of them are down a bit from last year...but they will still be tough to beat.

Should be a good game. I know what your saying. I am not biased about it. I haven't seen their team schedule yet. Im assuming they played David Lipscomb which is no joke. If it comes down to a Goodpasture/Milan I believe it will be at Milan. #24 from Goodpasture is just crazy ridiculous with the ball in his hands.

It says in the by-laws no two teams from the same region will play each other in the 1st round...unless there are 5 teams from the same region in.

I take that to mean 2 teams from the same region would play each other in the 1st round if that is the case.

I could be wrong but I don't think this rule applies with the "Z" plan. Last year, CPA and Goodpasture played in the first round. DCA from Region 5 made the playoffs but I don't think anyone else from 2A Region 5 (FRA, Ezell Harding or East Robertson) made the playoffs.

They added the ruling this last year so it does not happen again.

I could be wrong but I don't think this rule applies with the "Z" plan. Last year, CPA and Goodpasture played in the first round. DCA from Region 5 made the playoffs but I don't think anyone else from 2A Region 5 (FRA, Ezell Harding or East Robertson) made the playoffs.

As Online said the rule has been changed. It will make it a little more difficult to seed 1st round games. I think it is a good change...though. No system is perfect.