UPDATE ON INDEPENDENCE/RAVENWOOD

JAYJIZEL

I saw game via net and stats are deceiving but as u say on field too long and fact they surrendered 360 yds is a major part of game ball control keep heckman on sidelines less plays less chance to score. Yes the d bent but didn't break. U said they could have but game away 4-5 times as they were at 50 yd line my gosh I hope team can crooss a 50 yd line 4 to 5 times a game

You must have missed most of the game via internet. The Defense gave the Offense the ball 4-5 times inside the 50, twice inside the 30 of Ravenwood, once I think inside the 20 via turnovers that they caused. So you obviously misunderstood my post. You're not actually going to tell me when a team runs twice as many plays as another team the yards should'nt be that much higher. Please re-evaluate your thought process. Are you just looking at stats each week or are you actually seeing them play at all? Like I said before, Stats do not tell the story each week. Unless you actually read the whole book, you won't know the whole story.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

Goldendome, you didnt go to the game thursday did you or many games for that matter? I went thursday night, tried to have a true fan perspective, I can honestly say to you, the stats are deceiving! INDY's DEFENSE was very good. They were out on the field way to long. They FORCED all of those turnovers! Ravenwood did not drop them just because it was wet! If I recall corretly Indy did not fumble once. I might be wrong on that. INDY had many chances to put Ravenwood away,4-5 times inside of the 50 or Ravenwood territory, and could not move the ball. The ravenwood RB and Defense was also very good. It was two good football teams in williamson county, and if INDY"S as young ,as we here, with alot of very good upcoming talent , they will be back very soon. Stats don't always tell the story in a football game or Team.

Sorry Guy but I would not say that Indy's defense was "very good". The Ravenwood backs did not protect the ball very well at all, which led to many of the turnovers. If they had held onto the ball the stats and score would have been even more in favor of the Raptors. The Indy offense sputtered as well. Heckman had little time to throw and several balls were dropped.

Indy will get things going again soon. It may not be in the next two weeks, but it will be in the very near future. This Indy team is young, very young at some positions. The Indy Nation has a lot to look forward to. As Indy fans our duty is to support our team through the good times and the bad times and that is what I plan to do.

please tell me what you would have liked to have seen differetly at INDY besides your son ( sorry ) i mean someone else play QB-

fact is INDy lost alot of players this year that were very excellent players and you can say they are rebuilding , i dont care if they put in tavaress jefferson from Ensworth in as QB or even the kid from Franklin out come would be the same - the offense didnt hurt time it was defense

I love how everyone that has an opposing viewpoint to yours regarding the QB at Indy is automatically assumed as the father of Nick Smith. It really shows your maturity level. But then again I am probably old enough to be your father.

You must have missed most of the game via internet. The Defense gave the Offense the ball 4-5 times inside the 50, twice inside the 30 of Ravenwood, once I think inside the 20 via turnovers that they caused. So you obviously misunderstood my post. You're not actually going to tell me when a team runs twice as many plays as another team the yards should'nt be that much higher. Please re-evaluate your thought process. Are you just looking at stats each week or are you actually seeing them play at all? Like I said before, Stats do not tell the story each week. Unless you actually read the whole book, you won't know the whole story.

Like other poster said sorry guy indy defense was not that good and RHS backs had lots to do with ball meeting the grass,look at stats and note how many turnovers indy caused this year. I agree with u and mentioned it that stats don't matter but it sure does hurt your team when the opponets gain 360 yds on ground and control clock and I never said stats should that much higher. Regardless u know indy defense needs to improve a lot next year if they wanna reach the playoffs