Parents & their tendancy to show poor judgement

OLD PIRATE

What's in the pot Chef?Great thread.All things considered.Right is right wrong is wrong.Little Johnny should not be punished for his efforts,due to personal differences.And the coaches shouldn't be judged on playing time,unless lil Johnny isn't a player or has a bad attitude.Development should be the prime objective at The lowest levels of competition.In my humble opinion.Winning is great,but fairness,humility and class should be a prime motivator in this development.Of course the head coach has the final call and input in these matters.It's never been easy to make everyone happy.It's just too bad that the young people may have to suffer.Rather it be from the parents poor judgment or the coaches.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be appropriate to call out these parents by name and point out every comment they make so they could experience the bashing these coaches and their family take at their miserable expence. Just give me the ok and i'll get the party started. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

AMEN TO THAT /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now this is a mom all can or should respect. Old Pirate heard about a recent situation @ SP Jr high in which a mom chewed the head coach out because her son failed to get 1 of the 2 MVPs for the championship game in which the SP coaches had no input. SP had just completed a 3rd straight undefeated season and has only lost 1 game in the last 5 yrs. The result.......... is the repoted forth coming resignation of 75 % of the coaching staff ,who simply has had enough. The coaches were unable to enjoy the historic victory because some little Johnny failed to get to play, or failed to get to run the ball or failed to get this or that.

OP suggests sitting a table at the games for tips / donations to aid in paying for the moving vans these folks need to get out of town. OP likes the idea of confronting these folks and trashing them. OP has yet to see them folks posting on this thread, yep.......................... says alot about their class.

Can I make the first donation??? I have connections with a couple of u-haul dudes /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is a shame how some parents act...

I feel very fortunate, with the coaching staff my son has. I trust thier judgement and coaching abilities 100%.

I would like to publicly thank Coach Taylor and the entire staff at Bearden High.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

[/quote)

I know Coach Taylor and he is a class act. I have seen parents that act out, because there son's playing time and it is hard to watch. I played for a coach that worked hard at coaching. He would paint and mow his own field. He would even raise money for his team on his own, he would try to do all he could do to keep parents off the field. This way he could play what he thought was the best players, not the best parents. I know you have little johnnys all over the place, but you know as well as I do that alot of coaches play kids because of what ther parents do. These people are not goobers, they are stink ups, brown noser. They do it because they know there son needs all the help they can get. I believe coach Tayor will not let parents effect who plays. I believe this because he coach under the man I was just talking about. One of the most stand up coaches I have ever known. If you did not get the job done on the field, he would find someone that would. He did not care who your mommie or your daddy was and if you did not like that then you could leave. Those type coaches are hard to find and if you find one you better hang on to him. The team my son plays for just got hammered this past Friday. They have about 40 to 50 kids on varsity, mabe about 18 to 20 kids played, with 4 never coming off the field.... Sorry, but guess what?... most of those kids are not getting it done. They have won two games this year, could my son or other players help.....we will never know. All I can say is, "boys keep working hard on that scout team so the boys that are playing can get better, because they need it...........anyway...... they are the ones that are getting there teeth kicked in. Sometimes with a new head coach things never change, as for Coach Tayor and his staff I am happy for you guys. Keep up the good work and always remember it's not about you it' about the kids.

Now this is a mom all can or should respect. Old Pirate heard about a recent situation @ SP Jr high in which a mom chewed the head coach out because her son failed to get 1 of the 2 MVPs for the championship game in which the SP coaches had no input. SP had just completed a 3rd straight undefeated season and has only lost 1 game in the last 5 yrs. The result.......... is the repoted forth coming resignation of 75 % of the coaching staff ,who simply has had enough. The coaches were unable to enjoy the historic victory because some little Johnny failed to get to play, or failed to get to run the ball or failed to get this or that.

OP suggests sitting a table at the games for tips / donations to aid in paying for the moving vans these folks need to get out of town. OP likes the idea of confronting these folks and trashing them. OP has yet to see them folks posting on this thread, yep.......................... says alot about their class.

Old Pirate, Hopefully the coaching staff will not resign. I coach youth baseball, football and select fastpitch. Sadly some times examples have to made for things to improve. And yes unfortunately johnny will have to suffer before some parents get the message. It's about the team. Is the Admin/league taking action?

It is a crying shame that some parents are only worried about Little Johnny getting an award or getting the football in his hands more than the other runningbacks. Folks, it is a team game, not an "I"game. Championships should mean much more than individual accomplishments. I had to leave after the second quarter of the middle school championship game last Thursday, however a friend of mine told me what went on after the game in the parking lot. I will not call out on a message board of who was involved, but it shows absolute no class. I know that the coaching staff at South Pittsburg teaches you to win and lose with class. It is hard to believe that the dynasty that South Pittsburg is establishing and that a few parents would rather have there son get the ball or win an MVP award ,than win championships. I would rather have had 1 championship than win 20 MVP awards. Just down right selfish if you ask me. There are other schools around that you could attend and maybe not get championships, but could achieve individual awards.

Can I make the first donation??? I have connections with a couple of u-haul dudes /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate knows several in our QB club and OP has already filled out his check payable to.... Goober Parents Moving Fund c/o SP Athletics.

There are more than a few who are sick & tired of the constant complaining by some parents and fans.

OP says "Anyone who is unhappy with SP's programs, email OP and us true Pirate fans will see you get top prioty for assistamce in moving.

OP called a local bank and transfered $$$$$ to get this moving fund started. Don't be shy........just email......................no problem getting assistance. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

KL, OP says you have hit the nail on the head. OP loves the FREE Fence Jumping T-Shirts idea.

Most of the people involved with athletics don't really care about anyone anyway all they want to do is have politics and do people right by their last names and money. They pick who they want to be their man and that's how that goes. I feel very strongly in my feelings for some individuals in a program and I am going to speak my mind and don't care, you people don't understand where any of this comes from so don't try to put your two cents in. What about when a coach follows his son throughout his little league through high school years just so he can play the way they want him to. I see that all the time and it doesn't stop you so I'm going to speak my mind everytime. None of you know anything about anybody and what they do as an individual or their background so quit talking. I wish when I played I didn't have to sit behind the kids who had the most money and were entitled to a shot to play.