DeKalb @ Sycamore

DEKALBFAN

First, I have to point out that when someone drops 49 on you....your Defense didn't "force" anything lol!!!!

With that being said, I think it is clear DeKalb is the better team here. For some of the people on here saying it is just the offense and that is why Poteete is a good QB you obviously have not been paying attention. Granted the offense is the perfect fit for Poteete....but that is what good coaches do...put their athletes in the best position to suceed!!

DeKalb wins 39-21

I disagree with your first statment in this one when arguable the best running team in the region only rushes for 102 yards something is up If White house would of ran the ball 90 percent of the time like they have in thier previous 7 games they would have lost they were forced to pass and sucessfully did that

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tale of the tape.

Sycamore: 5-3..........opponents record 23-41.............Avg score per game 21-16

Dekalb: 6-2................opponents record 31-33............Avg score per game 39-28

Averaging their scores made v. allowed. DC comes out winning this one 28-25.

Does Strength of schedule play a part?

Is Sycamore happy with just making the playoffs?

Can DC's secondary learn to cover the fade that has haunted them the past two games?

Can Sycamore play as hard as they did against SC and WH?

Can the Tigers bounce back from a disappointing loss to WH?

A lot of interesting questions need answering and all will be revealed on Friday.

Very good game I sense in Middle TN. I'll go with the math and say DC 28-25.

What a guess /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Well all i have heard about is Poteete and how he is God of Dekalb county. Just remember football is a team sport. One man isnt going to decide this game. Sycamore has played one man and even three man teams in the past and have proved sucessful. So you cant base your prediction off of the ability of one player. I know that athletically player for player sycamore stacks up better. Sycamore has several weapons, Dekalb has one. Its all in how Sycamore is prepared for this game. I know they are beaten up pretty bad right now so you cant expect thier best effort. I mean they are in the playoffs already. There is no point in getting more players hurt or not giving the injured guys time to rest when all this game has to offer is a better seed. It would be different if the seed determined a home or away play off game but it doesnt. I see sycamore playing thier best ball with who they have healthy. You can probably already expect to see alot of second string players getting some PT for sycamore.

First of all Poteete isn't the only weapon at all. The recievers I'm sure are better than any Sycamore has to offer. Also I'm willing to bet that Sycamore doesn't get through the line to Poteete. Oh sure White House did score on us, but come on look we put up a bigger fight than any team this season has. Tied till the last few minutes and still only lost 35-49, which if I remember was better than the score when you played them, so I don't want to hear nothing about the last game against them brought up.

Also the thing about second string players getting playing time is hilarious imo because if that were to happen you could be looking to see dekalb embarrassing Sycamore even more than they're already going to. I've seen both teams play and trust me there is no way sycamore is coming away with this.

Well all i have heard about is Poteete and how he is God of Dekalb county. Just remember football is a team sport. One man isnt going to decide this game. Sycamore has played one man and even three man teams in the past and have proved sucessful. So you cant base your prediction off of the ability of one player. I know that athletically player for player sycamore stacks up better. Sycamore has several weapons, Dekalb has one. Its all in how Sycamore is prepared for this game. I know they are beaten up pretty bad right now so you cant expect thier best effort. I mean they are in the playoffs already. There is no point in getting more players hurt or not giving the injured guys time to rest when all this game has to offer is a better seed. It would be different if the seed determined a home or away play off game but it doesnt. I see sycamore playing thier best ball with who they have healthy. You can probably already expect to see alot of second string players getting some PT for sycamore.

CMON POTEETE IS A PLAYMAKER AND HE MAKES THE TEAM BETTER. DONT MAKE INJURY EXCUSES IF U ARE TALKING SMACK ABOUT THE OTHER TEAM. DEKALB WINS AT SYCAMORE BECAUSE POTEETE IS A LEADER NOT GOD. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well i belive White House only scored one TD on the ground they rlly hurt dekalb on the play action they were forced to throw the football. which they did sucessfully they have a good passing game when they want to throw the football. So if Sycamore can't throw the ball DeKalbs D should hold them to few points and DeKalb has a very good O so i think DeKalb wins.

So far it isn't play action that's killing the Tigers, it's straight up fades. When you run a man coverage the entire game you're going to get beat some. WH and UHS figured this out quick and made a lot of big plays. If Sycamore has fast rec. (4.9 or better) this will be a high scoring affair, because let's face it one player or not, no one has stopped DC yet.

So far it isn't play action that's killing the Tigers, it's straight up fades. When you run a man coverage the entire game you're going to get beat some. WH and UHS figured this out quick and made a lot of big plays. If Sycamore has fast rec. (4.9 or better) this will be a high scoring affair, because let's face it one player or not, no one has stopped DC yet.

sycamore has quite a few boys who run a 4.9 or under. so good luck with that and one of those guys are 6'6 so good luck covering him.. how tall and fast is yalls best corner?

WHo is/was Austin Lohin?

the qb that was on the two years ago... the year we handed it to yall 35-0

sycamore has quite a few boys who run a 4.9 or under. so good luck with that and one of those guys are 6'6 so good luck covering him.. how tall and fast is yalls best corner?

I'd say both corners are 6-1 or 6-2 maybe, neither are extremely fast (can't give you times because they run their 40's in the grass which really isn't the same as pavement). DC's strentgth comes from blitzes from all over by their 5 LB's. If they don't get pressure, the db's get beat. If they do get pressure, well Poteete had a 40 yd int last week. Should be good, lots of talent, a lot at stake, bring on the popcorn. wait for it. wait for it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> there you go.

the qb that was on the two years ago... the year we handed it to yall 35-0

They are 6'4 and 6'3 I looked it up. As for the year yall beat us, that doesn't matter I think you'll find we're nowhere near the same team anymore.