2A AP Poll

OK Alcoa folks, I get it. You guys are the 2A powerhouse alone at the top. OK. I'm sorry some sports writers are giving Milan a chance. That must be terrible to know that ONE other team besides yourselves is getting a tiny bit of respect.

Please, remind me again of who you play. Please.

I don't know why you are griping when you are #1 in the polls and everyone except for Milan's players and fans have you penciled in for ANOTHER gold ball.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acoa, great team, great program....BUT

fulton, mccallie, south pitt, howard, brainerd are tyners non-regongames THIS year. brainerd is down and fulton is not quite as good as they have been. but all 5 of these teams were pushing the top ten in their diviions when scheduled. Alcoa has two tough non-region games, whte house and maryville. but why would such a program play 1-7 BT Washingtn and 1-6 Spring Hill?

A lot of teams won't play Alcoa. Fulton and McCallie played Alcoa in 2005 and 2006. I think Alcoa should play Fulton and AE every year. I saw a couple of Alcoa vs AE games. They were very exciting to watch.

OK Alcoa folks, I get it. You guys are the 2A powerhouse alone at the top. OK. I'm sorry some sports writers are giving Milan a chance. That must be terrible to know that ONE other team besides yourselves is getting a tiny bit of respect.

Please, remind me again of who you play. Please.

I don't know why you are griping when you are #1 in the polls and everyone except for Milan's players and fans have you penciled in for ANOTHER gold ball.

I would like to see Alcoa take on the eventual winner of the playoff matchup between Milan-Lewis Co. I don't think either of them have a shot BUT it is my opinion that I want to see someone other than Goodpasture play Alcoa in the title game.

That 2004 game between Alcoa & Huntingdon was the GREATEST GAME in which I have ever had a chance to see on a stage as big as the Blue Cross Bowl. High Drama & Action Filled /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would like to see Alcoa take on the eventual winner of the playoff matchup between Milan-Lewis Co. I don't think either of them have a shot BUT it is my opinion that I want to see someone other than Goodpasture play Alcoa in the title game.

That 2004 game between Alcoa & Huntingdon was the GREATEST GAME in which I have ever had a chance to see on a stage as big as the Blue Cross Bowl. High Drama & Action Filled /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, that was an incredible game.

acoa, great team, great program....BUT

fulton, mccallie, south pitt, howard, brainerd are tyners non-regongames THIS year. brainerd is down and fulton is not quite as good as they have been. but all 5 of these teams were pushing the top ten in their diviions when scheduled. Alcoa has two tough non-region games, whte house and maryville. but why would such a program play 1-7 BT Washingtn and 1-6 Spring Hill?

Most teams WONT play us , so we had to go 200 miles away and pick up those two teams ( Booker T and SPring HIll). But may i remind you , it was only 2006 that Booker T finished the year 9-2. It doesnt matter the quality of the teams we play , people are still gonna say we play all weak teams , with the exception of maryville. I mean , look at our opponents win/loss for the 2006 schedule.

Maryille 15-0 STATE CHAMPS

CAK 8-4 2A PLAYOFFS

Fulton 14-1 STATE CHAMPS

Loudon 9-3 2A PLAYOFFS

McCallie 10-2 , DIVISION II STATE RUNNER UP

Wartburg 0-10

Rockwood 5-5

Sweetwater 9-4 2A QTR FINALS

Oliver SPrings 1-9

Booker T 9-2

Total Opponent Win/Loss for 2006 : 109 -51........looks like a winning record to me

Thats our regular season schedule ,with the exception of Wartburg and Oliver Springs , all of our opponents had winning records , and 3 OF THEM WENT TO STATE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE CLASSES. 2 of those threee WERE CHAMPS.

but no , this is still not good enough for all the people of big 5A and 4A teams that just wanna talk us down.Find one other team that has played 2 State champions and 1 Runner up in their schedule in one year! seriously , can you???

...I don't think Tyner will appear in this poll in 2008...it doesn't matter because the Region Championship is at stake...I would rather still be playing this time next month instead of being ranked and sitting at home...if the "RAMS" take care of business(like I think they will) they will be ok and the ranking will be an after thought!!!

Right on TRF. Tyner, Marion, and Boyd are all better than half of the top ten. We will earn our respect. Peace and love from Jackie Moon.

I would love to see Alcoa and Maryville play the likes of MBA, BA, or Ensworth. As good as Alcoa is, I believe they would be in some trouble getting through the tough DII teams. But thats not a slight at all. DII should be expected to win since they give plenty of financial aid (especially Ensworth this year).

You are comparing a 2A public school with a D-II large school?????? There's no way that any 2A public school should ever be able to compete with a D-II large school right???????

Oh that's right......... Alcoa did beat McCallie a few years ago didn't they?????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You folks at Alcoa seem to think everyone is always against you. Why are you so defensive all the time?

Someone posted factual evidence that some of the top 10 teams have "weak schedules" by opponent win percentage. Anyone that understands the stat knows it doesn't tell the whole story, and it's certainly no reason to go off as you guys have.

We all know you're good, you don't have to keep trying to convince us. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Milan or Lewis Co..................or someone besides Goodpasture needs to make it to the "ship"

Then maybe we can have another game like Huntingdon/Alcoa!

I would love to have another game like that. That game was my senior year and it was a great game to watch. Goodpasture has been a boring game the last 3 years. Huntingdon was a shoot out.

Go Milan or Lewis Co..................or someone besides Goodpasture needs to make it to the "ship"

Then maybe we can have another game like Huntingdon/Alcoa!

From what I have seen Alcoa will get better competition in the east bracket than from the west TN team that makes it to the final. Not hating, just voicing my opinion.