Cannon Co. basketball

BigPun

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannon co. had some very good teams a few years ago and I think may be rebuilding toward that but not this year' too many returning for LA and Upperman ; York, Smith co, Macon co and Dekalb co will have decent teams that the Lions can compete with but not dominate by any means but can pick up some wins wih a good effort.

Coach Rigsby will bring alot of enthusiasm to the program, Cannon is still young, but have a talented sophomore class and could be in the mix

What is the breakdown of players per class? How many seniors, juniors, sophomores, freshmen? I've seen them play over the years, and they always seem to play hard. Good Luck.

cannon co. had some very good teams a few years ago and I think may be rebuilding toward that but not this year' too many returning for LA and Upperman ; York, Smith co, Macon co and Dekalb co will have decent teams that the Lions can compete with but not dominate by any means but can pick up some wins wih a good effort.

Cannon's football team has some pretty good size... not sure how many actually play basketball but you can generally get a good feel for the type of athletes a school has by looking at the football team.... With that said, having a new coach will be tough on them to compete in the district.... I saw Upperman play during the summer and they will be hard to beat regular season.... not sure how much of a run they can make in the playoffs, but an average basketball team doesn't have a chance against them.....

Cannon's football team has some pretty good size... not sure how many actually play basketball but you can generally get a good feel for the type of athletes a school has by looking at the football team.... With that said, having a new coach will be tough on them to compete in the district.... I saw Upperman play during the summer and they will be hard to beat regular season.... not sure how much of a run they can make in the playoffs, but an average basketball team doesn't have a chance against them.....

There aren't many football players that play. I'm curious about what pspy39 thinks about the upcoming basketball season

lets just be glad he is gone he was not a good coach at all now Rigsby i think will do a great job he has a lot of good sophmores to build around they will be just fine

Haha Coach Johnson was a good guy, just maybe not the best coach i wish him well the rest of his carrer. Coach Rigsby deserved this job and I believe he will do well, but all great things take time to build,

lets just be glad he is gone he was not a good coach at all now Rigsby i think will do a great job he has a lot of good sophmores to build around they will be just fine

That is an interesting point. Didn't he move up to Riverdale which has great tradition on 7AAA and a really strong program. I would think that they would not take some one on that did not know anything about basketball. And no offense to Coach Rigsby, but didn't he come from Warren County, where they have not won much at all? I think Rigsby could do a good job, and I am not sure about this sophomore class about how good they are. But, if I remember correctly Cannon Co. has not faired well in a long time in that district.