kingston vs knox catholic

jackets98

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know how many times this needs to be said. But I'll say it again. CATHOLIC DOES NOT RECRUIT. They cannot give athletic scholarships and they can't ask people to come to their school to play any sport. DI schools aren't allowed to recruit or give scholarships. DII schools can, but thats why DII schools are a majority private schools and only play each other for their state championships.

Back to the topic. Catholic wins by at least 2 touchdowns. Both teams are physical, not really speed based much, but Catholic usually plays physical teams better than speed based teams. Example: Catholic only beat AE 21-12, AE being a speed based team, and Baylor 21-20, which they are also a speed based team (they have size too which is a plus) but beat AC, a physical team 28-14 and Mtown West 28-0, also a physical team (not quite as good as AC tho, but you get my point.)

Hey Turtle, do you really believe Kingston will win or do you just WANT Kingston to win?

Hey Turtle, do you really believe Kingston will win or do you just WANT Kingston to win?

I really believe Kingston can win... I mean, if Kingston can stop the Wing T offense or whatever you call the offense you run, they should be able to beat Cat... Cat is not all that this year and Coach P has said that they're young.. But they're winning like they did last year but Cat is Beatable and I think Kingston wins this Friday but lose next Friday to AE /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I really don't know how many times this needs to be said. But I'll say it again. CATHOLIC DOES NOT RECRUIT. They cannot give athletic scholarships and they can't ask people to come to their school to play any sport. DI schools aren't allowed to recruit or give scholarships. DII schools can, but thats why DII schools are a majority private schools and only play each other for their state championships.

Sorry but you are wrong ... I know for a fact of a family that was taken out to dinner to discuss thier son coming to Catholic to play football .... they may not supposed to do that but it did happen.

who cares is catholic beats us,as in kingston we all know they will slip in the playoffs,i only seen ae play once, and it was in the koc jamboree,the defense looked really good,but the offesnse needed work,hopefully they got it taken care of.

oh yea, i heard when they re-do the distric that catholic is moving up,and also heard that if they have to move up they will go back to private so they dont have to play the big boys like farragut and so forth.

who cares is catholic beats us,as in kingston we all know they will slip in the playoffs,i only seen ae play once, and it was in the koc jamboree,the defense looked really good,but the offesnse needed work,hopefully they got it taken care of.

oh yea, i heard when they re-do the distric that catholic is moving up,and also heard that if they have to move up they will go back to private so they dont have to play the big boys like farragut and so forth.

You heard wrong. Catholic is moving up and will be the smallest (624 students) and only private school in AAA/5A. Catholic will find out where (like everyone else) they will be placed. The coaches were told that the Irish (more than likely) would be placed in a district with Powell, Halls, Clinton, Anderson County, Central, Campbell County and the last 2 teams where up in the air, either Oak Ridge and Karns or South-Doyle and Lenoir City, Something about 6A and 5A teams aligned in the district or something like that.

Nice.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You got me on that one. NO COMMENT. But isn't it true that AE knocked you guys out last year? Isn't it true that AE came close to beating you this year? You can't talk until you get a GOLD BALL!! AE has there's... and I'm pretty sure, they'll take a State title over a district title.. So learn how to win the big one...

And Tad; Yes, for some reason we can't get pass Fulton in the playoffs but AE can't be that mad that the eventual champs knocked them out of the playoffs.. But this year, AE can say, they beat Fulton while Fulton is at home chillin during the playoffs while AE will be trying to bring the title back to Martin Luther King Avenue where it belongs... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes you did knock us out of the playoffs, but you had to come from behind to do it and we missed an extra point that won the game for you (we got very conservative with the play calling in the 2nd half of that game). But you did win and that's all to it. This year with all of the fumbles we had in that game (5 I think) you could not capitalize on it and we had a 3rd string running back (Vann was hurt and Cozart did not play) rush for 170 or something like that. A-E led 6-0 and could not build on their lead. The year you won the gold ball we lost in the state championship to Battle Ground Academy so you have us there. But like Eddie Muyphy said in Raw "what have you done for me lately" last I checked A-E has 1 win vs. Catholic. Instead of worrying about Catholic you should probably concentrate on Fulton, they've had your number over the last few years (Coach P has his team focusing on Kingston). Good Luck on Friday.

Sorry but you are wrong ... I know for a fact of a family that was taken out to dinner to discuss thier son coming to Catholic to play football .... they may not supposed to do that but it did happen.

If you know that for a fact why don't you state names? Was it a member of the coaching staff at Catholic doing the recruiting? Was the player enrolled in a high school at the time? I think if you look closely at the boys in maroon over the last several years the same might be said there, don't you think in more than 1 sport?

i hope ur right,but catholic is tough,i mean they recruit everyone,even a kicker from stone memorial,but all the money,talkent,and nice facilities they got they still cant win state,money cant buy heart.

But at least we teach our players how to spell, use proper grammar and capitalization. Let's see...drive by Kingston to Catholic if my school doesn't have a team or shorten my drive by 30 minutes and play in the blue and orange...no thanks even with high gas prices I'd rather be at Catholic /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

...and our football teams has probably doubled the number of basketball wins you've had in the last 2 years in this season alone /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ok for 1,catholic has over 1,000 kids,and who cares about basketball,and yes yall do recruit,both of the vann boys are from anderson county,ur kicker is from stone memorial,so yea dont feed me that crap on they dont recruit,but thats fine well see how far they go in the playoffs again,prolly another 2nd round exit,and u talk about kingston, they have more tradition than catholic,do ur homework son,at least our players have always been home grown,not baught.

ok for 1,catholic has over 1,000 kids,and who cares about basketball,and yes yall do recruit,both of the vann boys are from anderson county,ur kicker is from stone memorial,so yea dont feed me that crap on they dont recruit,but thats fine well see how far they go in the playoffs again,prolly another 2nd round exit,and u talk about kingston, they have more tradition than catholic,do ur homework son,at least our players have always been home grown,not baught.

Ok for 1, Get your facts together before you start spouting off. Catholic has just over 600 students not anywhere close to the 1000 you've stated. With a basketball team like Kingston has had for the past few years, I can see where the apathy would arise and no one would care. The older Vann came to Catholic after he had some problems at AC and it would only make sense after the older brother had a great experience that his younger brother would follow. The kicker from Stone transferrred after they thought there was a possibility that they would not field a team due to the problems the Cumberland County School System was having with funding. He is a D-I prospect that really couldn't afford to miss his Senior season. Wonder why he would want to drive right by Kingston on the way to Catholic. Maybe he didn't realize what great tradition you all have and preferred to play at a school that is producing D-I prospects, whether they are recruited or not. Tradition is great but as the song says, "What have you done for me lately?" /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />