First Try at 2A Brackets

JohnJohn

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are how I think the region automatic qualifiers and wild cards will shake out.

Automatic Qualifiers

Region 1 Happy Valley, Gatlinburg-Pitman, South Greene

Region 2 Alcoa, Louden, CAK

Region 3 Boyd Buchannon, Marion, Tyner

Region 4 Westmorland, York Institute, Smith Co.

Region 5 Goodpasture, CPA, DCA

Region 6 Lewis Co, Hickman Co, Fairview

Region 7 Camden, Stewart Co, Huntingdon

Region 8 Milan, USJ, Adamsville

Region 9 Oakhaven, Carver, BTW

Wild Card Teams that are in with 6+ wins

Region 1 Cumberland Gap

Region 3 Sequatchie

5 win Wild Card Pool Most Likely Candidates For THREE Spots

Region 1 West Greene

Region 7 Waverly

Region 7 Adamsville

Region 8 JCS

If everything goes according to form, and if I understand the tie breakers correctly, Adamsville would get the short end of the stick.

Games that could upset the apple cart

Region 1 West Greene v Cumberland Gap A West Greene win would give them 6 wins, a wild card slot, and take away one slot from the 5 win wild card pool.

Region 1 South Greene v North Greene A North Greene win would add South Greene to the 5 win wild card pool.

Region 1 West Greene v Cumberland Gap A West Greene win would give them 6 wins, a wild card spot, and take away one available slot for 5 win wild card pool teams.

Region 2 CAK v Rockwood A CAK win gives them the #3 and Rockwood is eliminated. A Rockwood win gives them the #3 and puts CAK in the 5 win wild card pool.

Region 4 Cannon Co v Smith Co A Smith Co win gives them the #3 and Cannon Co is out. A Cannon Co win gives them the #3 and Smith Co would have 6 wins and a wild card slot taking one slot from the 5 win pool.

Region 6 Harpeth and Richland could add their names to the 5 win wild card pool with wins in week 10.

Region 7 Huntingdon v Adamsville An Adamsville win would give them 6 wins and a wild card slot taking away one available slot for the 5 win wild card pool teams. An Adamsville loss puts them in the 5 win pool. A Huntingdon win gives them an automatic bid as a #3. An Adamsville win would also eliminate Huntingdon from the playoffs as they would end the season at 4-6.

Region 8 Gibson County could get into the 5 win wild card pool with a win over Humboldt.

It is possible, but not likely, that no 5 win teams could get wild card bids.

This is how I see things shaking out if I understand everything and if games go according to expectations.

Here are how I think the region automatic qualifiers and wild cards will shake out.

Automatic Qualifiers

Region 1 Cumberland Gap

Region 3 Sequatchie

Region 1 West Greene

Region 7 Waverly

Region 7 Adamsville

Region 8 JCS

If everything goes according to form, and if I understand the tie breakers correctly, Adamsville would get the short end of the stick.

Region 1 West Greene v Cumberland Gap A West Greene win would give them 6 wins, a wild card slot, and take away one slot from the 5 win wild card pool.

Region 1 South Greene v North Greene A North Greene win would add South Greene to the 5 win wild card pool.

Region 1 West Greene v Cumberland Gap A West Greene win would give them 6 wins, a wild card spot, and take away one available slot for 5 win wild card pool teams.

Region 2 CAK v Rockwood A CAK win gives them the #3 and Rockwood is eliminated. A Rockwood win gives them the #3 and puts CAK in the 5 win wild card pool.

Region 4 Cannon Co v Smith Co A Smith Co win gives them the #3 and Cannon Co is out. A Cannon Co win gives them the #3 and Smith Co would have 6 wins and a wild card slot taking one slot from the 5 win pool.

Region 6 Harpeth and Richland could add their names to the 5 win wild card pool with wins in week 10.

Region 7 Huntingdon v Adamsville An Adamsville win would give them 6 wins and a wild card slot taking away one available slot for the 5 win wild card pool teams. An Adamsville loss puts them in the 5 win pool.

Region 8 Gibson County could get into the 5 win wild card pool with a win over Humboldt.

This is how I see things shaking out if I understand everything and if games go according to expectations.

Great Summary. There are alot of games that could change things but I see things shaken out with no major upsets.

Automatic Qualifiers

Region 1 Cumberland Gap

Region 3 Sequatchie

Region 1 West Greene

Region 7 Waverly

Region 7 Adamsville

Region 8 JCS

Region 7 Huntingdon v Adamsville An Adamsville win would give them 6 wins and a wild card slot taking away one available slot for the 5 win wild card pool teams. An Adamsville loss puts them in the 5 win pool.

The big game is if Cannon beats Smith or Rockwood beats CAK...Smith would forsure get wildcard...

Automatic Qualifiers

Region 1 Cumberland Gap

Region 3 Sequatchie

Region 1 West Greene

Region 7 Waverly

Region 7 Adamsville

Region 8 JCS

Smith County already has 7 wins. If Upperman beats York...and Cannon beats Smith...there would be a 3-way tie for 2nd between Cannon...Smith...and York. Cannon County would be the odd man out. York would be 2nd and SC 3rd. Cannon would be 5-5 with one win over team with winning record.

If GC does beat Humboldt we have a shot at getting into the playoffs right? We would have a 3-0 non region record....

Your non region record has no bearing in a tie breaker. With a win against Humboldt, Gibson County would be an extreme long shot to get a wild card. Assuming that JCS defeats Dresden, Gibson County would have to hope that Middleton defeats Fayette Acadamy......and that simply is not going to happen barring heck freezing over. However, a Gibson County win and a Fayette Acadamy win would give JCS 2 wins over teams with at least 500 records assuming that JCS defeats a winless Dresden team on Friday.

Simply put, a Gibson County win would help JCS in any tie break scenarios.

Automatic Qualifiers

Region 1 Cumberland Gap

Region 3 Sequatchie

Region 1 West Greene

Region 7 Waverly

Region 7 Adamsville

Region 8 JCS

Also, if Adamsville beats Huntingdon, Huntingdon is out and Waverly is in top 3 for sure in their region. If Waverly beats Camden, Waverly would be first, Camden second, Stewart County third. If Waverly loses, Camden first, SC second, Waverly third.

Also, if Adamsville beats Huntingdon, Huntingdon is out and Waverly is in top 3 for sure in their region. If Waverly beats Camden, Waverly would be first, Camden second, Stewart County third. If Waverly loses, Camden first, SC second, Waverly third.

Prety sure thats what he meant by Hun being out....When he said hun. out and Adamsville a wildcard...But it would not really effect any of the wild card positions...

Smith County already has 7 wins. If Upperman beats York...and Cannon beats Smith...there would be a 3-way tie for 2nd between Cannon...Smith...and York. Cannon County would be the odd man out. York would be 2nd and SC 3rd. Cannon would be 5-5 with one win over team with winning record.

That is a good observation. I did not even consider it. However, it is a HUGE IF[/b].

I don't see it as being a realistic outcome, but anything can happen.

Your non region record has no bearing in a tie breaker. With a win against Humboldt, Gibson County would be an extreme long shot to get a wild card. Assuming that JCS defeats Dresden, Gibson County would have to hope that Middleton defeats Fayette Acadamy......and that simply is not going to happen barring heck freezing over. However, a Gibson County win and a Fayette Acadamy win would give JCS 2 wins over teams with at least 500 records assuming that JCS defeats a winless Dresden team on Friday.

Simply put, a Gibson County win would help JCS in any tie break scenarios.

Im new to this but reading this post has cleared up alot of things. I do have some questions and maybe you can answer them. What is the chance of two wild cards coming out of region 8 which would be JCS and GC (if GC wins). and if GC does get in, where would they go?

Im new to this but reading this post has cleared up alot of things. I do have some questions and maybe you can answer them. What is the chance of two wild cards coming out of region 8 which would be JCS and GC (if GC wins). and if GC does get in, where would they go?

Very slim for GC to get in...A gc win helps JCS alot....But if they did they would stay in quad 4......Region 9 will not have a wildcard!!

Very Slim, GC can get to a 5 win level and probably get in to the pool for a wild card, but they will have only one win versus a .500 or better team. Waverly have two and JCS possibly two. GC has almost zero chance even if everthing fell their way. There are simply two many teams with 6 or more wins state wide and 5 win teams with more wins against .500 teams.