DeKalb @ Sycamore

DEKALBFAN

sycamore is 5-3 . and yes pottete is a good qb but thats all dekalb has is the passing game.sycamore doesnt throw the ball hardly at all. how is their dekalbs D? can they stop sycamores running game?

Well i belive White House only scored one TD on the ground they rlly hurt dekalb on the play action they were forced to throw the football. which they did sucessfully they have a good passing game when they want to throw the football. So if Sycamore can't throw the ball DeKalbs D should hold them to few points and DeKalb has a very good O so i think DeKalb wins.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent seen dekalb play this year but ill hold all of yall to yalls word. i just dont think they can stop sycamores running game. has anybody seen sycamore play the last couple of weeks

Sycamore's run game is a good one from what I saw last week against Macon. An option and triple option attack out of various formations of the shotgun and spread that the MC Tigers had no answer for. The QB is a good runner and decision maker; the backs run hard and with a purpose with good line blocking. In my opinion harder to stop than conventional run styles because you have to play disciplined assignment football on Defense. Plus you have to worry about the QB running the ball and of course play action. The War Eagles give opposing defenses something to think about. This should be a good game. Good luck to both teams.

Do any of yall have a clue how athletic Poteete is? I know you all talk about how great he throws, but wow there is so much more to him. He is fast, and I mean fast. How many quarterbacks return interceptions for touchdowns and return kick offs for big yardage? (Really something I'd like to know) And I've seen him scramble and jump over a whole line and keep going. He cleared a CC defenders head while the defender was still standing upright and just ran off the guys shoulder pads and kept going.

Do any of yall have a clue how athletic Poteete is? I know you all talk about how great he throws, but wow there is so much more to him. He is fast, and I mean fast. How many quarterbacks return interceptions for touchdowns and return kick offs for big yardage? (Really something I'd like to know) And I've seen him scramble and jump over a whole line and keep going. He cleared a CC defenders head while the defender was still standing upright and just ran off the guys shoulder pads and kept going.

did you ever see austin lohin play? im pretty sure he done all of that

i havent seen dekalb play this year but ill hold all of yall to yalls word. i just dont think they can stop sycamores running game. has anybody seen sycamore play the last couple of weeks

As good as ya'll were two weeks ago, DeKalb was better in September. They've only gotten more experienced against good teams like Station Camp and White House since then. I'm not saying Sycamore won't score, but unless DeKalb trips big time, Sycamore will slide in at 4th seed.

The QB for Sycamore, Simms has been playing through an ankle injury that severely limited his running ability during a few of the games in the middle of the year. When you run primarily an option based offense with a hobbled QB, it takes one third of your offense away. He's 100% now and since the second half of the White House game the coaching staff has also opened up the passing game a bit by necessity. With that said, Sycamore's strength is the defense. Take away the first half at White House and nobody has done much of anything against them. Six fumbles, with three being on the Sycamore side of the fifty gave Station Camp their 28-13 win.

Dekalb is the real deal. This will be a fun game to watch. Nobody can really stop their offense. Sycamore probably has a better defense, but the Tigers have by far a better offense. If Sycamore can create a few turnovers, they'll have a shot. But that's true for about any football game.

A straight up football game with no turnovers will see Dekalb picking up the win, but we all know that hardly ever happens.

Here's to a good football game with no injuries. Both teams will be seeing the playoffs, so this one is for fun and seeding.

As good as ya'll were two weeks ago, DeKalb was better in September. They've only gotten more experienced against good teams like Station Camp and White House since then. I'm not saying Sycamore won't score, but unless DeKalb trips big time, Sycamore will slide in at 4th seed.

i understand you think dekalb will win this shootout , but you should definately be rooting for sycamore in this one. Greenbriar needs dekalb to lose to even have a shot at the playoffs

DeKalb is as good offensively as anyone in the region. The only weakness may be in the secondary where WH expoited the Tiger D. If Sycamore can't pass the football they will be outscored in this one. DeKalb wins by 14. By the way, Poteete should be receiving some player of the year in the region talk. Plus this kid is just a junior with his best receiver coming back next year.