Grainger Grizzlies

bballmomma

Oh Bballmomma has been watching from the top of the arena and was shocked to see how our ladies played even though they beat Union County then come back to lose against Claiborne...gee whiz. Roach is a big loss in the defense of these girls she would kick butt all the time might not could shoot worth a flip but she can play defense. Acuff, Waldroup and Crews have all been ok during the tourney but sure didn't stand out like they needed to. But i will say last nite Crews kicked up the points while Acuff made the assists and blocks but couldn't hardly buy a shot but that's shows a good player when the offense isn't there she kicks up the defense. Waldroup sure didn't play to her potential but she knows how to rebound. The guards were ok to but i think next year Maples and CAbbage will be more helpful as they'll have a year behind them and the experience of H.S ball. Of course for anyone who was there last nite in the second half these girls for the first time this year ( well the games i've seen ) actually played like a team and showed NO signs of selfishness. If this play will carry over the first region game should be a good one. CONGRATS to Crews and Waldroup on the all tourney team. Girls keep it together and play team ball and you can go further than round one in the regions... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

bballmomma I'm glad to here from you again its been awhile. Let me correct you on one little thing, I think you meant to say "then come back to lose to Cumberland Gap" instead of Claiborne. Roach is a big loss on the defensive end, and I knew that from the moment she quit the team. Your right about Acuff she sure did pick the wrong time to take a nose-dive in the scoring department...lol. Crews hasn't been as good lately as she had been either. I liked it when in those few games Crews and Acuff were pulling 12-20 pts almost each game. Maybe they can get that back before Friday night, and bring it then. Waldroup didn't play to the potential she can play, which brings me to the question, how did she make the all tourney team over Acuff? I thought Acuff outplayed her in every aspect of the game. I know Acuff wasn't scoring like she had been, but from watching the games it seemed like she outscored Waldroup, and if it wasn't for her assisting these other girls they wouldn't have had most of the points they did. I don't won't to ruffle any feathers but from the reactions of many of the fans, I think I can honestly say that many people was shocked to learn that Waldroup made the team instead of Acuff. But anyway congrats to Crews and Waldroup making the all tourney team. Also just like to tell the girls good luck against Elizabethton Friday night. If you girls play like you did the 2nd half against Claiborne then you can make it to the next round in regionals. But remember you need to play as a team, and work together.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of game does Grainger play?

Fast paced or half court?

Man or zone on D? Press?

I know they have some size; How do you see the matchup with 6-2 Pietrowski.

Elizabethton usually only plays 7 unless there is foul trouble. How many are in Grainger's usual rotation?

This is EHS's first home regional game since TSSAA went to the current setup three years ago. The last two years we had to win on the road in the quarters (at Gatlinburg in 07 and at Claiborne last year). Should be a big crowd on hand friday night for this one. Will Grainger bring a good following of fans? There is plenty of seats in Treadway gym. Fill er Up.

Go Cyclones.

What type of game does Grainger play?

Fast paced or half court?

Man or zone on D? Press?

I know they have some size; How do you see the matchup with 6-2 Pietrowski.

Elizabethton usually only plays 7 unless there is foul trouble. How many are in Grainger's usual rotation?

This is EHS's first home regional game since TSSAA went to the current setup three years ago. The last two years we had to win on the road in the quarters (at Gatlinburg in 07 and at Claiborne last year). Should be a big crowd on hand friday night for this one. Will Grainger bring a good following of fans? There is plenty of seats in Treadway gym. Fill er Up.

Go Cyclones.

Cyclonefan

we can't be giving away our secrets and let you prepare for us:0) /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

one nevers knows what Grainger will play in...guess whatever the coach pulls out the hat first. :0( Acuff is 6-2 also i think and she can hold her own against most. As for the fans there will be several but not near the crowd follows the Lady Grizzlies as they do th Grizzlies SAD but true.

Now ole Bballmomma can make the trip to EHS but someone needs to update all of us GHS fans that can't go along. GOOD LUCK LADY GRIZZLES AND GO PLAY HARD AND BRING US HOME A WIN!!!!

bballmomma I'm glad to here from you again its been awhile. Let me correct you on one little thing, I think you meant to say "then come back to lose to Cumberland Gap" instead of Claiborne. Roach is a big loss on the defensive end, and I knew that from the moment she quit the team. Your right about Acuff she sure did pick the wrong time to take a nose-dive in the scoring department...lol. Crews hasn't been as good lately as she had been either. I liked it when in those few games Crews and Acuff were pulling 12-20 pts almost each game. Maybe they can get that back before Friday night, and bring it then. Waldroup didn't play to the potential she can play, which brings me to the question, how did she make the all tourney team over Acuff? I thought Acuff outplayed her in every aspect of the game. I know Acuff wasn't scoring like she had been, but from watching the games it seemed like she outscored Waldroup, and if it wasn't for her assisting these other girls they wouldn't have had most of the points they did. I don't won't to ruffle any feathers but from the reactions of many of the fans, I think I can honestly say that many people was shocked to learn that Waldroup made the team instead of Acuff. But anyway congrats to Crews and Waldroup making the all tourney team. Also just like to tell the girls good luck against Elizabethton Friday night. If you girls play like you did the 2nd half against Claiborne then you can make it to the next round in regionals. But remember you need to play as a team, and work together.

Sorry its been awhile, had more important things to do. It's a wonder someone hasn't come on here and let you have it for what you put about Ashlee not making the all-tourney team. Was she upset about not making the team, yes, but she also knows she could have done more that could have helped her make it, and she knows she has another shot next year at making the all-tourney team. You think we were shocked with this one, then you should have seen our reactions and everyone else's her freshman year when the spot went to a senior after Ashlee had scored 15, 18, and 21 pts in the 3 district games. That year it was shocking, this year not as much. Ashlee was just glad to make the all-district team, and I want to say congrats to Katie and Alayna for the all-tourney nods. Now moving on to the game, things didn't go like they planned at Elizabethton, we just completely got blown out of the water. We seemed like we were more worried about shutting down there post players that we forgot about their outside shooters, or we just didn't want to guard them one. Elizabethton hit it seemed like 10-15 three-pointers, and that killed us. Coach Roach should have also taken a time-out sooner than he did when they went on that run to start the second half. Turnovers also was our downfall once again, I know Ashlee had about 7 or 8 herself, and some of the other girls had about that many too. Poor-shooting didn't help the case either. No one could shoot worth a lick, maybe except for Mara. Well, I just want to say as a fan how proud I am of the way the team turned their season around after starting like 2-11 to come back, finish 3rd in district, and to make it to the regionals. Now we're moving on to next year, and I believe a new district with the way they are reshuffling the districts. So congrats to the Grainger Lady Grizzlies on a good 1st season at the new high school.

Well I have not posted anything this year about the Lady Grizzlies even though I have been to most of their games. So now that the year is over I thought give you some of my thoughts about them.

The Lady Grizzlies had a fair year, but next year will be more of a challenge than this year has been.

Moving in to the new District with South Greene(making the State), GreenEville (as Raideray Would say moving down from AAA), Chucky Doak, West Greene, Claiborne who returns Nickels(a very Strong post player)and most of the Team, and Cumberland Gap will be very diffult for the ladies next year. If they do not take better care of the basketball (They averaged about 17 turnovers a game this year) and start playing better defense then next year will be even a harder year that this one. Also South Greene and GreenEville play at level of effort that Grainger is not accustom to playing at. Both of these teams will be physical and Grainger has problems with teams that have strong post play and that get physical on the defense end.

I see Grainger in the lower third of this new district unless they get a a stronger post play and cut down on the turnovers. Maybe some of the freshman will step-up next year.

They should get a couple of girls from RMS that should help them quickly . Taylor Morgan point Guard (should help with Turnovers and see is playing AAU this summer) and Laura Johnson Forward or post (should be able to help on Post Defense and could be a scoring threat).

I hope the girls work hard this summer and have a better year in 2010.

By the way bballmomma, bigbluefan4ever and alwaysapioneer, what D1 College is Miss. Acuff being recruited by you guys and gals seam to know everything about her or what is going on around her or least it seams like you do, by reading your post on these boards, or you are her Family along with BigAmom.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have not posted anything this year about the Lady Grizzlies even though I have been to most of their games. So now that the year is over I thought give you some of my thoughts about them.

The Lady Grizzlies had a fair year, but next year will be more of a challenge than this year has been.

Moving in to the new District with South Greene(making the State), GreenEville (as Raideray Would say moving down from AAA), Chucky Doak, West Greene, Claiborne who returns Nickels(a very Strong post player)and most of the Team, and Cumberland Gap will be very diffult for the ladies next year. If they do not take better care of the basketball (They averaged about 17 turnovers a game this year) and start playing better defense then next year will be even a harder year that this one. Also South Greene and GreenEville play at level of effort that Grainger is not accustom to playing at. Both of these teams will be physical and Grainger has problems with teams that have strong post play and that get physical on the defense end.

I see Grainger in the lower third of this new district unless they get a a stronger post play and cut down on the turnovers. Maybe some of the freshman will step-up next year.

They should get a couple of girls from RMS that should help them quickly . Taylor Morgan point Guard (should help with Turnovers and see is playing AAU this summer) and Laura Johnson Forward or post (should be able to help on Post Defense and could be a scoring threat).

I hope the girls work hard this summer and have a better year in 2010.

By the way bballmomma, bigbluefan4ever and alwaysapioneer, what D1 College is Miss. Acuff being recruited by you guys and gals seam to know everything about her or what is going on around her or least it seams like you do, by reading your post on these boards, or you are her Family along with BigAmom.

Grainger09, i agree with most of your comments especially the one about turnovers. Sometimes this past season it was painfully hard to sit and watch a game with all the turnovers. I'm not exactly sure how the teams in the new conference will be and if they will be graduating any players or will have everyone coming back. I believe that Claiborne Co. has almost everyone returning and its going around on coacht that former coach Parkey is returning, so they may be tough to handle. Cumberland Gap loses some of their best players don't they, I know they lose Shackleford and I believe one of the 3 pt shooters. I don't know how the incoming freshman will help if they are even put up on varsity. I guess we will find this out when they get things going in the summer. Also heard that Coach Roach is stepping down, does anyone know if this is true or not. So next year will probably be a challenge for the ladies but they just have to pull together and become a team, AND LIMIT THE TURNOVERS.

I have said this before but I'll say it again I'm not related to Acuff, I have just enjoyed watching her improve and get better over the years. As far as what I have heard from her parents and others close to her is that she is being recruited by D-1 colleges. She might not have been being recruited as heavily as Skylar was but I know she made an official visit to Belmont, and is recieving attention from ETSU, MTSU, Purdue, Belmont, and Furman is the ones I know of. Alwaysapioneer would probably know more as I believe thats one of her family members as well as BigAmom. I think she has the talent to make it to any of these, but she needs to show that talent night in, night out. I'm just anxious to see who Skylar signs with this year and who Acuff will sign with next year.

Good luck to the team over the summer and in 09-10 season moving into the new district. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />