Cannon Co. basketball

BigPun

I think since it would take an act of congress to ever eliminate the grammar school teams and have a middle school, why not have the athletic director work with the director of schools and appoint grammar school coaches who are knowledgable about the game and want to coach and also let them start running the same offensive sets and defensive sets that the high school teams run, so that when they get to the high school level they are familiar with the system and make the transition from elementary school a lot easier.

That would not be a bad idea.

But, why not have a tryout for the county and the kids that make it have a Middle school schedule. Then the parents know that they will have to get them there.

Do not allow them to play on the element. teams and this lets more kids continue to play and it also builds the high school team of the future. You know it is nice when kids know were a team mate is on the floor with out looking.

The old Gym would be perfect, the football team already uses it, maybe even get some weights in there for football and basketball. That is if the county is really into the programs.

I think the same thing would help the girls also....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They ran into a buzzsaw every night it appears. Somerset is pretty good obviously and they had a barn-burner with Grainger in their final game in the tourney. Grainger's Skylar McBee is one of the best players in the state and dropped 30 on the Lions in addition to Justin Humphrey going for 20 inside and...well Union County doesn't lose at home that often plus they've got some pretty good guard play ordinarily.

That's a rough way to spend the week between Christmas and New Year's.

It sounds like our guys had a rough go at it this weekend, any details? good luck lions!

CCHS played some talented teams at the Union Co. tournament. They need to move on past that and get ready for the heart of the district schedule, that begins with Upperman, Cannon Co. can beat them if they play with intensity, and desire that they have shown at times this season.

hey Vols1, PatriotSpy, Wildcat5 or anybody, the boys are halfway through the season, what do you think of the team so far?

I think the boys team has played a tough early season schedule with Livingston Academy ranked third in the state and Grainger recieving votes to be in the top 10. They hung right with Livingston except for the 1st quarter and they led Grainger by 7 going into the 4th at there Christmas tournament. I believe considering how young the team is they have done well thus far I mean 9 total wins last year already 6 this year so not a bad first half of the season

• 4 weeks later...

If someone stepped up to the plate and got things organized, the proposed idea would work. The middle school football team is setup that way, different kids from all the grammar schools. I also think tho, with how much pride people have in their grammar school history, it would be hard to tear away from the traditions lol. Good ol' cannon county.