JCS vs. USJ

Starkiller

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUTHFULLY, yes i am cocky when it comes to the dawgs. you're new so you'll just have to get used to it. just remember it's all in good fun. 4 GOLD BALLS = COCKY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thedawg44,

You are correct. It is all in good fun. Some of your fellow Bulldog supporters need to remember that as well! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My first objective was to get on here and talk about how good of a game the USJ vs JCS game was... but i get on here and read things talkin bad about my Milan boys and bashing head man Morris... well jcs should have won but mistakes cost them... but when it comes to the play-offs i believe milan will be a step above and i pray they play USJ again... Milan is familiar with the play-offs as for USJ has not been there in awhile... Cant wait to see that match-up again!!

Any hope for some more Milan vs. JCS/USJ games in the next few years?

I really don't see it happening. If we go where we are projected in the new alignment there aren't enough open dates to accomadate our older rivals. The Huntingdon gate is always a huge game and generally both teams make each other better. You never know what happens down the road but I doubt it.

Guest nwtnsports

TRUTHFULLY, yes i am cocky when it comes to the dawgs. you're new so you'll just have to get used to it. just remember it's all in good fun. 4 GOLD BALLS = COCKY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's interesting. I guess our perspectives are different, but here's my latest equation on feelings towards Milan football: not making it to the state championship since '99, even when we had some really talented teams = humbled.

Back to the JCS/USJ game. It must have been great, another classic in this rivalry. Congrats to the Bruins on the win and their success this year. It's very nice to see them doing so well. JCS gave up a tough fight, job well done to the Eagles. Look forward to seeing them win the next two weeks and, hopefully, make the playoffs.

Those are two very good teams with classy fans. Sorry some Milan fans had to get on and wreck your thread.

Guest Advisor

The truth of the matter is that USJ has fielded their weakest teams in 15 years over the last 3 years. It seems like they are beginning to get back to playing the quality of football that they did for several years. You don`t make it to the Clinic Bowl 3 times in 1A by not being good. You weren`t the only one who thought the same thing though. I read many posts back when USJ moved up to 2A about how they`ll find out how "real" football is played. In reality USJ would have been very successful in this region many years. I`m, not saying they would have dominated like they did in 1A, but they would have been competing for region championships. I think a lot of the naysayers probably felt redeemed in their predictions based on the results over the last 3 years, but like I stated before those were probably the 3 worst teams USJ has put on the field in the last 15 years. It is very nice to see though that you had the integrity to get on here and say you were wrong. There are MANY still on here who were saying the same thing a few years ago who sit silent today.

Good post VG! I agree...........that being said.......why don't both JCS and UJS remain in D-I after proving that they both can compete for region titles in 2A?

That's interesting. I guess our perspectives are different, but here's my latest equation on feelings towards Milan football: not making it to the state championship since '99, even when we had some really talented teams = humbled.

Back to the JCS/USJ game. It must have been great, another classic in this rivalry. Congrats to the Bruins on the win and their success this year. It's very nice to see them doing so well. JCS gave up a tough fight, job well done to the Eagles. Look forward to seeing them win the next two weeks and, hopefully, make the playoffs.

Those are two very good teams with classy fans. Sorry some Milan fans had to get on and wreck your thread.

you stay humbled, i'll stay cocky. it's alot more fun. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest nwtnsports

you stay humbled, i'll stay cocky. it's alot more fun. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sure it is, but the fall is much shorter from where I'm standing.

Seriously though, you're a great Bulldog fan. I really appreciate your enthusiasm.

Good post VG! I agree...........that being said.......why don't both JCS and UJS remain in D-I after proving that they both can compete for region titles in 2A?

All one has to do is visit the USJ website and review their required curriculum. This is not to slam on the public schools but....... for USJ to have to compete at 1.8x enrollment and then throw in their rigorous academic requirements is extremely tough. Mickey, Jim and Neill have done a great job of "coaching up" their kids this year. Jeff Morris is a very good coach and so were Bland and Tucker but face facts. Milan enjoys the privilege of being the only game in town and has done so for decades. I liken it to the JCM runs in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Tigrett, Jackson Jr. and Parkway all fed the Cougar machine for many years but consolidation and demographic changes have killed the JCM football program. I don't see that ever happening in Milan.

blah, blah, blah! what was the fnal scores in those 2 games bonehead? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Go back and read all of this post until you Milan people got on here and hi-jacked the thread.

That is what class looks like....................read, learn, follow............

You have a great team and 43 threads on here to tell everyone about it. I can't see why you must come on

here and ruin this one too.

Great, great game guys. Hard hitting, one with a helmet that flew about 10 yards away. The sportsmanship displayed on the field (and off for the most part) was the best I have seen in a while. Hard hits, but then both teams helping the other off the ground and patting each other on the helmet when play was over.

Most games do not live up to expectations, this one did !

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

One of the most physical high school games I've ever seen. The Thompson kid for JCS and the McWherter kid from USJ both came to play. I think Thompson (#43) for JCS was the one who drilled #83 for USJ in the first half and nearly sent his helmet to the JCS sideline. Then McWherter nailed #6 for JCS at full speed right in front of the USJ bench. The kid never knew what hit him and staggered around for a couple of seconds.

If you haven't seen Overbey play, I would highly recommend it. I told Mickey after the game that I've never seen a high school QB with the poise and game management skills this kid possesses and he's just a sophomore. Absolutely nothing rattles him. I watched the game from the USJ sideline and this kid's demeanor is the same if he's thrown a TD or an interception. He had an off night but when he had time to set up and go through his reads and progressions it was something to see.

I don't plan on missing their next encounter with Milan if it happens.

I'm sure it is, but the fall is much shorter from where I'm standing.

Seriously though, you're a great Bulldog fan. I really appreciate your enthusiasm.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />