Who's the favorite in 8A?

GreenFog

A lot of teams lost key players last year, I think friendship has more starters returning than everyone else. I think they will be good, I agree, Westmoreland is well coached, she will return a good team, not as experienced though. i think gordensville is very well coached, they will be good. Watertown lost some good players, but they still have Thompson, and she can dominate inside, other than Thompson they are young. Trousdale lost their point guard and Brown the shooter, so I am not sure about them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of teams lost key players last year, I think friendship has more starters returning than everyone else. I think they will be good, I agree, Westmoreland is well coached, she will return a good team, not as experienced though. i think gordensville is very well coached, they will be good. Watertown lost some good players, but they still have Thompson, and she can dominate inside, other than Thompson they are young. Trousdale lost their point guard and Brown the shooter, so I am not sure about them.

Yes worden55 FCS should be really good this year. We are returning all the starters from last year .And have some good young girls coming up. Idont see the young girls doing anything but giving the starters a break. But that will help toward the end of the season when everybody seems to wear down. Its going to be a great season. And a plus is we have 3 starting seniors.Hope to see you at the games.

1. Friendship--this may be the year they get back on top. Veteran squad that will have chance to win with the 2 traditional powers in district a little down (Westmoreland, Gordonsville).

2. Gordonsville--having said they are down.... I still think Coach Agee and company will be a tough out in this district.

3. Westmoreland--After losing alot of production they will not be near as good as last 8 years or so but still know how to win.

T4. Trousdale--good incoming freshmen with several returning and will have a chance at region berth.

T4. Watertown--Guard play will be suspect for this young team but Thompson is force to be reckoned with.

6. Merrol Hyde--Better but still fighting an uphill battle

7. MJCA-- ready to make jump to DII so could surprise some people if they get off to a good start.

1. Friendship--this may be the year they get back on top. Veteran squad that will have chance to win with the 2 traditional powers in district a little down (Westmoreland, Gordonsville).

2. Gordonsville--having said they are down.... I still think Coach Agee and company will be a tough out in this district.

3. Westmoreland--After losing alot of production they will not be near as good as last 8 years or so but still know how to win.

T4. Trousdale--good incoming freshmen with several returning and will have a chance at region berth.

T4. Watertown--Guard play will be suspect for this young team but Thompson is force to be reckoned with.

7. MJCA-- ready to make jump to DII so could surprise some people if they get off to a good start.

I think we (MJCA) will do a little better than this. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i think until trousdale gets someone in there that knows the game they will struggle. Look at the talent that had last year. They didn't well at all

Friendship and Gordonsville are the two best teams for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both tied for first at the end of the regular season. They both are well coached and return a ton of experience. This season should be interesting and very exciting. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i think until trousdale gets someone in there that knows the game they will struggle. Look at the talent that had last year. They didn't well at all

It amazes me that when a team struggles it is automatically the coaching. Our football team went 7-4 last year, I guess it was the coaching too, because Clint resigned and we have a new coach and we are currently 10-0. You right it is all about the coaching. Good riddens to Clint. Whatever!